Beginner with Amarr BS need help for fittting [resolved]

i guess i shouldve asked what weapons and tank youre focusing on seeing as gnosis uses anything lol

I began as an Amarr … so it’s easy ti guess

okay well the reason i said it might not be wise to rush into a bs is mainly because of the large weapons
they cant track small targets easily especially when your skills are low
your dps is quite low with t1 guns anyway and with low skills your applied damage will be pretty weak and you might be better off using medium weapons because they apply damage better especially in level 2 and 3 missions where you fight small ships
also medium ships are quicker to train into meaning you can focus more on your support skills
it might be a good idea to focus on your drones and train into a prophecy or a myrmadon because you can carry all sizes of drones to attack all sizes of ships and prophecy and myrm can also be made really tanky so you can tank the level 4s without warping out

I know about the difficutly to use large weapons, I already got the drones for that. And I’ll keep the Gnosis anyway.
The command burst aren’t interesting to me and we don’t need support (atm at least I’ll see later)
For the moment I want to focus on dps and have enough tankiness to accompany my friends in battle.
Once we’ll need more specific stuff we’ll take care of it

Given the conversation today, I’d highly recommend a Harbinger at this point.

My friends are tanking with their shields and there’s already a target pointer so the buffs given by Amarr CBCs won’t be useful.
Anyway, You guy already gave me good ideas, I think I’ll be fine ^^

Oh, I wouldn’t use a BC as a booster. I’d just go raw damage and application. Something like:

[Harbinger, L3 low skill]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor EM Hardener II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Tracking Computer II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Heavy Modulated Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M
[Empty High slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

You lose range, obviously, but gain application. You’re also pushing out 615 DPS (my skills), which is sadly comparable to most of the battleship fits in the thread.

This is because a Harbinger has a hefty bonus damage trait. The Apoc does not. Also Medium Energy turrets are in a better spot right now than their large counterparts.

Medium (i.e. cruiser sized) beams have had better dps output and projection than medium pulses for a few years now.

I would avoid battleships until you can use T2 tank and most of support stuff. Weapons can obviously wait. Also with battleships you NEED drones, full flight with some levels in interfacing and support skills.

If you fly with group then you can downgrade, but still i echo others and say battlecruiser is prolly better option.

In level 4’s there is no such thing as your friends tanking the damage, the AI likes to shoot at the weakest, smallest or last ship to enter the pocket so you will always be near or at the top of the NPC preferred target list.

Support skills are critical and because they are slow and usually have no choice but to tank whatever damage comes their way it is even more important for a BS to have your support skills trained. EvE University has an excellent page on support or core skills I suggest you do some reading and research on these BEFORE you step up into a BS and level 4 missions.

For now I find myself in agreement with the others here, stay in your Gnosis until your support skills are trained.

I meant that that they’re using is their shield as primary tanking

the AI likes to shoot at the weakest, smallest or last ship

This is the reason why I don’t use a BC while they have their BS
And my support skills are lvl 3, if not 4.

well I sometimes do L4 with my main, and my alt in a drake, and the drakes takes the aggro here and there but does a better job at avoiding fire than my active rattle snake, to the point I can load it with fof missiles and ask him to orbit me at 5000 with AB on and be sure it will survive.

Of course, a ship small and fast enough won’t be hit by a BSs at 5km. To the point that if the enemy BSs don’t have any close quarter measure, you could destroy them with frigates if your dps’ high enough

in that case, my alt orbits me, not the ennemy rats.

What is an LCO?

And excuse you for asking but why would any minmatar fly a Raven, the price of the Caldari Navy and power horse for years to come?

Did you put ham launchers on and had a really bad day?

Large Collidable Object. I think it was one of the structures in Gone Berserk but it’s been awhile.

I’d flown a Mach for some time and was coming to the end of a multi-year Per/Will remap and decided to finally take Amarr and Caldari BS to 5. Seeing as I’d never actually flown a Caldari BS I thought I’d give it a try.

Standard Liang fit. The Mach had clearly spoiled me. I’d also worked through a Nightmare. Obviously the Raven couldn’t hold a candle to either one, but it also just handled so very, very badly.

And it’s not like I was new to missiles or something. Perfect supports, and I’d flown a Nighthawk for select missions for some time. I went on to be pretty successful in a Tengu (albeit running DED sites, not missions) until the HM nerf. I just couldn’t convince myself cruises were worth my time. Especially on that glorified space manatee.

:slight_smile: yea me too. Loved her.

Maybe it’s a force of habit thing? If you are used to press FONE and be done with it, you will not get the hang of the Raven, which is was flying for 7 years. After the tiericidie for battleships they even gave the Raven her base speed back. At 1032m/s she is not the slowest battleship.

By the way, the Apocalypse at close to 1100m/s isn’t slow either.

Unlikely the problem. The Mach certainly doesn’t respond well to that either. Always be approaching, etc. Neither does my precious Legion. I do think I’m kind of over counting volleys though; that could be part of it.

I haven’t flown one since. This whole experience was probably… 2012? Something like that. It’s been awhile.

One reason to like her. I’m much harder on the Abaddon for that reason (among many, many others).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.