Implants Risk vs Reward overlooked

When it comes to Implants the risk in using them in LS and even HS is slim to none.
Smartbombers at gates can be dodged and it is not balanced to have to bring a dedicated smartbomber in order to potentially get an expensive pod.

So we already clearified that that implanted pods offer immense bonuses while having very little risk attached to them.

I thus propose the random destruction of any implant upon loosing a ship. Similar to the T3C SP Loss mechanic just that instead of SP you loose a potential implant.

It is time to address the issue of largely unchecked expensive pods offering immense bonuses with little to no risk.

1 Like

fish smelling juicy worm
fish nibbling at worm
fish spots the strangely curbed and pointy metal thing in the worm
fish moves on
with regrets

5 Likes

To lazy to use smartbombs or proper tackle?

But hey, CCP ruined ECM and WCS already. So I won’t be surprised…

I agree pods are pretty safe in low and high. But disagree to RNG pod loss.

2 Likes

did we?

why do you whine about people having immense bonuses when you could just buy the same implants yourself?

Oh, maybe, you do assess the risk having them as ‘not very little’

2 Likes

I’m not sure the game would really benefit from such a punitive measure. What’s the counter to RNG implant loss? Insurance?

Plenty of capsules are killed in highsec that are fit with implants:

Plenty are also killed in lowsec that are fit with implants:

1 Like

It’s not overlooked, the risk vs reward means it’s more worth it to use implants in areas without bubbles.

Good observation! Now go make use of it and put some expensive implants in your head.

5 Likes

CCP are already squeezing the crap out of Eve, and you want them to target pods next. That’s next-level batshit crazy.

4 Likes

Blingy implants are required for some expensive T3C and battleship doctrines to function. This has the effect of letting a smaller group of skilled players in expensive ships fight outnumbered against larger groups of cheaper ship doctrines.

Naturally, pods in lowsec and highsec are safer due to lack of bubbles, so it means that it’s easier for small elite groups to hold their own against being blobbed in lowsec and highsec and prevent n+1 advantage gameplay crippling every single part of the game.

It’s worth noting that pods aren’t invulnerable, and that you have to be very quick in getting them out of a fight to avoid some sensor-boosted opportunist from tackling you.

2 Likes

This is some low quality bait.

5 Likes

Id rather see the SP loss on T3C’s go away than this… Gankers in Hi/Lo don’t just go for ship, they go for pod too

1 Like

Sorry but that’s a very big no. No reason to lose an implant just because the ship get’s destroyed, especially since the pod is still intact and hopefully can quickly reship to get back into the fight.

Also you forgot about the Frigates in Battleship escape bays, those are also affected by the pod implant bonus. I’m actually surprised nobody has asked for Armor and Structural damage to be applied to escape Frigates since they’re being ejected from exploding Battleships.

Anyway, all proposals for game changes should be posted in this sub-forum:

1 Like

I don’t get why this change is needed. The implants are connected to the capsule you’re in, not the ships. You can even leave ships and jump into new ones. Why would the destruction of a ship result in implant loss?

2 Likes

This is a good point in favor of OP.

I agree. Implants need nerfing

How so?

If CCP mess with implants and F up my training queue, then I won’t be rage quitting I’ll be deleting, it’s all I have left that CCP has not messed with.

1 Like

Shouldn’t have said that. Now it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy, LOL
( No, I really hope they don’t )

1 Like

i quite like expensive pods thinking they are invincible in highsec …for reasons :slight_smile: but in your proposal would the implant loss appear on the ship kill ? or would no one but the victim know. for example if i kill a 1 mill ship but that causes a 1 bill implant loss i would like to know lol.

5 Likes

Let me guess, this is a whine post from a gate camper that is too lazy or dense to catch pods and just looks for an easy way to get some more stuff on the killboard.

1 Like

This thread delivers.
I’m not sure what, but it’s got it by the truckload.

1 Like