Bittervets vs carebears: Wardec rebalance edition

There are 2 sort of players, who wardec other players in high sec.

1. Those, who just try to fix their badly hurt selfesteem by destroying ships, that are not able to defend itself. Like P.I.R.A.T. folks. You clearely distinguish them by kill board and their childish reaction in chat in case someone managed to fight them back and succeed. Evergreen teenagers … Those will suffer.
  2. Those, who fight for a reason, like clean up their beloved home system, revenge for arogant chat / trade scam / ‘dirty’ (from their point of view) tricks / loot stealing etc… Those will still be able to clean up space from structures, but need some way to get to the revenge part. Here CCP should give them tool how to log and use the offending actions, IMHO.

I still see tons of low power structures in high sec. So I do not think there will be much change after patch will be applied.

True, but the hauling corps have this double char setup, where one needs to have an alt within Red Frog only to accept contracts and then pass on the cargo to an alt in an NPC corp. This then creates problems with containers in contracts.

Gankers scan the freighters for their cargo, and since RedFrog only hauls up to 1.5b ISKs at a time (if the pilot doesn’t screw it up), then it might also work the other way and make gankers look away more often. But this is just speculation.

Not needing two characters would be an advantage though.

i still dont get what’s the complain in some regards. yeah you wont be able to wardec a hobo corp that can barely keep running. but that doesnt mean you cannot Gank them (suicidal and a waste of resources i guess but its not tied to the Wardec system).

and in most cases that will probably make certain corps more complacent. they will think “hey we cannot get wars, perhaps we could move to low sec for more profit” then BAM!, turned to shreds. or at least the incautious member.

3 Likes

This will change nothing positive, the bears will be attacked in other ways and keep weeping.

All this change does is screw up EVE for no good result.

2 Likes

One of the biggest issues I see is, once you give high sec players the “no war dec” option, it will never be taken back. How can CCP say when they come out with their new war dec system, “Forget the last 3 months, everyone can be war dec’d again structure or not”.

CCP will open a can of worms for carebears that will only expand and never be closed again.

1 Like

The lamentation will probably continue until Eve is Hello Kitty with spaceships.

4 Likes

Will hi sec ores, ice and mission rewards be nerfed in compensation?

1 Like

Yup, welcome to NEW New Eden :blush:

Nope, ccp will no longer be obedient to null sec commands.

Less competition is always bad

Competition, but where, in low and null sector, bye bye easy billions ISKs from AFK ratting and mining… :blush:

More competition means fights, that means more stuff destroyed, Wich is good to me xD

There is time and place for everything, place for PVP is at low and null sec. :blush:

Even being a highsec industrialist I think PVP can take in any place. I don’t mind about Hanks, etc, just think wardec did needed some changes.

1 Like

You think wrong :blush:

No.

As long as we have free routes and free markets does it make no sense to divide a game into PvP and non-PvP areas. All such a division will cause is that players dig themselves into the safe zones and from there try to dominate the rest of the universe.

When players cannot get hit at home then there is a much greater risk that one group will eventually just try to drive everyone else out, because they have nothing and nobody to fear for being the ultimate tyrant.

Being able to crush a group including all their bases is what has so far managed to keep a balance in EVE. Everyone knows to keep it moderate, because when they don’t will many team up and fight the tyrant regardless of old grudges.

3 Likes

In your opinion

2 Likes

There is something as economy. It will adapt. Prices of ore will most probably go down a little.

1 Like

Do not BS me plz, there is no free routes and markets … Eve is full of big monopolies supported by pure military force … free competition in Perimeter

HAHAHA !!!

I’m not. You’re the one who doesn’t play but keeps posting anyway. Nobody expects you to make sense at this point.

Your problem is then that you’re not a member of a group, but that’s really a “loner” problem. A loner always has problems with others.

2 Likes