Bring back old proving grounds

maybe better would be 1v1 Cruisers, 2v2 Destroyers and 3v3 frig rooms at the end of tier 3-6 sites.

I am with Gustav Mannfred.
Bring back old proving grounds!

2 Likes

fully agree on that

I 100% support a return of the old Proving grounds as an ā€œin addition toā€ feature for those of us who thoroughly enjoyed that game play style.

3 Likes

If you read todays patchnotes:

Missions & NPCs:

• Resource Wars sites have stopped appearing in space for the time being while they are sent back to the workshop for some renovation and repurposing.

CCP did exactly that with resource wars today. Content just removed. And so it was with Abyssal PVP:
Gone from one day to the other. Same sad story again

But abyssal pvp isnā€™t completely removed. You can still do it.

Different. But not completely removed.

Just like AWOXing.

1 Like

true

the thing Gustav points out is that the old arena is independant of the events, and there should be both, the events and the old arena. They have nothing in common.
That is the whole idea of all the threads about the old arena I see here in the forums. In the end, we have both the events and the old arena.

yeah the idea is simply to have both the events and the old arena which you get at the end of pve sites

Youā€™re only looking at direct changes ā€¦
ā€¦ not at indirect changes.

Like how CCP destroyed ninja salvaging.
Or classic can flipping, which isnā€™t a comparable experience to modern suspect shenanigans.

I think thereā€™s others as well, but I canā€™t come up with any.

Iā€™d feel sympathy if you guys werenā€™t so pointlessly trying to be relevant.

Yeah, because no one did that stuff.
I guess that also means no one actually did Abyssal PvP?

This thread is from 17th of October and only has 30 posts, this one includedā€¦

Well, this is false with Abyssal PVP, there were people doing it. And that number increased after the Surgical strike patch.

Check out Abysra and convince yourself!
I assume, if no one wants it back(which is not the case at all) there wont be posts about that. So far the majority of ppl posting in this thread are for bringing back. I barely see any argument against bringing back the old arena.

1 Like

and several people said they support it, even Torvald Uruz said he misses the old arenas too

1 Like

Well, the Cruiser 1v1 event was not as similar as the old proving grounds. I had some exiting fights there, but it was still far away from the old arena. Was more like ā€œwell, its a throw away ship, if it dies, just buy another oneā€.

So I did the giveaway event about the old proving grounds last weekend and it surprised me how many people that never did the old arena want it back.

1 Like

I pretty much quit the day they closed old proving. logged in a handful of times since and barely play. Sucks massively. We lost a whole community along with it. Players I never see anymore.

yeah, bring back Sniperbros and so onā€¦

I have the feeling that the amount of people that want the old arena back is increasingā€¦

If you think that it means anything, selection bias is strong in you.

Just gonna chime in and say that current iteration of abyssal pvp is quite collusion-free (outside of alliance mates banding up to kill others in FFAs), unlike old room where several top dogs coordinated to farm others while avoiding each other.

ISK is less of a factor too, you win only by your theorycrafting, skill and luck.

So, I do not miss old room altogether and new PG events are just better in almost every way. Their popularity kinda backs it up.

And what then speaks against bringing the old arena back, when we then have both the events and the old arena?
The current iteration is collusion free, since CCP banned it. And by collusion it is meant to spam alts into the arena in order to get matched up against your own alts to get high ranks. This was never the case in the old arena.

Or having to think when doing triage so that players who couldnā€™t didnā€™t just get wiped.

I also unsubbed all my accounts after the old proving grounds was removed.

Recently resubbed with the BC 1v1 but I agree they need constant content like this for those of us who enjoy this kind of content. Not only t1 hulls and t2 mods with limited size hulls and for limited time frames

Yep there is no pvp to compare it to true 1v1s in blingy ships are almost impossible to come by anywhere else