Black screen on Undock

Lately every time I undock I’m left looking at a black screen for anything up to 5 seconds. It can be a bit nerve wracking when you have a hold full of goodies. Is this a server side issue or pc issue that I could resolve.

You could try and clear your game cache; while I can’t give any guaranties that it will work but it may just be what you need.

I get it almost everytime I undock from an NPC station the first time. But usually the timer starts ticking only after the grid loaded. Nevertheless I’m living out of citadels as much as possible for that reason.

That is normal after the first log in. Undock with something slow, worthless so that you don’t drift out of docking range, re-dock and then undock your actual ship. I have this on every kind of station or structure when I undock the first time after a log in.

Clearing the cache is a useless suggestion and does not solve a thing.

#CCPQualityCoding

1 Like

I have it on every undock., my first or last. I even lost a ship with 6 navy vexor bpc. Hit undock… Blackness… Then floating in my pod. The loss didn’t bother me just the fact I didn’t even have a chance to get safe.

Maybe stop playing Eve on a potato? =)

Seriously though, I’d double check your video drivers? Maybe they recently updated sideways or something. And while some say clearing the cache doesn’t help, maybe clearing the base settings might… If it’s got a wonky video setting stored.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.