C3/C4 wh Amarr ship

Good evening/day/morning/night or whatever time you might be reading this.

I’m looking for the bezt ship for me, a fairly noob pilot might fly.
I do have alot of SP and can basically fly all Amarr ships in a few days. I’m also sitting on a pile of ISK.
Hence i’m looking for the best fit for the best ship for soloing/2p group wh C3/C4!
Been looking for a couple of days, but all i’ve found is guides and fittings from circa 2013.

Any help appreciated!

C3 id go with geddon. Simple perma rep fit is sufficient. Fit a drone link and you even don’t need to move at all.
C4 is Pala with cap booster for ohhh SH… moments.
But as you said you’re a little noob, how about C1 in prophecy/C2 in geddon to grind experience?

1 Like

…don’t make you a better pilot. Only experience does and that you cannot buy.

In response to, there is a sleeper tech cruiser from the Amarr Empire that should be right up your ally way. If only I could remember the name. For class 4 I would suggest, fly the Armageddon with your budd(ies)y and rr yourselves. Should be fine.
Here’s a hint, sleepers no like drones, so pay special attention to them.

What is a simple perma fit?

I assume you’re talking about Legion? For class 3 that is?
What does rr mean?

i think she means legion and rr is remote reps so i guess she means spider tanking

Yes on both.

The Legion should be well suited for class 3 sleepers, since them sleeper cruisers come from sleeper poo. And instead of 6000 capitals neuts, you can fit a large remote armor repair module or 2 on the Armageddon, 2x cap transfer and you have a nice self-repping gang of at least 2.

Fit another remote rep for your drones.

How about a nightmare?

The Nightmare is perfect but he asked for Amarr and I think he does not have any Caldari ships trained.

What would a nightmare fit look like?

Expensive.

It is truly amazing how hard it is to get anything useful out of literally anyone playing EVE.
If you ask someone in-game for help they are either trying to ■■■■ you over or doind the old “scam dance”. Lovely.
Forums is a different thing. It’s filled with all these know-alls, with egos twice the size of Kanye West. You’d think that these know-alls would compete to supply useful and helpful information, but no! They are rather competing to give the most vague, confusing and random abbreviation-filled answers.
It’s kinda like getting trying to get information from a 3 1/2 year-old, about some ■■■■ it has done.

Rant status: successful

3 Likes

Personally I think people are just too lazy to provide good info.

Anyway.

C3 legion would be the way to go. Something like this will handle all Anoms Solo. It does not really tank enough to tank a Outpost with the towers up so you have to kill a couple at least.

[Legion, C3 - Standard]

Corelum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corelum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

10MN Afterburner II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Conflagration M
Core Probe Launcher II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Legion Core - Augmented Antimatter Reactor
Legion Defensive - Nanobot Injector
Legion Offensive - Liquid Crystal Magnifiers
Legion Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

As for C4, unless you have nothing better to do they are not really worth it. I can almost guaranty (retardedness on the Legions side precluded) that 1 Legion in a C3 would just about beat 2 Geddons in a C4 from an income perspective.

The issue is that in C4s, everything is soooo far away. The Geddon just does not have the range or DPS to break reps.

if you really want to do it maybe something like this, I would test it on the test server first though as some waves technically break its tank and it is not going to be DPS tanking much of anything. (Mids are up for debate)

[Armageddon, C4]

Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Sensor Booster II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Large Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II

Large Remote Armor Repairer II
Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter II
Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Remote Repair Augmentor I

Curator II x5

Otherwise a Pally is king.

This fit is tried and test, and it will happily do sub 14 min Barracks (as low as 11min with 4% implants and some luck) if you know what you are doing (I pop an DC2 on the sanctums and and extra recharger for integrates).

