BitterVets apparently do not appreciate the #1 CareBear Rule in HiSec - Warpout if Someone is Already There

I have respect for PvP hunters , folks that camp at strategic gates, even those that like to shoot mining ships.

I have zero respect for the people that jump into a site to steal the loot or to otherwise screw-up a mission.

it is a sign of being lazy, or worse, being immature that this is the only way to get their jollies.

There are a great many players that try to show that Eve can be a cooperative competition, and PvP oriented without being a jerk.

players that do this are less then fedo slime, and have no honor.

1 Like

3/10s are pretty decent. Better than 4/10s and 7/10s, worse than 5/10s for the most part.

2 Likes

Its a sign of bad sportsmanship if you can’t accept a loss in a game.

4 Likes

If i can swing in and steal the loot in front of you, i will. Needles to say, this sometimes ends in me loosing ships and pods in stupid ways haha.
But im having fun and stealing from people in highsec is one of the only ways to get adrenaline pumping, in highsec tbh.
I particularly like it during events, where people tend to fly cruisers around.

Like this ship i lost in Crimson Harvest, because i didnt think about gila’s and rapid lights :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Rapid lights will eat you alive.

3 Likes

Yeah that seems to be what was missed by my example;

I didnt cry about it, I accepted there was nothing to be done, made sure my new player wasok.and understood, and prayed for them (the legion) to make a fatal mistake.

T3 Dests fly faster and dps better than Arbies and Prophecies so he had the advantage and deserved the site.

The legion… well he was a d-bag and for it got nothing.

1 Like

Until they need to reload

I used to run hisec DED sites all the time and had no issue with site crashers. personally I chose not to contest DED1/2sites as they were for newer players,

I stuck to DED3/4’s and would always contest them. If you want the loot prepare and run the site efficiently. If someone beats you to it congratulate them and move on. It’s just a game and hisec sites are meant to be competitive as an option instead of shooting each other.

Finally if a ‘rule’ is unwritten, it isn’t a rule so don’t expect people to respect it.

2 Likes

If i had 10% more armor before i looted his can, i would have gotten away. But i was to low in armor and he was super fast at locking me lol. I did survive 4 volleys before i popped and at that time i was miliseconds away from warping out lol.

2 Likes

“Fairness” is a word in the dictionary when it comes to Eve Online.

Decide what you wish to do, how you wish to play and thats satisfactory but dont ever expect someone to play your way just because you do.

4 Likes

I always contesting sites. I get a lot of mails, how **** i am, red standings, bounties. 8 from 10 sites is always occupied, its a waste of time if you dont contest it. 10% chance to get faction spawn or get an escalation is not high, and chance to get a nice loot is even lower.

1 Like

TL;DR of this whole thread is that the OP apparently doesn’t understand what Eve is.

For the OP and those who think likewise, here’s a couple of relevant highlights from CCP Falcon’s greatest work.

The only way to grow is to voraciously consume what’s around you, and it’s your choice whether that happens to be New Eden’s abundant natural resources, or the other people who’re also fighting their way to the top.

If you stumble across something valuable, then chances are someone else already knows where you are, or is working their way toward you and you better be prepared to fight for what you’ve discovered.

3 Likes

Surely the no1 carebear rule is warpout when someone arrives?

2 Likes

Ouch.

2 Likes

Its ok
They never do :wink:

How often do those spawn in highsec? I remember seeing a few 3/10s and lower but it just seemed super inconstant.

i always race them for the loot
to not do that is against the spirit of the game

2 Likes

You have two ways to get them

• probe the sig, only for ded <5 in HS
  • complete anomaly to get an escalation

I think the required escalation depends on the rat.
ded 4/5 can net you c-type invul in matar/calda space. I guess EANM in gallente/amarr.
ded4 is doable in a cr, ded5 better done in tengu.

Of course it is faster to warp to the site someone already started and try to snatch the last hit/commander/ get a suspect timer. if the opponent does not have scram+web, most of the time it’s game. Then you do discovery for 10 min in stations, with your drop in your cargo.

Basically you’re a carebear hiding behind Concord game mechanics. If you actually wanted an adrenaline rush, go to low sec.

2 Likes

My article was to explain to BitterVets what was going on. I believe I mentioned at some point it took me awhile to figure it out myself.

Whatever Man.

1 Like