Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

Currently testing alpha burners, so far I’ve killed the Angel, Sansha, and Gurista versions with my cap stable fits. Note I have max alpha skills with implants: A zor’s, a tracking implant, and a gun damage implant. The normal fits will probably work even better as cap skills take a bit of a hit with alpha, and most of the standard fits have an extra damage mod.

Although honestly if you have the isk for the fits, and the SP to use them just buy a plex and go omega, so much easier. Extract SP if you have to, you’ll have it back by the end of the month, and a boat load of isk, unless you play under 10 hours/month.

Agents
Angel: need to heat the AB to be faster than the NPC, so needs more micromanagement than with omega. Seemed like heat on for one cycle, heat off for two was a decent rhythm. Otherwise mostly the same, maybe need to pulse the shield booster because you have less cap.

Sansha: Needed to downgrade to ion blasters for fitting reasons, otherwise mostly the same. You lose a bit of speed and web strength so it can take longer to catch, but once you are on top it goes down quickly.

Gurista: looks like one normal MWD cycle, then 2 heated cycles will let you catch it. and again it’s pretty simple once you catch it.

Blood: ? Loss of minmatar t2 resists make this one more challenging, wolf was just so well suited for this one.

Serpentis: ? Loss of caldari t2 resists makes this one more difficult. sounds like some have been doing it with a rail DD so that might work, although not sure about the tank buff.

Teams:
Amarr: DD still works, the 1 magstab 2 ion blaster version is a bit light on dps, so you probably want to kill both logi.

Caldari: Sucubus worked similar fit to the angel dd but with kinetic resists. Guessing standard team Garmur would be workable too, the caldari ships are the slowest and have biggest sigs I believe.

Gal: ?

Min: ? not sure, tried my succubus but the jag does more damage than the angel dram. one of those things I should have checked before undocking. Also had some big connection issues in both attempts so I don’t really have great data either way.

Bases:
Angel: I assume 3 web vigilant will still work, I believe I tested it with 2 webs at some point, think you just need to put webs on and keep range 4-5km. Need to test though.

Serpentis: I tried a 100mn VNI, worked but was a broken attempt, all my heavy drones got shot down after killing the first and trying on the second. Picked up medium t1 drones and finished the second two. Need to optimize slot layout for sure, and try other things.

Blood: mostly expecting gila will still work. but it’s been on my skip list.

Gurista: vigilant might still work, but I’m pretty sure it’s still on the decline list probably wont test.

Will there be any change to anomic teams that kills ECM kiting strategy?

not that I know of, I’m assuming the ECM kite garmur will still work. I’m just not a fan of it as it is a very inconsistent kill.

This has been an amazing guild, im staggered by the improved quality of content on the new forums

Is there a guild out there for this?

Been playing on and off for a few years now, I’ve come back but lacking direction

there is no offical corp or alliance for running missions/burners there are some that exist to help people learn missions and can be fun but you have to be sure that friendly fire is disabled and i cant think of any off the top of my head

mostly people use 1 man corps to avoid the 11% npc corp tax cutting into isk per hour and then chat in missions channel or local

2 Likes

i have a guy that has invited me to doing burners with him because he sees what they are capable of. for the frigate burner as a team is there any 1 frig that can be used for them all?

depends on what he can fly. unified daredevil for both is nice. or the capstable fits from chainsaw, zarek or zekir.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6885093
https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/514902/

@Chainsaw_Plankton, I was using a modified version of a Harpy for the serp daredevil for a while but recently switched over to use your cap-stable hawk and decided to mess with it a little bit:

[Hawk, * Agent Serpentis Daredevil]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
Upgraded Kinetic Deflection Amplifier I
Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket
200mm AutoCannon II, EMP S

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Basically, drop the medium C-Type for the small A-Type. While this is a bit more expensive, the reduced cap consumption means you can upgrade 1 battery to RF and drop the other and the rigs. The reduced boost has to be supplemented with some extra resists, but a passive mod is more than enough. If you use a meta with reduced cpu, you can downgrade the CNBCS down to a simple BC2 if you want to (more than) offset some of the other mod costs and still have room to replace the rigs with those from the original hawk fit. The net result is this ship is a cap stable version of the original having to only drop the TP.

As pasted above, it is cap stable at 36%, has a tank of 312 against the daredevil damage profile (154+110=264).

BTW, thanks a ton for all the info, your fits have been great!

1 Like

Not sure if this is new but there seems to be a new hard limit on number of burners per x ammount of time. After declining one/accepting one it doesnt seem like you get another one for quite some time. I declined 50 in a row and not a single burner showed up.

You can try this on test server if you like.

nice, adding the damage rig looks like a good dps boost.

That’s not been the case for me. I think you may have just been unlucky with your pulls. Will start tracking tonight and give some figures in a few days of missions offered.

or maybe the missions pools are constant on a 5-min basis and he was in a pool without burners.

I went to sisi to test burner destinations, but then I realized that I would not get average destinations because those were limited in a limited timeframe. Still had not issue with declining 50s missions for soe and still having burners.

just tested a new fitting for blood base burner made a video showcasing it

fitting below (feel free to tweek/pimp)
(refit 2 tracking enhancers to gyros after sentinals are down)

[Vagabond, blood base ]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Small Tractor Beam II

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Hobgoblin I x5

video below

3 Likes

That’s nifty I’ve always wondered about using a gun ship, but never tried it with the two TD sentinels. But watching the video it looked like you weren’t getting TD’d when you showed info on the guns, did they swap to TD the drones!? Makes me think a Deimos might be able to get good completion time with the kin/therm ammo that hits the holes.

Also makes me want to take another look at my cap battery setups that never left EFT.

hmm can you do bases in T3 ?

nope, last I checked t1 bc or t2 cruiser are the upper limit. (possible it’s changed but highly doubt it)

nope deimos wont work not enough range with null to counter the tracking disrupt and cant rely on hope that sents go after ur drones every time (my first run b4 doing that recording i took no drone agro)

also the deimos tank via armor is p a pain due to that explo hole the sents will rip u a new one with
if u pimp it out retardedly then maybe it can with some tracking comps but its not gonna do much better than the vaga pimped

btw base missions t1 battlecruisers t2/faction/t1 cruisers and below not t3 ccp never allowed them coz they are way to overpowered for these (maybe if battleship burners come out)

The recommended gila setup doesn’t even have enough tank to tank the ashimmu alone. Overall most fits would have trouble tanking the whole mission, and almost every fit I’ve seen relies on clearing the sentinels quickly, Makes trying it in a low buffer hac something I’d want to try on the test server first. Definitely interested in more durable fits

@DJB16

if you use 220mm you get better tracking and make room to change rigs to acr 1 and burst aerator 2 which give more dps overall. fits for all lvl V if you offline the tractor beam.

edit.

plus u can swap 2 enhancers with gyrostabs and have roundabout the same tracking as with 425mm.