Best ship and fit choices for running high sec combat sites/ escalations

(Junara) #1

Hello,

I wanted to know if the Svipul and the vagabond would make for decent ship choices for starting some high sec exploration combat sites. I can fly any non capital ship and I am not overly worried about isk/ hr etc. I am omega.

I do like to fly ships that I like the look of or think are cool if they are viable over a ship I dont like even if its better, of course not is its alot better. If I do decide to venture into low sec at some point I have a Tengu and would also like to try the Proteus but thats another topic altogether.

I know some have said the confessor is very good, but I really think the way the Svipul front folds down is just really cool. But again are either of these ships choices a solid place to start?

Thank you

(Specia1 K) #2

Any of the T3Ds could do what you are asking for. It depends on your playstyle and the type of NPCs you are taking on as to one being better than the other. The Jackdaw has great application with light missiles, and the Confessor has the most dps (and the extra utility high slot). A shield tanked arti svipul can do them but you must manage a bit more with range and ammo reloads.

You have the advantage of entry to virtually any site (1-4 and unrated) that might exclude cruiser or BC, but be prepared for a race with Gila’s for some of the prizes. Never done a 5/10 with the T3D however it might be doable…

(Kynami Vaille) #3

Wouldn’t suggest taking some of the 5/10s on with a T3D. A couple of them with the final room and getting lit up with 80K+ range web towers and a lot of everything else suddenly applying extra well hurts too much on that light a hull. There is a reason why some of those complexes have a MJD very highly recommended.

(erg cz) #4

That is what only matters. And between those two I would take vagabond. Just remember , that you will have to deal with (relatively) low range comparing to Gila or Ishtar, which are used by the rest of new Eden for the job.

(Junara) #5

I’ve been trying to learn how to scan down a site etc on sisi using the Vagabond. Found a guristas den in a .5 system but I have no idea what level it was but the Vagabond did very well. Going to try some more and then try some Abyss next.

(HugoRich) #6

automissiles + rocket cruiser can save u a tons of time