Best Mining Ship for Alpha Clone

Your ships are good examples for mining in a gank safe place. There is no much of such and CODE will explain you that better than me (25kEHP is not much, really). If you have found such place, there is also high probability, that there will be unscanned signatures out there. So you can scan while you mine:
[Praxis, mining with no tank]

Mining Laser Upgrade II
Expanded Cargohold II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]
ML-3 Scoped Survey Scanner
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Core Probe Launcher I, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Large Cargohold Optimization I
Large Cargohold Optimization I
Large Cargohold Optimization I

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

Still more cargohold, than a Venture, higher mining rate, but at least you can move and scan.
I, personally, think, that Praxis is much better, than a vanture not only becasue it can hold more and mine fisater, but also because it can tank like a procurer.
[Praxis, tanked mining buddy]

Mining Laser Upgrade II
Expanded Cargohold II
Co-Processor II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
ML-3 Scoped Survey Scanner
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Core Probe Launcher I, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Large Cargohold Optimization I
Large Cargohold Optimization I
Large Cargohold Optimization I

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

If you invest 130+ milions, you can at least have 46 kEHP to protect it. It will take more than one catalyst to kill you. So ganker will have to use Attack battlecruiser to kill you solo or wait for the group to form (and group will more likely go after some exhumer, not you.)