Booster Consumers

A question for those that take boosters, especially solo people. If you take a booster and you get penalties what do you do? ie do you not go out and roam, or do you choose another ship where by the penalty doesnt matter etc?

You can jump clone or get yourself podded and then
In most cases though, people will save the booster to the beginning of the fight and make sure they can afford the penalties beforehand. There are skills to reduce the chance and severity of side effects as well.

4 Likes

Take that boosters like gummi bears before fights and pray to bob

Often times it’s a matter of balancing the potential side effects against the benefits. Some fits will ignore all the drawbacks, so there’s no reason to not use them.

If you do have some that could be harsh on you, consider the two Neurotoxin skills: Neurotoxin Control and Neurotoxin Recovery. 5% per level to either booster side effect chance of occurrence or severity. Both books will run you about 175 million, but it’s worth it. There are also accompanying implants which do the same thing, and the 3% implants are cheap, under a million isk each.

Remember, each of the 4 side effects has a chance to roll individually. So for standard, I have a 16% chance for EACH side effect, and 16% severity with control and recovery at IV. Short version: i rarely see more than one.

And if you get a bunch with an empty clone, just self destruct and try again. It’s easy enough, rather than waiting it out.

1 Like

That makes sense, thanks Verdis… I think I have the Neurotoxin Control and Neurotoxin Recovery skills already but if not ill get them.

I guess it is a matter really of finding fits to match the booster to eliminate bad effects should there be any.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.