BPO halt + Low power + Abandoned state

If the scammer offline a structure after 1 year of activity, that’s just a bad scam lol. Of course it doesn’t stop it but reputation is worth more than the BPO you could loot from doing that scam

what’s the use of reputation when you have alts ?

2 Likes

This is gospel, CCP left this as a feature but it’s more of a gamble for people who have no way to retrieve nor even see properly the status of the structure and if it will run out of fuel the next hour (as far as I understand), so never use ANY BPO’s only BPC’s, and materials you are willing to lose.

Hello, noob.

Keep BPOs in NPC stations. Use Sotiyos and other science structures remotely.

Thank you for coming to my Bob Talk.

1 Like

Whoa wait. What?

Why is it completely broken?

NPC structures allow you to utilize BPOs perfectly fine. Its not like you cannot use NPC stations with your BPOs.

Isnt it just one of the risks of using a player-owned structure?

You lost a couple BPOs. The owner of the structure lost an entire Sotiyo. The owner was getting a mere couple thousand isk per job, while spending millions fueling it. He lost more than most, if not all the people who were using his structure for almost no cost. And here you are, complaining and lamenting on how broken the mechanics is for you, and how much of a problem, an inconvenience it is to you.

Okay.

Someone else’s greater misfortune doesn’t magically diminish your own, even if it’s minor by comparison.

Didnt say it diminshes it. But it does make you look like an asshole.

That’s just an opinion, though.

The complaint itself is very valid.

Almost everything is.

Its just the risks of using a citadel.

NPC structures can handle and utilize BPOs just fine. If we were talking about Compression or something, then yeah, NPC stations cant do that, but were not, and compressing ore doesnt take hours.

But if you already know almost every single human on earth is all about their own interests and everyone else is secondary that’s called selfish human traits, most people don’t even realize they are doing it initially until they are made aware, that doesn’t make them an A-hole that just makes them typical, it’s those who go to the extreme too use words that are to harsh for the situation an anus.

1 Like

I’ve been using the same public structure to research my BPOs since 2017. I took a break from EVE in late 2018 and came back in December 2020. I had research jobs waiting to be delivered for almost 3 years. Never had any issues, I think it is just a matter of finding the right player station.

No, the exploits outlined in this thread have all the signs of unintended behavior. Maybe CCP will choose to keep it because it serves their goals (just like the low-power lootstravaganza did, when people found all the juicy targets on the test server and then destroyed them all within minutes of the patch going live), but it still seems much more like a bug than a feature.

1 Like

Well, no, that would make you an asshole.

Just because youre not aware that youre being an asshole, doesnt mean you arent one.

How do you know its unintended?

And what is sadder is those that absolutely know they are and are fine with it.

I don’t (do we know anything about what CCP intends, aside from milking the players for as many monies as possible?), but if I had to put money on something…

1 Like

no, they can’t.

I dont keep my BPOs in my own station, no way would I take em to someone else’s.

raitarus and co are structure, not stations :

you can see that they are in the market cat structures and the inventory cat structures.

on the other hand, the jita trade hub is a station :