Bulk Haulers

i agree, we need a mid range hauler that doesnt break the bank to buy or take capitol components to build.
however, i understand that CCP would rather have you make extra trips. the PVP guys need more defneseless targets

1 Like

So don’t make yourself a valuable target in the first place. It’s that simple…

apparently you didnt know that CCP changed industry to make it impossible to gather materials in your own space. You are now foreced to travel to markets for materials . they even said at the time that it would help pvp because of the increased traffic. pretty clear who they were trying to help, those poor pilots that can only find content by camping gates and trade hubs to shoot haulers. try fighiting somehting that shoots back for once

1 Like

Oh noes! You actually have to travel and trade with other players and can’t just get absolutely everything in your own little pocket of space. The horror!

3 Likes

Dont waste time on the forum Troll Ariel, it’s a CCP shill or at best a Bot.
It’s comments have nothing to do with what you are posting. But yes we need a hauler with the capacity to haul at least 150K m3. less time traveling back and forth.
And it would make for a bigger payday for the Gankers ( a little something for shooters ) so everyone benefits.

indded it shouldnt take a multibillion isk ship to move 150 k m3 of trit

1 Like

The middle ground is using a Freighter with bulkheads instead of cargo extenders.

Fenrir with bulkheads:
383k m3 (nice middle ground between your 65k and 1 million m3!)
432k EHP

There’s your answer! And as people have mentioned, a webbing alt can help make it move faster.

Fly safe!

2 Likes

:point_up: So let me get this straight, your answer is to strip down a Freighter try and get as close to the numbers I wrote ( to make your post work ), and justify it.
Fly a multi billion isk ship around for 150km3 worth of ore or fuel or whatever…
No my friend, that is not even close to an answer… a Freighter in any configuration is not a middle ground hauler.
I didnt realize asking for a 150k m3 freighter would hurt everyone’s feelings so much . . lol
arguing just to argue . . lol

Strip down a freighter?

Why would you call a bulkhead freighter ‘stripping down’ the freighter? If anything is ‘stripping down’ a jump freighter, it’s when you putting cargo expanders on it and strip down your defences to a fraction of the original value.

For 150k you simply do two trips in a DST. Those ships exist already.

Edit: in fact in two trips in a DST I can bring along 174k m3 of small units like fuel or ore in a regular fit.

3 Likes

My gosh this thread blew up into trolling, insults, and bickering fast!

I think the OP’s point has merit. If you make a really big ship with crap align time that is basically just a huge Tayra, Bestower, Iteron V, or Mammoth, and make it have bad tank for its size (comparable to the smaller T1 haulers), it could be a good tool for bulk hauling. Although, if you have a freighter, you can just put a small amount of value in its cargo and autopilot. As long as you don’t double wrap anything (looks suspicious), are not wardecced or otherwise at war, have decent sec status, and look out around Burn Jita events, you should not be worth ganking, especially if you put those aforementioned bulkheads on. 462k EHP is no joke, especially for a ship carrying only a few hundred million isk maximum.

As long as there are ships with high cargo cost to EHP ratio, they will be a prime ganking target. If you haul 1B isk in any ship, prepare to die, unless you’ve got other ways to avoid ganks, like good route planning, MWD+cloaking, or instawarping. If this bulk hauler is implemented, people better not haul anything more than a few hundred thousand isk in it.

1 Like

started by the usual troll suspect, 5 years sitting in an NPC station

Your emo tears of rage sustain me. My cup runneth over… :wink:

I think my main has been in an NPC corp for ages, maybe 2 and a half years.

Also, who started it is irrelevant lol. Y’all both escalated it and perpetuated it.

^^^^ This right here is the answer, there are tools already in game…the point of fact is the OP is too lazy and entitled (oh I live in null…GTFO of here with that nonsense) to want to use the in game tools…welcome to EvE nullbear…so OP your idea is unwarranted go back to your nullbear rocks.

2 Likes

Thing is, we don’t need more ships that do the same thing as other ships. A big hauler is just a freighter, or an orca. A DST already costs 150m+, something that is bigger will cost much more. Just like T2 cruisers are also 150m, t2 battleships cost about 10x as much.

I do think that freighters (and other capitals) cost too much atm, CCP also happens to agree, which is why they are making certain minerals more available, but that goes beyond the scope of the OP’s topic.

Kinda think he does it daily daily . .

your post is out of context and is prolly a lack of reading skills.
living in null had nothing to do with my need for a ship that hauls more m3, but a response to a half wit not unlike yourself who thinks I want a bigger ship because I am “Scared” to fly around hense I am not “Scared” to fly around.
do better

I read this three times and still cannot really understand it. Maybe it’s less of a lack of reading skills and more of a lack of being able to understand nonsense. I, too, am in that latter category, with everyone else.
prolly?
Of course it does! What else would produce tons of cheap stuff that you would need to transport many tens of jumps?
half wit isn’t hyphenated?
“Scared” is capitalized?
“Scared” is capitalized again?
hense?
do better? I agree! You should!

wtf does this even mean?

1 Like

tears

grammar . . lol
capital letters are throwing you off?
did I upset your girlfriends is that what happened?
You ladies seem really upset because someone asked for a bigger ship.
get a life . . lol