Black out in HS

Yeah, we need actually to delete all chats in eve, even Rookie Help. Yes, that’s definitely a good idea!

It would frighten every miner who is watching local for incoming ganker fleets.

CODE did it even with Local. Step up that game son.

Who the ■■■■ pays any attention to local in high sec?

3 Likes

:point_up_2:

This.

:rofl:

1 Like

Any smart industrialist who flys a freighter or mining barge.

1 Like

This is a bit silly, though I would resub to participate in the slaughter if it happened.

See, in null or in a wh, every ship for which you cannot account is a threat… which makes d-scan an effective tool for assessing your risk.

If you see a hunting boat on dscan, you can finish stuffing your maw with isks and ores and shuffle your way back to safety of your station .

The interesting thing about a highsec blackout is that you would presumably have so many ships remaining on d-scan that it would be nearly impossible to use d-scan to assess your risk. (Under war dec, you could try to find a deserted system, I guess… but I think the effort outweighs the reward for that to be the only feasible highsec option.)

The result would be that anyone doing pve under a wardec would have literally no way of detecting an impending attack until I was rubbing my hunting boat on his/her canopy.

I think it sounds like a great hunting dynamic… for me. But I think it is in no way comparable to null blackouts and would be negative for highsec overall.

But fun while it lasted…

1 Like

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting