BitterVets apparently do not appreciate the #1 CareBear Rule in HiSec - Warpout if Someone is Already There

I have to disagree here, DED’s are a competitive race and winning the race is always nice. If you lose the race you either accept it and go for the next one, or lock target and open fire.

1 Like

Good lord man, that was posted in 2014. Also you forgot to mention the opening statement in that Falcon post:
“Okay, so what follows is entirely my personal opinion.”

2 Likes

Guess you missed my earlier post in this thread:

1 Like

What Anderson Geten said. I will reiterate though:

4/10 locations can be put in your journal by an escalation from running a Gurista Hideway or a Gurista Refuge or the equivalent faction site.

Someone else can also discover the site if they scan you (and/or your drones/MTU) down using combat probes

4/10 locations can be scanned down using core probes. Thus anyone can also scan it down while you are running the site. So do not mess around and take your time.

5/10 to the best of my knowledge are escalation only in HiSec from a Gurista Den or the equivalent faction site. I do not believe there is any such thing as a 5/10 in a cosmic signature in HiSec. I could be wrong though I doubt it.

I found this Eve University site on Combat sites to be useful. Combat sites - EVE University Wiki

Using a Tengu for both sounds good to me though and I am around 60 days away from flying one.

Luckily I currently get a kick out of standing still and shield tanking the incoming damage. You can do this using a Gila for 4/10s and a Rattlesnake for 5/10.

2 Likes

Apologies, I did miss that and I agree that it’s a good tactic

2 Likes

Did you somehow miss the word highlghts?

The whole post was linked to avoid confusion, and that post is as valid today as it was when it was made.

Apparently it failed, no surprise where you’re concerned as your idea of what Eve is has always been skewed; and that CCP Falcons post provoked tremendous butthurt because it attacked your illusions.

or most cruisers in HS with correct skills.

for matar/calda you just need to destroy everything in first room, and go for matar BC/calda tower which loots the stuff.(or none) . 10 min is max you should spend doing such a site (after learning how to do them) . being able to apply fast DPs at range is very important for first room (very long otherwise), having good dps is good for the commander.

You call me when you can enter a ded4 in tengu please.

1 Like

My dream is shattered! Curses! Foiled again.

2 Likes

As a bittervet i don’t remember this ever being a rule, unspoken or otherwise, EVE is a dog eat dog game, if you can’t compete then thats not my problem, keep training until you can :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Blockquote
Goes against the design of exploration content, and the design of eve.

That makes absolutely no sense - similar rules apply lowsec, these rules favors first person who comes. All my suggestion does is removing concord from the site contest. If you want to steal by shooting boss so you own the loot you should be prepared to get attacked. But currently concord will protect you in highsec which the only problem there. Not stealing itself, only the concord protection of the “thief”.

1 Like

That’s because you think you are entitled to get the loot if you get here first.

That is childish. Until the isk is in your wallet, you are not entitle to anything.

The only thief is the one that get a suspect timer.
If you make all the site, and someone snipes the commander, and you take the loot, then YOU are the thief.

Don’t call someone a thief because what he did displeased you. There is no “unspoken rule” in Eve. Only habits, negociations, temporary alliances, otherwise it’s cuthroat competition h24.

1 Like

You are all winners and therefore you should not risk a fight unless you are sure you can win…

/vomit

1 Like

you still don’t get it - of course that being there first doesn’t and should’t mean you are entitled to the loot

but if someone else arrives after you and it is highsec you should be able to fight him, if he is going to compete against you, the concord safety here is the only and only problem

if concord safety gets removed you will still be able to steal others site and loot, but you will actually take a risk of doing such action albeit very small risk anyway

1 Like

As they say, possession is 90% of ownership.

I too have seen people leave a site if someone’s there, but I can’t say if it’s “being polite” or just an unwillingness to contest with guns blazing. Starting a fight you don’t feel confident of winning is probably not a good idea, so maybe some people leave just because of that. As for myself I guess I’m a carebear of sorts - during the drone event I’d usually leave the drone commander alone if I wasn’t the first at a site. Seemed like the thing to do if someone else was already blowing up the stuff, I would still get credit for the site if I helped a bit. Sometimes they had more powerful ships too ofc, but mainly I did it because IMO they deserved the loot for doing most of the work. It would have been ungrateful of me to “steal” it after already getting a free ride.

Yeah. I’ll never be the CEO of a world-dominating corporation.

3 Likes

I don’t always steal a site when someone is already there, but when I do theyre flying a t3 ship.

1 Like

no. This just makes no sense.
AGAIN, you aren’t entitled to anything special because you were here first.
AGAIN, the loot and the sites are not yours untill the money is in your pocket.
AGAIN, you call someone a thief just because he does something that displeases you. Your opponent is not a thief (yet), he IS competing against you for the loot. Just like people on the jita market compete against each other, just because one came first does not mean he will get to sell his items.

You can get better and get the loot,
You can mark his name and get alts in catalyst to gank him if he is in a blingy ship,
You can simply follow him and do nothing for the next sites and just try to snipe the commander, until he logs of.
You can simply steal the loot.

All those acts will have different consequences, will make you learn the game.
Whining on the forum won’t.
HS won’t change because you don’t like how it is. Get used to it, or get wrecked. (Or both)

2 Likes

You can use a gila for both tbh.

Reading that just made me :rofl:

Also reminded me of this old Eve Meme I made:

There is no such rule.

If I do one of those event sites I do them in a PvP ship. It may not be as efficient (it often is compared to the trash fit some carebears use) as if I would use an optimized PvE fit, but not only can I try to get the last shot to “claim” the loot, I can also steal the loot if the other gets the last hit. If he steals the loot I just kill him.

Now cry all you want about “unfair”, this is a competitive game and if you are not willing to fight for your stuff you did not deserve it anyway.

6 Likes

Sometimes I wish they would take an idea like this and just implement it. This would be absolutely great.

1 Like