[BosAc] Proclamation of Avalon

Now, I’m not the most learned person by far, but I keep my eyes and ears open. Coming at this with an open mind, this is an extension of their ongoing fight with the Triglavians, a deeper foothold. The Collective is gonna have to put even more effort into stalemating the Avalon contingent, effort that would have gone to solidifying their hold elsewhere, likely by searching out what civilians remain. And if the Trig decide to get complacent there, either they’ll change their minds quickly or Avalon will be gaining more ground, figuratively if not literally speaking.

At least, that’s how I see it. And speaking from some experience in rearguard action, I’d say it’s worth giving them some benefit of the doubt and work with them.

I also had some thoughts on all this talk of legitimacy but I feel that issue is largely irrelevant in the face of the circumstances.

2 Likes

If that were the case, then maybe their press release should include something about no longer making nice-nice with the Kybers. Without that, they’re just another bunch of trigophants.

3 Likes

I’m sure Quafe will be happy to know that since they own property on my clan’s land they don’t have to follow my clan’s laws…

2 Likes

Our decision to normalize diplomatic ties with the Kybernauts was, as has been pointed out multiple times now, in the interest of preserving mortal lives and taking steps towards some sort of deesclatation of the Skarkon conflict given that Kril Efrit, once again, had no interest in doing so. Which is a damn sight more than I can say for certain capsuleer factions you are very well familiar with that did so to what… Stop EDENCOM cynojammers from ruining your supply lines?

How did that work out for you? Seems that your projecting a lot onto us here. Cope more.

Ok. I’m gonna quote this whole thing here, because I want to make sure your stupidity is preserved in a way you can’t go back and edit. See, there’s basically 2 systems you could be referring to in this: Skarkon, and Niarja. I’d imagine you’re talking about Skarkon since, you know, we’re talking about Skarkon, so let me address that first:

So… take a moment, and study this map. Look at it carefully. I’m making it nice and big for you.

Ok, so, you see how I’ve indicated the position of the major highsec trade hubs in blue? And Molden Heath, where Skarkon was, in red? You see that green circle on the other side of the map? Our supply lines connect the green with the blue.

Now. I want you to take a few minutes here. Draw little lines on the map if you need to. Then tell me why we’d give a fetid fedo fart about the possibility of cyno jammers in Skarkon, and how that could ever ‘ruin our supply lines’. That could only ever make sense if our routes look like this:

I’d say I’ll wait, but I’m not gonna, cuz there’s more to point out here.

Like, for example, how the Kybers asked us for assistance and we said no, because we had no strategic interest in Skarkon. Or how the Kybers asked Lady Scarlet, of NCdot, first, and she said no, too, because they don’t care. Not even TEST uses Molden Heath for supply lines. Brave might, for things going to Scalding Pass, but it’s probably cheaper and easier for them to use TEST’s jump freighter routes that ran down to Catch and Immensea via Domain/Devoid/Derelik, and then move things via a standing cyno highway through friendly space.

So trying to put anything in Skarkon on us… even on our enemies… kinda ridiculous. I mean, it’s you, so we can’t rule that out, but… no, nobody gave a crap about cynojammers in Skarkon except maybe, y’know… you, and the Kybers.

So let’s look at the other option: Niarja. Niarja’s a potential option for your nonsense, of course, only because it’s the one system where GSF made any kind of concerted effort. So let me just say right now that I really hope you were just being dumb about Skarkon, because you’d have to be even dumber to try that line of reasoning about Niarja.

I promise, nobody cared about cynojammers in Niarja. Not one single person was worried about cynojammers interfering with a high-sec trade route.

But let’s be charitable, and set the jammer issue aside, and take it like you’re saying we hit Niarja to keep our supply lines intact, thus the ‘how did that work out for you?’ zinger there.

The folks who got all concerned about Niarja because of their supply lines were Legacy. First Nour Samy got worked up and fired off a ‘OMG WE CAN’T LET IT FALL BECAUSE SUPPLY LINES!!!’ to basically the entire coalition, then Vily went around proclaiming herself the Protector of Highsec and swearing that TEST would defend Niarja. In response to this, Mittens sent some junior-level skirmish commanders up with a few jackdaws. I think it was like 80-150 of them, I dunno. Nothing significant. TEST, of course, never bothered to show up and defend the system.

Let’s just make that clear: Mittens sent a group up to make sure Niarja fell in order to screw with our enemies’ supply lines. Nothing about preventing anything from ruining ours—our supply lines were never in any danger, as we basically jump out of Jita and straight into lowsec, because we’re headed to Khanid and Aridia on those routes.

Soooo… how’d that work out for us? Pretty well, actually.

