Botting Ban and PLEX

Since I haven’t seen a certain Russian bot miner with 16 accounts in my local ice system for a few weeks now, I’m going to go ahead and assume he was one of them that finally got banned. Pity, I miss punting his Orca and freighter into the next dimension with my Machariel…

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, it is unlikely. CCP could make afk-able tasks less valueable though and rebalance for higher risk and higher need for brains = higher reward. We will see. If not, botting will continue to be an issue and CCP will continue to fight the symptoms.

I would really look for some advice about botting and new PLEX system, since CCP might not consider some situation, due to limited resource.

But it seems the best way is to build a wall and make both CCP to pay.:rofl:

It is been a long time until CCP bans the skill extractor on first offence. I think that confiscating PLEX will be the next step.

2 Likes

The topic of botting and laundering had been discussed for many years. I remembered posts from the times when ECF was still alive, see https://tieba.baidu.com/p/2703607956. Looks like they are making a bit of progress but at limited speed.

1 Like

My, this has gotten ugly and off topic. If you believe that history you were taught, you owe yourself a look into a less American-centric point of view. Start with Tony Judt for modern history. Just a suggestion. Read some Russian history, you will soon realize that the west was saved by Stalin

1 Like

This is general chat on a weekend. Ugly and off topic is par for the course…

2 Likes

"STOP EATING FOOD!" -Stalin

It’s uglier than usual. Even C.A.M. (or alts) wasn’t this bad.

I like how we can’t discuss which playerbase segment is culpable for the majority of RMT/hacking/botting because it’s a “racial” issue. Everyone knows it, everyone mentions it privately - but comment on it publicly and it gets shut right down. I also like how running a VPN is bannable offense except if you reside in a specific country.

You could even give those groups their own server and see how well it fares. Oh, wait…

2 Likes

For leftists it is easier to censor, shutdown, block, ban, and ignore facts, evidence and statistics instead of actual admitting them and attempting to fix them.

For them, feelings and emotions and held to a higher standard than rational discourse and logic.
And you cannot fix something if you are prevented from admitting it is a problem.

2 Likes

All I see is angry, racist rants. So since you are not whatever it is that you are pretending to be, how exactly should we label you?

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Everything you disagree with, or that offends you does not = racism, irregardless of what your alt left Bolshevik Eurobong royal bloodline monarchy leaders order you to think.

Agreed.

But that changes nothing I wrote in what you quoted.

2 Likes

And nothing I have written is angry, a rant, nor is it racist.

Chinese isn’t a race. You lose.

The only way you could have come up with that moronic statement was by reading the first few posts and then skipping the entire thread up to what you just quoted.

A quick PS just to reply to your blurb. Of course Chinese is not a race. Any educated person knows that. Thing is, I’m not seeing much indication that many of the people posting here have any formal education.

In their eyes, Mexican is a race, Chinese is a race, Nigerian is a race, etc.

2 Likes

Including an ISD, which is sad.

I find it hilarious how pointing out that those scumbags from Serenity bringing their boting habits to Tq is offending.

Yes it was the Chinese server and yes they botted and ■■■■ up their own game.
Look at the recent boting wave and which part of the community is complaining.

In the end no matter how dumb and apologetic some people are for these types of players fact is we got alot of inflation in EVE,CCP keeps removing true isk sinks and actually destroying isk itself is getting more difficult each year.

Bots produce alot of raw isk through ratting and even tho when bans come their wallets are removed/negative once that isk is in circulation CCP doesn’t track it down anymore which hurts us all.

Yes other very lucrative legit ways of play bring plenty of fresh isk in such as super ratting but fatigue kicks in for players you can’t super rat constantly for 20 hours.Well a bot farm can and it can be made up of dozens of characters.

1 Like

What isk sinks have been destroyed? And I think you are overlooking several new or massively increased sinks as well.
May I suggest a return to reality.

The need for updating clones and a shift away from npc station trading to citadel are 2 big ones that I recall now on short notice

1 Like