Bastions of War

Sure, but again, that’s simply a salve to something that is meant to be a buff but instead is a nerf to the Paladin. As it stands right now on SiSi it has lost a bonus, and none of the other Marauders have.
And the Paladin was not head and shoulders above the rest to need to lose a bonus.

3 Likes

Ok, so the Paladin got a nerf to cap stability but it got multiple large buffs. Double damage in bastion, bastion duration halved, 30% increase in lock range and sensor strength increased by 9. Seems to me that having to buy a rather cheap implant set to gain significant cap stability is a small price to pay for those boons. Also if you look at the patch notes you will see that it didn’t lose a bonus, the bonus got changed to 10% cap reduction for large energy turrets per level.

We are talking about hulls here.
So paladin had 25% more cap than it has now, while other marauders do not need so much cap because hybrids don’t use as much cap and rockets / projectiles don’t use it at all.

I can also fit all cap rechargers on my paladin and get it 100% cap stable, but i’ll have no tank.
Other marauders can have tank and full dps, paladin now suffers from cap stability due to weapons…

3 Likes

Same with all other marauders, except other marauders do more dps and have more capacitor and better tank.

2 Likes

The other three, Golem, Vargur and Kronos had the same multiple large buffs. The Paladin is the only one that received a significant nerf on survivability via cap capacity, something that was added afterwards, which makes one wonder how well this whole marauder thing was actually thought through. It is the wrong “BUFF”. The matter is not whether the ship is usable - of course it will shoot npc’s in missions - but whether it actually got better. The answer on survivability, pretty essential for its price is NO for this ship, and YES for the other three. But I guess that people calling 600M implant sets (or 4B) rather cheap are the ones who call 1.8B hulls (lowest day price for Paladin) quite reasonable.

It doesn’t. Not even with your 4B implant set version. Try it, simulate it, fly it, Cap recharge doesn’t mean a lot if your cap is low and your ship receives unfriendly attention from other pilots. A smaller cap pool means it gets neuted to being tank- and weapon-less much easier. To understand what the numbers mean you have to imagine the ship in its environment.

4 Likes

I mean, in this case you’re meant to explode, i’m not sure why you think it being screwed over by being ganked is a problem, if the enemy has brought neuts to the party then you’re screwed and you made a tactical mistake and will get punished for it

Are you expecting for every single ship to always be able to fight neuts?

What fit, specifically, are you attempting to run, i mean for high sec use its insanely easy to be cap stable and hell, my golem tanks L4’s just fine with only a large shield booster, and thats barely even using bastion, so you an easily tank L4’s in a pally with a single LAR

If you’re talking about null then you’ll have to link a specific fit and explain why you think you need to be immune to neuts

1 Like

All the other Marauders got those buffs you listed as well
The Paladin as a singular ship got nothing but nerfs.
Because…

This is not a bonus, it is being put in place simply to counter the doubled capacity use that has been put on the ship. Which means loosing the capacity bonus is a nerf, and it has effectively lost a bonus.

1 Like

3 of the 4 marauders get buffed, increase or keep their survivability as before, 1 of the 4 gets decreased survivability. The rest of the performance is more or less equally spread across all 4, with the obvious differences in weapon performances proper to the types (which they always are).

It has nothing to do with “in this case you’re meant to explode” and everything with “now your Paladin will explode faster than before, the others won’t”. It’s not rocket science.

P.S.

Show us a cap stable, and reasonable Paladin fit for L4 hisec mission running ?

2 Likes

Paladin needs some TLC, yo.

tumblr_n8xn74Ze4G1qb6v6ro7_250

Or Rise could, you know, post it on the official forums for the game he develops instead of as a random comment in a reddit thread.

2 Likes

Indeed, some form of acknowledgement on the official Eve forums from @CCP_Rise of specific concerns about important changes would help the discussion and the quality of the changes. They seem to on Reddit at least…

Not denying that, however, without stats there is no indication that the paladin might not have been due a nerf, this might have just been the time to make that change, granted the golem would probably be the one on the chopping board from a personal perspective

Thats pretty easy, low grade rapture set with 2 control circuit II’s and a single large cap battery, which also serves to help protect against incoming neuts i might add, with a single LAR its cap stable at 47.1% assuming max skills, which you should probably have if you’re flying a pally, i have a second LAR fitted as a precaution but you can do without it, that leaves you 3 med slots to use as you see fit

Thats with 3 HS II’s aswell so you’re not gimping damage really, looks to be around 2bil total assuming you’re not faction pimping the HS’s or the reps

In terms of tank its 728 EHP/s with a single LAR compared to my golem which is 777 EHP/s but i use a deadspace large booster so the numbers are a little higher than using a T2 but its more for cap stability on my golem

[Paladin, Paladin fit]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Large Armor Repairer II
Large Armor Repairer II
Multispectrum Coating II
Multispectrum Coating II

Large Cap Battery II
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

Mega Pulse Laser II, Scorch L
Bastion Module I
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Low-grade Rapture Alpha
Low-grade Rapture Beta
Low-grade Rapture Gamma
Low-grade Rapture Delta
Low-grade Rapture Epsilon
Low-grade Rapture Omega

1 Like

Just don’t use bastion then. You will have the same DPS as before but now your guns use less cap. Alternatively, you could drop several of the heatsinks that you use for cap mods in the lows because your DPS is now significantly higher in bastion.

Nah just switch to another marauder that will do more dps, you can even change damage type and you’ll even have more survivability and you can use bastion mode normally.

Sell all paladins as they’re very very poor now.

In the Paladin case,

CCP should have upgraded it without reducing its capacitor.

Yep, then still can:

1. Change bonus to 7.5% capacitor capacity per level
  2. Embed 25% capacitor into capacitor itself and leave 10% reduction per level for energy weapons on ship.
3 Likes

Also i just saw this on my paladin…
666 on damage :smiley:
666palad

3 Likes

omg this is a bad omen

1 Like

Yes, the Rapture set can make it “officially stable”, there’s no denying that, with up to 1 LAR II cold, if i remember my test on Sisi.

That is the fit I work with (wouldn’t call it cap stable, but in practice it worked just fine before without any implants) on TQ. This fit now runs low on cap in prolonged missions - and that is the discussion here. A vulnerability has been introduced. No more no less than that.

You made my day brighter again.

1 Like

So a ship was made more vulnerable than it used to be?

You know thats always a possibility right? sure its a nerf, but where did they ever claim this was going to be only a buff? they can buff an entire class of ships and nerf one of the ships in that class while they are at it

I get that you don’t like the change, just like i don’t like 99% of the nerfs ships i’ve ever flown have been given, but thats the way balance patches go i guess