As for ‘projecting’… the only thing that stopped me from flying with EDENCOM was Vily starting that same war that prompted Mittens to send jackdaws to Niarja. So I don’t know what I’m supposed to be ‘projecting’, or having to ‘cope’ with. When this war’s over, I’m headed home to the Republic. But not before, because unlike some Galms I could mention, I don’t turn traitor and start working with the enemy in the middle of a fight.

1 Like

I’m not referring to Skarkon and you very well know that so spare me your condescension.

Some of you, no doubt, have heard that the Imperium has thrown in with the Trigs. Strictly speaking, this is not accurate. Some of our detached forces with the Ministry of Love have intervened in Niarja, effectively supporting Triglavian efforts. This is a result of the current war in nullsec.

As our enemies in Legacy Coalition have publicly stated (thank you, Dunk Dinkle), their purpose in Niarja is to protect their logistics supply chain. As Legacy is currently in the process of attempting to invade our space, we have made it our purpose in Niarja to disrupt those supply chains, and degrade their ability to invade.

Moreso, even, than most Goons. I’ve been in leadership. I’ve helped shape campaigns. I’ve designed the very tools our line members use to kill people. I’ve lit the cynos so our fleets could jump or bridge in and kill people. I’ve kept our line members alive while they kill people. And I’ve given orders for others to do every one of those things and more. Am I responsible for the lives they took while I kept them alive? Am I responsible for the lives they took using the tools I designed?
Absolutely.

These are just some of the statements you’ve made supporting your coalition involvement with the Triglavian Collective during their invasion efforts of EDENCOM systems. I mean ■■■■, at least we waited for the system to fall before we started seeking out diplomatic efforts to aid in evacuations. Whats your excuse?

You’re a pathetic hypocrite, and I won’t be lectured by you on how we should prostrate ourselves to prove our own innocence while you yourself take great offense in being held accountable for the same and are utterly incapable of providing the same type of evidence and proof necessary to support your claims that we have.

Again, cope more.

Support? Really?

Now, let’s take another look at the quotes you’ve got there. You see any of them saying ‘I think this was the right move’? Hmm? Apparently, you’re incapable of differentiating between someone explaining a decision made by someone else, and the speaker approving of that decision.

I take no offense whatsoever at being held accountable for my decisions. My decision was to tender my resignation over the affair and pass my duties to my adjunct. Yours has been to suck up to the Kybers as best you can.

Am I responsible for the lives they took using the tools I designed?
Absolutely.

1 Like

And? Have I in any way attempted to deny that responsibility?

Excuse me, what the ■■■■?

Nonono, that is not the situation at all. Do everyone a favor and quit while you’re behind because you’re starting to sound like you’re doing psyops bull-■■■■ for the Collective. I am paranoid enough already, thank you very much.

I forget who it was who said that being an idealist must be constantly disappointing, but they were indeed right and this is turning into one of those. If I didn’t already expect disappointment in general I’d be more depressed right now.

3 Likes

While I appreciate the co-operation of BosAc in keeping Skarkon space somewhat calm and I understand the tenuous position they hold, between the invaders and the tribal forces, I still suggest over-extending the claim to always purely working from evacuation aid in mind might work against you.

In one hand, admitting that the diplomatic efforts are simply a ruse to accomplish something Svarog is less than enthusiastic about might be counterproductive for the evacuation aid continuing.

On the other hand, for people like certain specimens of the Sebiestor Tribe in this thread, who fully understand (and don’t even necessarily object to) the fact that self-preservation matters to BosAc here at least as much as utilitarian efforts to help civilians, trying to hide that fact will not serve to encourage confidence. Trust me, we all understand realpolitik. What has the Minmatar Republic ever been, if not one century-long exercise in it?

In any case, I have removed certain comments of mine from this thread that would work against the aforementioned diplomatic efforts.

PS. Goons were in Skarkon briefly during its fall. They came in without an FC who understood how invasions worked, died hilariously to the entities they tried to help, and left. They were inconsequential in accomplishing anything, but it is not strictly speaking true to claim they were not involved.

1 Like

Then it was the actions of individuals, and not of the alliance in any capacity. I still have all my former contacts and relationships, and can unequivocally say that we refused the Kybers’ request for aid. It’s as accurate to say ‘the Caldari aided the Trigs in Skarkon’ just because a few Deteis and Civire number among the Kybers. Or to say that ‘Goons supported EDENCOM prior to Niarja’ just because I showed up to help whenever I could. Trust me, I wish that last one was valid… but it was still just me.

This was a Goon group that showed up to die, not Goon members among the other forces, so a little bit different. But inconsequential, as they made no difference, I guess.

