Bugs....bugs...bugs

When were you shot by guns? Logs show nothing. Loki on the other hand really deals a lot of damage in that log. Are you sure the guns were shooting you, or did you assume the zkill is correct?

1 Like

No those distances are usually very accurate. Yes, you can dock from 43km, what the ship is then doing is setting course to the station slowboating you there, as seen in the logs.

Fact: sentries are guns not missile batteries (you find in NPC sites)

1 Like

even my pod didnt have right to dock (like i started fight) so i warped to gate and come back to dock

Your pod was 43km away from the station! Don’t you see the “set course …” messages in your log? Your pod probably only survived because the Loki had to ping, in order to get rid of the sentry guns.

BTW, you still didn’t answer what you did in that 7min.

1 Like

dock animation is not posible at 43 km,period.

thats why i call this bugs…and yes zkill will show as dmg dealer even if you have 0% dmg but you were on grid

You know that the dock animation changed, try it again, warp to 50 at a station and dock.

1 Like

i get that animation only at 2km

Then you have to wait for the ticket. But in future I would recommend not to accuse other players of cheating just because you have not realized all facts yet. The PvP mechanics are quite foolproof, in normal combat situations there is no possibility to cheat, else we would know for sure (you would hear the outcry of players to the moon).

2 Likes

Wait, zkill isnt part of ccp. And if logs showed nothing in the game, for ccp there were no guns shooting you.

Do not take what zkill shows seriously, or show the part in logs where gun shot you.

As for range, even if you are in range of docking and ship doesnt have to slowboat even a meter, the docking procedure can take some time. I literally was on undock and someone started shooting me, and docking didnt occur in time before ship was destroyed.

1 Like

the damage would be cleared by a session-change; docking , gate jump etc . otherwise , i’d thought he undocked and just kept going for 5 minutes , which the range would be about right , but that doesn’t cover the npc damage .

simplest explanation that fits , given the incomplete logs :

OP undocked , engaged with npc’s , ( likely finished an escalation , explaining the elapsed time , npc damage on the kill-mail , and the loot in his hold ) .

warped to station and …

BUMP
BUMP
BOOM …

The logs seem incomplete. I have no idea how the events could have unfolded. My best guess (similar to the above) is that you finished your escalation and docked in the station, then undocked, burned away for a bit, started warping, got that “cannot do that while warping” notification, and then the Loki engaged you. Looks like you were never pointed, you just tried to dock and you were too far away (or shot back, in which case you would not dock due to weapons timer).

The Loki DID take gate guns. You took rat guns, which you later misidentified as gate guns. The presence of “Serpentis” guns in “Gallente” space would be suspect for sure.

You probably got alpha’d, tried to panic, spammed dock, but you were too far away, didn’t think about warping away quick enough before the Loki got in range and pointed/scrammed you.

That message in chat was a little entertaining though…

this session change would clear the npc damage .

look at the log again ; 22:17:08 .

look at the zkill linked in this thread ; launchers were fully loaded .

Nujenif Talvanen , you’ll never make junior detective at this rate … :grinning:

Ouch. Oof. Look away!

Yep, as OP didn’t explain what happened in the 5 minutes, and gate jump would have cleared the NPC damage, this is the most likely course of events. I also still think OP might have warped at 50 to station instead of 0. But lag and skewed server info can also be the case.

One general tip which makes instadock bookmarks almost obsolete (for me). It needs some SP on fleet management though. Make a fleet with yourself (or move yourself into squad/wing commander position in fleet), then select arrow fleet mode. This will make the arrow top (=you) fleet warp to exact chosen warp distance on targets without jitter. Warping at exact zero means you are always within dock radius of NPC stations.

If you fly a slow ship and want to grab a coffee you can set the correct(!) station as destination and enable autopilot mid warp (not before) to get you docked immediately on arrival. Basically the only good use of autopilot.

And no, you can’t bump eject other ships with it. :wink:

Edit: disclaimer, be careful this warp method will bump you into acceleration gates if warped at 0, I only tried the NPC dock with up to freighter size, not tried with real capitals (as I can’t fly any).

1 Like

The distance that is shown on the overview should be taken with a grain of salt. It’s inconsistent with the distance shown at the locked target selection, and the overview can be frozen by pressing the CTRL key.

Not sure whether the docking animation is just that, i.e. an animation, and independent of other game mechanics, or is triggered by a server response after the server validated the requirements for docking are met.

That is not neccesarily valid info. Many kills at Jita shows 101km away from station, yet ingame I know for sure that my target was docking without autopilot when I killed him ie. it was about 1km away from station on his overview.

That’s interesting, i was not aware of that. I assumed originally that the issue was that they had warped in at 50km or something and were caught off guard and kept trying to dock assuming they were at 0 so they were slowboating in.

These are a few of my recent kills, one on a gate and one at a station, they both show them being very close (which they were) when they died, so i was under the impression that the distance was reasonably accurate.

It probably depends whether the station is kicker or not.