Black screen after select character

Working. It would be nice to know what happened.

The secret love that CCP holds for Linux that shall never be named!

Same issue is occurring once again after DT this evening, was fine beforehand.

1 Like

Confirmed, itā€™s back.

But it seems not a Linux issue.

Monday downtime, may resolve it.

Yes, that is the expectation.

I can confirm mine is down again logged back into my windows machineā€¦ which works without a problemā€¦ Its falling over same place as earlier this weekā€¦ i think it may have soemthing to do with when they have removed the event stuffā€¦ works fine on sisā€¦

Cheers
Dave

It may be related to routing issues, Iā€™ve had these problems on and off for the last few weeks, just updated wine recently.

Running traceroute to launcher.eveonline.com shows a problem after
176.32.124.6 address. Might be a non-issue, but packets seem to go into nowhere land after that host when iā€™m experiencing this problem.

Trying again later tonight.

I just got the black screen too after character select. Linux Mint 17. Updated everything for OS, restart. No go.

After using loglite I also found the error "ā€œFailed to get a valid ballpark in time after trying 30 timesā€ with something cited about michelle.

I can confirm that problem as well on Slackware current with wine 2.8. Black screen after character selection.

Simple solution (working for me;)

Linux launcher - go to Settings - wine options - check Use dev versions, Dev branch - winehq-stable, Wine version - latest

o7

I must have a different launcher. I do not have a wine options section under settings on the launcher. I get ā€œGeneralā€ ā€œTest Serversā€ ā€œLaunch Optionsā€ and ā€œLanguageā€

and now I canā€™t log in to the main eveonline.com web page. It just clocks without error. The site is up, I can find it in nmap, just clocks. I clearly have some networking issue that eludes me, but what it is I do not know.

Those extra Wine options are available only if you use the linux launcher.

I bit the bullet and installed the linux launcher with the dev/ winehq-stable/latest wine version and the black screen problem went away. Before I was using windows launcher with wine 2.13

well my problems magically went away this morning. so thats good

Yup, magically working once again.

CCPā€™s secret love for Linux strikes again!

Trying something different I installed the linux launcher, copied across the cache files, fired it up and it worked!

Then I saw the above message that it had started working again, fired it up using the non linux launcher and that works also!

Strangeā€¦

Weekend ban for Linux users

Logins to game after character select have been spotty at best for me at best since the last big update. Itā€™ll work one day and not the next, and always has the same error I seem to hangup on according to my EveLog:

ā€œFailed to get a valid ballpark in time after trying 30 timesā€

I was able to log on the first time flawlessly last night and played for hours for the first time in weeks, but now again this morning, nothing.

Iā€™m feeling a bit discouraged at this point. My monthly resub is coming up soon and Iā€™m debating passing on it. No sense paying for a game I canā€™t log into 50% of the time.

1 Like

Itā€™s not just LINUX, Iā€™m on Windows and have the same problem again