To quote a certain FC, “yeet.”

Following a meeting of the Tribal Council, Sanmatar Maleatu Shakor said, “It is plain enough to anyone who is actually loyal to the Matari people that the lands of Skarkon II are tribal lands in perpetuity. No claims based on spurious Amarr-style arguments merit a moment’s consideration. Outsiders and fallen kin may try to cook up a pretty meal of persuasion, by finely chopping words and logic, but all Matari know that there is no true moot feast for any tribe and clan to be found in such dressed up pap.”

The Minmatar Republic considers all territories of Skarkon system to now fall under the direct jurisdiction of the Skarkon Tribal Resistance Army, commanded by Valklear General Kril Efrit, as “the sole lawful authority representing the Council of the Seven Tribes of Matar.” The Thukker Tribe has also confirmed that various territorial leases of its tribal lands on Skarkon II were “automatically terminated when acts of terror and war were made against the lawful government of Skarkon II.”

Honestly? I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t partially expecting the gives-backsies. Thankfully as previously mentioned even should the Right of Gift be taken from us we still maintain justification for our presence under the Conquest, Abandoned Property, Adverse Possession, and Accession. Now will any CONCORD administration recognize the claims of a “pro-triglavian” warclone faction? Of course not, you’d be a fool to think otherwise and not expect clear bias. But the reality of the situation is that we currently retain control of those districts and that we have clearly defined justification for our being there on principle.

Members of our administration and very high profile members of the Round Table have approached me with the possibility of perhaps ceding these districts to reputed third parties as a symbol of “good will” but I have zero reason to expect said good will would be met in kind unless presented otherwise in clear terms. Certainly, there is absolutely no way we are willing to ceade the territory back to the UTSF unless given nothing short of complete amnesty for ourselves and those that fought for liberation against the Efrit regime prior to the invasion.

Frankly I’m just thankful that after years of being conveniently forgotten within the Heath Maleatu Shakor himself has taken notice of us. Perhaps we’re only in third for legitimate claims to regions of Skarkon behind the Minmatar Republic and the Svarog Clade. But if the Tribal Council’s recent statements have proven anything to me it’s this… We are on the podium.

P.S.

If you are truly concerned about us maintaining a presence in population centers for humanitarian purposes, stop lobbing cruise missiles at us.

God-■■■■■■■-damnit now you sound like you’re using human shields. You aren’t very good at this whole thing. C’mon, I started out sympathizing with you here. Me, the cynical idealist in EDI.

2 Likes

I mean, where else would we establish hospitals for the aid for civilians, housing centers for the same, or food and relief centers.

As I’ve pointed out previously, they’ve attacked non-military targets before including civilian infrastructure because we happened to be close by.

I’m a doctor by training and role, and didn’t pick up a weapon beyond a sidearm until the Svarog invasion, and required Elysian Steward facilities clear of all light weaponry to specifically ensure they were non military targets.

The fact is there aren’t enough trained personnel to deal with the influx of injuries from the previous conflicts alone, let alone the current invasion

There were already too many displaced from their homes by the actions of Krullefor and Seykal forces before Efrit was established as Khumatar, the influx into refugee camps only continued as the invasion began.

That said, I can understand the confusion and where one might come from when unfamiliar with the specifics involved, and I thank you for your relatively level headed approach to evaluating issues as they have come up. I would be more than happy to provide any additional information you may need on our relief efforts on Skarkon II.

1 Like

I would seriously advise against characterizing well known collateral damage causers like the Seykal Clan waxing civilians in by using cruise missiles on dense population centers that we have under our watch to protect them from Triglavian influence as we continue to aid in evacuation efforts as us using “human shields.”

Not a good look, or at the very least severely ill-informed. Especially when you’re the one accusing us of conducting PSYOPS despite remaining forthright throughout this whole affair.

If I could interject, with an Amarr-style argument; for as long as it has had a public profile, Bosena Accords has presented as an entity which cannot be considered treaty-capable.

Treaties are reciprocal, with entitlement comes obligation– and I have only ever known your diatribes to speak of the former, this apparent failure to understand the rudiments of not only the treaty you were invoking, but treaties in general became something else when you so swiftly repudiated it.

The dissolution of the agreement which has so long been the basis of your organisation’s fraudulent virtue, has laid its absence bare; it was never about right, only that you knew you deserved Skarkon II.

After today, for anyone with eyes to see, or ears to hear; Bosena Accords are just another Skarkon gang, exceptional only in the depth of their debasement.

I’d say less so on their debasement, since they’ve actively been avoiding causing civilian casualties from the start, if you really want to push that line.