Bounty System

@Scipio_Artelius
yea may be different for CODE but usually for all normal people it happens more as a accident then a plan for hunting

ggg

JuuR

EVE is not 100% a “free form sandbox”.

Bounty-hunting would not a “mini-game” but rather an activity/occupation that you could peruse. All that’s being asked is fix the current bonus system and make it a true bounty system.

…and it’s not just about shooting people…

1 Like

Most people wouldn’t bother with it, so eventually you’re just going to see people farming them for easy ISK, you’re still forgetting the point where its going to cost them time and money to bother overhauling a system nobody really cares about in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I will write-up a more formal proposal and post where you suggested.

For your freighter point, lets say 20 Cats killed a 5B Charon. Those 20 pilots would share the applied bounty (5B / 20) so they would each earn a 250M bounty on them. To be honest, I probably would be against adding cargo to the bounty and just use the fitted value of the ship.

Thanks for the feedback.

3 Likes

Please explain how you would “farm” this system…

Seriously. Ideas like yours have been posted over and over again and they are just full of obvious flaws.

Let me tell you what will happen here:

1. You present a ridiculous idea with obvious flaws.
  2. We tell you how to abuse it.
  3. You adjust the idea.
  4. goto 2 unless the idea is already so much watered down it’s worse than the current system.
1 Like

Why is it “ridiculous”?
How is it “flawed”?

Of course I would fix/adjust the proposal if you made good points…until then…

1 Like

So you only get bounties for criminal actions and can’t set them freely? That means this restricts the whole thing mostly to lowsec pirates and suicide gankers, which you can shoot already at all times. But now instead of just shooting them and collect the bounty you have to role the dice and hunt hope the one guy you got is online.

Sounds even more broken than now. I want to keep the current system, thanks

gankers will be online at one point … so if you add a bounty system where you can kill this guys with bounty even in HS because they have a concord set bounty and are free to hunt as a mission … this gankerfleets in this systems are targets … you dont hope … you just got where they allways are … its only about a few systems so …

the easy way to “fix” ganking would be to allow more low slots on frighter and jump frighters & add more cpu and pg … maybe allow to fit capital armorplates

technically frighters are capitals but not really or are they?

JuuR

1 Like

“So you only get bounties for criminal actions and can’t set them freely?”
Correct…just like real life.

“That means this restricts the whole thing…”
As opposed to the system now where you can’t do anything…you are mixing -10 and people with bounties together…that is two separate issues.

“hope the one guy you got is online”
Yes, that’s part of the profession…just like in real life. You would have a week window to track the guy down else your licence is lost.

It only sounds broken because you don’t seem to understand it…

2 Likes

With respect, please do not derail this topic with talk of adding slots or fixing ganking…

Yeah sure. lol.

It sounds broken because it is a stupid and shitty idea. The only “bounty hunters” this will enable are those who just write an evemail to the guy they got in the lottery so he lets him kill in a noob ship because they made a deal to split the bounty. We may even have our very own corp for that.

1 Like

The target’s name would be blocked-out in local to the hunter and just replaced with the licence number. So you wouldn’t know who you were after and therefore not game the system.

If an alt flew with you, they would see the target’s name however…I’ll think about that point.

EDIT
Actually, why would the target trust the hunter to give-up half his bounty and thus cut into his profits? This is EVE after all.

2 Likes

Because it will be so much more painless in the future if they can just work with us and get the money without actually having to hunt us.

Also all those anti-gankers who now try to farm our bounties would get nothing anymore, so that is a good thing I suppose :smile: even less reason to interfere with ganking.

You really must be new at this

They still have to hunt you (and have an alt) just to get to the point of trying to collude as the name is blocked.

Farming CODE bounties is pointless at 2M a pop…You really must be new at this.

1 Like

Looks like it is dawning on you already that this would be worse and even more boring than the current system. :joy:

Looks like you are running out of points…

This “you too” comebacks are even worse than your idea

That’s nice…

It’s not getting better really