Brisc Rubal for CSM - the last thing EVE needs...a real politician on the CSM

Pft. A 20m rlml Caracal could kill 2 before it reloads. half the cost of an inty.

assuming they stay on grid cause you sure as ■■■■ cant catch them in it

1 Like

You’re misting the point. There is a counter to them that’s cheap and effective. There are other options too that work even better. 3 or 4 and you alpha them off field. Why do you rely on ideas that diminish versatility instead of embracing a shifting and healthy meta?

you have no idea how many claw fleets I’ve been in in the last year there’s no shifting anything on that meta…and our ships are designed to enter grid, lock a single target kill it then run in less time then your caracal can lock, fire and travel time for the missiles.
I digress as this is Brisc’s campaign post

2 Likes

if i recall you presented problems, explained them, provided a solution. except one…

what would be your suggestion in how to fix it?

Lol, try that on an Orthrus and see what happens. And your ambush relies on your victim being careless and complacent. Which is the second point I’m trying to make. Such ideas serve entities that have their assets and crew stretched thin, far and wide THEY are the ones most affected by marauding bands like this. You can give as many examples of easy prey, who are most likely the same voices complaining about such issues.

You’ll just end up being a shinier km lmao

10/10 logic

1 Like

To be clear, I am not suggesting we remove nullification from interceptors. I’m suggesting that we give pilots a choice - you can be speedy, scouty, tackle with nullification and no guns or you can be speedy, scouty, combat with no nullification.

There’s a nuance to this discussion point that I think is being overlooked here.

This is a hairy question because there are multiple ways I’ve seen that could solve the problem, some of which aren’t going to be popular and some of which might not work. Some have advocated removing it entirely, but I don’t think that’s likely or doable.

The one idea that I’ve had is to make it similar to war decs I’ve seen in other games, for instance, like Star Wars Galaxies (and I apologize for reverting to a game I’m as intimately familiar with as I am EVE). There, both sides were required to consent to the war dec for it to become active. That would solve many of the problems of griefing, although it’s unlikely to be popular with the war deccing crowd. But it would still allow groups like Red v. Blue (and any others that may want to do what they did) to fight in high sec without CONCORD intervention - which, as far as I can tell, was always the original point of the war dec system.

This stops the one sided war declarations. That’s the one idea I’ve had for it.

But I would prefer to hear what others think, as well. Do you have any ideas?

1 Like

Then your problem is with the non-optimal range disruption buffed type interceptors. The Claw, Taranis, Raptor, and Crusader. The Claw being the only one with a double damage bonus. The solution being a simple one: nerf the double damage bonus of the Claw and turn the Minmatar Frigate damage bonus into an optimal range bonus.

If you cannot specifically identify the real problems, how can I trust you with my vote? You have a gift of words, but that doesn’t pair well with the stubborn and/or uninformed.

ps. The Claw has enough going for it. It has enough speed to achieve sub 2s align time with minimal nano and still being able to fit even 3 damage mods. It has high alpha, high tracking capless guns. It’ll be alright.

That would effectively kill wardec and leave ganking as the only freely available pvp in highsec

It would also as pretty big side-effect a lot of demand for ships and structures making the whole market crash

If there’s no war, there’s no reasons for industrialists to make ship and modules

Dom, I think most folks would argue that highsec isn’t the place for PvP, and that new players to the game aren’t looking at highsec for PvP. If they want PvP, they head to lowsec or nullsec.

In the end, most of these war decs don’t result in meaningful PvP - they’re just ganks without the CONCORD pod service home. In my experience, the war deccers aren’t looking for good fights, they’re just looking for easy pickings. Hitting jump freighters and haulers that can’t fight back, or ganking noobs trying to mine in highsec who made the mistake of leaving their noob corp.

The only people who like the current war deccing system, in my experience, are the folks making money off it. Everybody else dislikes it. And I doubt seriously that altering it, or even getting rid of it, would have much, if any, impact on ship and module production.

1 Like

Oreb, I made clear what my problem is with interceptors - you have a combat ship that is uncatchable, that can outrun almost all tackle, that can make it through every gate camp, and that is immune to almost any tactic available except a smartbombs, which are exceedingly difficult to plan and can really only be useful if the interceptor pilot is dumb and doesn’t ping off the gate before jumping. I have killed interceptors with a pipe bomb but it’s hard. https://zkillboard.com/kill/63178359/

Groups of interceptors are difficult, if not impossible to catch and deal with. That’s why they’re the meta right now for certain types of small gang roams and are still the meta for entosis work.

The issue this point is designed to address is that there should be no riskless combat in EVE. Interceptors provide the closest thing to riskless combat out there. You seem unwilling to accept that this is the concern, for some reason, despite it being clearly laid out and I’ve repeated it a few times now.

Now, again, to be clear, this is not my original idea. This was an idea that was developed by folks in my alliance and pitched to me, and I have heard over and over again from members of the community that they dislike the current meta with interceptors. That’s why this is on the list.

I’m not being stubborn or uninformed, I’m trying to represent this issue as I see it. If the Devs and the other CSMers disagree, then it won’t go anywhere.

Null/LS blobs don’t either

I’d say most want easy kills now, but there are some of us that still prefer to be outnumbered against people who at least try to push us out.

Don’t blame us for them dying
Blame the corps that recruit without having a clue of the risks attached to corps.

The NPE needs a revamp in that matter. Like a big button that says YOU’RE ABOUT TO ENTER A CORPORATION WHICH CAN BE DECCED. YOU MIGHT DIE or something like that.

I never made a penny doing wars, but I still enjoy them.
Most line members in merc corps won’t ever see a penny their leadership got from wars.

You’d take away a big chunk of destruction in highsec

Highsec was never meant to be safe, wars and ganking are the only way to preserve that. Because we all know that if you take one away, people will cry about the other until it’s removed

Dom, do you see any issues with the current system?

The problem is not all the system.
It’s also the people and their mentality that Highsec should be safe and that wardeccers are invincible.

It isn’t, shouldn’t.
And they’re not. Nor will they ever be.

No chance in hell.

Anything with rapid light missiles can make an interceptor think twice. A HIC with a 30km scram will make them think twice. I think people expressing the concerns just don’t want to put in the work to resist them or want a single ship that can keep their castle wall safe. Please don’t make me gather interceptor death statistics for nullsec.

Interceptors can’t do entosis work anymore, like I said.

Now that’s what I like to see.

Theyve got to be able to catch them first, and that’s the issue.

Interceptors aren’t doing the entosis work - they’re the defense fleets for the rapiers and other ships doing the entosis work.

If you would gather the interceptor kills in nullsec, those numbers would be useful. Short of pipe bombs, hero tackles that are essentially suicides and just dumb play, I would imagine the number of interceptor kills would be relatively low compared to how useful they are.

For what it’s worth, this is the first complaint about this recommendation I’ve heard. I appreciate you helping to vet this stuff.