Bounty System

Then post on topic rather than troll it…

1 Like

I did. your idea is dead

You tried and failed…try harder…

1 Like

Many people seem to support their ideas; just because you disagree with them, doesn’t mean the idea is dead.

1 Like

With many you mean obviously just you right?

Full suggestion posted here: https://forums.eveonline.com/t/realistic-bounty-system/76885

1 Like

You know the current bounty system isn’t completely useless either.

Long, long time ago, I was in a corp during a war. Someone applied to join during that war. CEO interviewed them, checked API’s, etc. Was eventually approved. The next morning, I log in to find our enemies had over a billion ISK killed on us. And before you jump in to say “haha, spy infiltrated!”…it was actually not that interesting. The new recruit got themselves killed in a jump freighter.

Apparently one of those sorts of people who says to themselves “this game lets me train one person to do anything, so I’ll do precisely that”, this new recruit had no secondary character for hauling and stuff. So he decided to take his jump freighter and ferry all of his warships down to our staging area. He was intercepted and popped.

His loss, but it made us look really bad, so the CEO booted him. After that, we all chipped in to up his bounty. The guy stayed in an NPC corp for a long time after that, but couldn’t haul anything in a freighter because his bounty was so high it might actually by itself pay for all the ships needed to suicide gank him, even before cargo drops were considered.

Sure, niche scenario, but it’s a story I like telling and this was as good an excuse as any.

While that does work, as you pointed out, it is the exception. Some random space-billionaire could do that to you now just because he didn’t like the skin you were using…also, to make that kill, you still need to commit a crime in the eyes of Concord so…

1 Like

Yeah I just did that.

If i have to explain it, you don’t understand how the mechanics will actually work :stuck_out_tongue:

You got nothing except that?..:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would hate to have a bounty. It would be like I could not undock or do anything in game. It is tough enough for a peaceful industrialist as is…

A peaceful indy who never committed a crime could not have a bounty on themselves in the first place so…you could only get a bounty if you committed a crime which resulted in destruction of property.

1 Like

Your 2012 understanding of how bounties work is second to none.

I’m not talking of the past system…try harder…

sure sounds like it.

“never committed a crime could not have a bounty”

old system required neg sec status before bounties could be placed.
new system is wide open which usually results in funny tears over worthless bounties being placed.

read your proposal too. facepalm

Well there is a badge of honor about it too. I suicide ganked someone once and got a quick 100,000 isk bounty. It’s not much or anything, but I was kinda proud of it.

It’d be overly hilarious if CCP updated bounties so Concord could claim them every time they blew up your ship. New isk sink everybody!

Well you weren’t taking in the the past tense so I wasn’t either…

You can face-palm all you want…bet you can’t actually give a valid reason why though…

That’s racist!

: - )

I’ve been reading through this thread, partly at least.

You should make your own thread in Player Features etcetc if you have an actual proposal to make. I actually like the idea of people getting missions to hunt people with negative security status and bounty, despite them already being huntable anyway when they are -5 (or lower) and yet no one really actually does that anyway.

Could be an incentive, of course. Also could be a white knight’s worst nightmare, because people will be prepared to suicide gank the bounty hunters back to the clone vat, which means it would backfire considerably.

Sorry if I missed anything. I am not quite sure your idea is actually thought through. Maybe condense everything into one post, in a new thread?