Blazing Phoenix Pack Questions

New packs are for sale in the Eve Online store and one of them has me scratching my head a little bit.
For $49.99 you can get the Blazing Phoenix Pack.

The bit I’m confused about is the first part where it says “CAPITAL SHIPS SKILL BOOK-
Take the first step on your path to flying EVE’s largest and most breathtaking ships with the Capital Ships Skill Book, worth hundreds of millions of ISK in-game.”

Ok, so which skill books? Just your faction? All Factions? Carrier? Dread? Both? Does this include the skill book for the Precursor dreadnought?

Depending on the answer it wildly changes whether it’s worth it or not.

Unless you are JUST talking about the skill book “Capital Ships” (450m isk)

1 Like

I was scratching my head over this one as well. Unless I’m missing a bunch of other skillbooks from the pack, the math simply doesn’t make any sense.

Perhaps it’s thematic that the devs at CCP are ‘spaced-out’ and unable to do the math for their own game, but I don’t imagine it’s helping their sales any.

1 Like

It’s this.

Only a matter of time before you can purchase the hull and golden ammo. Ahhh the age of microtransactions… Can’t wait until we get;

LIMITED TIME 80% OFF
3X EXOTIC LEVEL 3 FILAMENTS FOR 29.99 BUY NOW AND GET A FREE ELETRIC LEVEL 1 FILAMENT ™ LIMITED TIME

AMAZING GILA PACK!!! LIMITED TIME 50% SAVINGS
89.99 BUY NOW
includes 1x Gila Hull, 1x High Grade Crystal set, 2x Sentient Drone Damage Amplifier LIMITED TIME ™

I know you’re joking, but this would actually help CCP fight against RMTers since players would be more likely to purchase directly from CCP for these instead of giving money to RMTers (and thus supporting botters).

I mean, that’s basically what PLEX is for. You’re buying it from CCP and likely selling it for ISK.
Packs too are a way to directly purchase things in game with real world $$$. I’m not totally against this, I just question the value of some of their offers.
As a for instance $50.00 for every capital ship skill book (Dread, carrier) in the game (perhaps minus precurser dread) does actually math out (when purchasing with PLEX instead).
And the way it is phrased in the deal “Skill Books (Plural) for EVE’s biggest ships (Plural)” makes it sound like it could be for more than one ship Skill Book.

This is just failing at reading comprehension.

Skill books plural refers to the Capital Ships skill book and the Fighter skill books,

CCP showed they were competent enough to explicitly list out Fighters, Light Fighters, and Heavy Fighters. But they did not list out Carriers, Dreads, or FAXes.

Not really, RMTers would just lower their price and bot even more heavily to even out the difference.

Although I’m joking theyre clearly conditioning us for this to be an eventuality.

Buying PLEX is buying ISK earned in game by a player.

Buying extractors is selling skill points earned in game.

Selling skill points, skill books, and in game items completely avoids the player driven economy. It’s just straight up pay 2 win, and once this pack is successful it’ll get worse… And worse.

2 Likes

This is literally how you fight them. You force them to lower their prices to a point where it’s no longer profitable for them to continue.

1 Like

PLEX you buy with $$$$

You’re not buying isk with $$$$

You’re selling your plex for ISK earned in game by a player.

Very different than if they sold isk, or items.

That could be the case.

My biggest complaint really is that it’s not very specifically spelled out what exactly you get.
It would be nice to have an item break down outside of just a description that could be taken a number of different ways. depending on how you interpret it.

Then you’d have no game.

Lowering the price means they will bot even more heavily to make up for the price difference. That is not how you solve this issue. Not at all.

THE CAPITAL SHIPS SKILL BOOK.
THE FIGHTERS SKILL BOOK.
THE LIGHT FIGHTERS SKILL BOOK.
THE HEAVY FIGHTERS SKILL BOOK.

How can they make it any more clearer than literally writing out what you will get?

1 Like

What are you even talking about at this point?

That’s not how botting works friend.

What are you even talking about.

If I run 1 bot a day to make 100 items to sell for 10 dollars

And you make those 100 items only worth 5 dollars.

Then I’ll just run 2 bots a day.

So now you make it worth 1 dollar. Ok I’ll run 10 bots
(And with the new UI update running tons of bots is even easier since the client uses fewer resources)

And so on and so on.

How is this not glaringly obvious.

First off, lmao, those numbers.

Second, (in your example) you’re conveniently ignoring the cost of running 2 bots a day.

(And now you’re gonna make a comment about how easy it is to run multiple accounts in EVE Online)

Ok you’re braindead. You’re right selling items, ships, and whatever is the way to stop RMT and botting you win.

Bye

I’m glad you’re finally starting to understand.

:white_check_mark:Selling SP
:white_check_mark:Selling skillbooks
:x:Selling ships (to do)

4 Likes

just don’t buy it
its bad