BPO/BPC Blender - Invention

So the way I read this, its essentially a ship based version of Abyssals right. You start with a ship type and the get a random output with bonuses that go up or down. I guess I could see that working and I hadn’t thought about it before but it does make sense.

My original thought was more along the lines of adding a new way to pull down faction ships and reset how those are obtained. But also allow an interactive way for players to work with the CCP Developers in creating new ships all together.

To be fair I do see a down side to this, aside from unbalanced fleet mechanics, on the basic level the ships would have to be designed and added to the game which would require more smaller updates so those ships are actually displayed in space. But even if its a useful tool to say create/invent new ships, could be something that could only be done from a BPO and then when its added theres a short period where a small number can produce that ship, until others invent it or they offer it for sale from an NPC.

I’d go so far as to mark the very first 1st one with a special tag, or maybe the 1st ten. Which then creates another special thing that people can fight to own. Something super rare that more bragging rights. Let the 1st person create something name it (within reason, maybe from a list of random names; like the do with toons as I doubt we all want to see a ship named X profanity listed) and have their name appear on every BPO/BPC. People will have another way to add a permanent mark.

It would add another career line of Starship Creation with people specializing in that and working hand in hand with developers. Yes you will have people in the Big Null Blocs that do this, but you’d also have smaller Corps work or maybe even specializing in it and while theres only a few locations to source something then there would be power changes to everything.

Maybe have a period where you get ships out that aren’t specifically listed in the skill tree, so only the creators know the details, and so big groups show up with full fleets where people haven’t studied every effect down to a finite degree and fleets of small ships pull an underdog victory.

When you go 1v1 PVP you aren’t sure if the other guy is in an 10 million isk fit or 10 billion and there’s uncertainty. In big fleets doctrines are designed to tank the other side, but if the other side is in something new then engagements would become unpredictable.