[Paladin, WH]

True Sansha Large Armor Repairer
Corpus X-Type Large Armor Repairer
True Sansha Heat Sink
True Sansha Heat Sink
True Sansha Heat Sink

Large Micro Jump Drive
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
Cap Recharger II

Mega Pulse Laser II, Scorch L
Bastion Module I
Imperial Navy Large EMP Smartbomb
Imperial Navy Large EMP Smartbomb
[Empty High slot]

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hobgoblin II x5

1 Like

I am no “Know-it-all” especially when it comes to wormholes which I have never ratted in yet. But I do alot of “normal” ratting.

I read somewhere that a Nightmare might be a bit overkill for a C3 since the Sleeper-Rats there are mostly cruiser and frig size. Don’t quote me on that one though because as written above I never been there personally.

A T3 cruiser seems to be a solid choice as far as I heard from other players. Linking a good fit though is a bit complicated since most fits that you could link here are still based on the old subsystem set. And I don’t have a Legion fit ready for you at the moment.

You could use O.smium.org to search for a “Legion C3” or something alike and work with the ingame fitting simulator or one of the offline tools to adapt that fitting to your needs and skills. I think that would be a good idea. I use Pyfa to work on my fittings. It is a very useful tool once you get used to it.

One point I’d like to advice you on besides ship and fitting is this:
No matter your ship and fitting though you always have to be aware of other players in wormholes. Rely on D-Scan and or combat probes to check if a system is already beeing “taken” by a corp. Scout a WH-system out before you take your more or less expensive ratting ship(s) in there. Since you have no local channel you never really know if you are “alone” or not. Always keep this in mind when you rat in a WH-system otherwise you will become the victim of other players who will most likely kill you with overwhelming force since “fair play” is something you rarely see in PVP in EVE.

End of Wall-o-text incoming. I think you will find a decent T3 Cruiser fitting on O.Smium or maybe even here that you can build on. Have fun and fly safe.

Has nothing to do with laziness, but education. If you are not willing to find your own fit that works for you, you will not understand mine.

I never implied that you were lazy, on the contrary tbh, you seem like a productive little ant.
It’s just that you focus all your energy on making you feel better about yourself by unnecessarily pointing out how much of a noob another person is.
If you would have simply supplied a fit in your first post, or when i asked what a nightmare would look like, i could have looked at it, and understood it perfectly, because you know, i have a brain perfectly capable of understanding connections and relations in a fairly simple fitting system.
What i am having trouble with, is finding up to date fits, and or information about what is currently optimal for what i asked.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll need some popcorn for all that salt.

People who know the answer will only share it if a) they aren’t lazy/ trolls/ scammers and b) already found better income source (or better ship) as sharing something you worked on for weeks if not months with anyone is not good business strategy.
That’s a small %, so I’d advise patience and own research.

Drones is the issue… constant micro management unless you’re ok with losing 50k

Well if that was the case then why not try and educated people in how to use the fittign tools or general fitting advise. Alot of comments just boil down to “Learn to Eve and do it yourself”, not all though some are good.

That reminds me of a conversation I had last night after an agreed 1v1 with a Ferox pilot. Since I wanted to bring my Drake I agreed to a 1v1 and he wanted me to warp to 0 on a ca beacon for whatever reason.
What I definitely not do is yolo my boat to any local at 0 so whatever he (or potential they) have planned doesn’t work the way they want it to and I warped at range.
Surprisingly the Ferox was warping to 0 at said beacon and I start shooting. 3 volleys in the Ferox warps of and they pilot was mad that I didn’t fulfill his wish.

After a short conversation, I gave in and told him I would to zero as he wanted and I had a chance to try out this Navy Drake. I warped my Navy Drake to zero at this beacon and the Ferox was waiting for me at this very spot.
I start shooting and made a lot of space violence on that poor Ferox. As this Ferox went down into structure a Megathron almost unsurprisingly warps to the rescue to this Ferox, only to see it explode.
My shields were holding just fine at 75% and I started shooting the Megathron. This Megathron went down a little slower but as I reached its structure, it went a little slower so he must have had bulkheads on.
The Megathron pilot wanted me to stop shooting and stopped tackling and shooting me. He was at 11% structure and begged to let him go. And nice that I am (sometimes) I killed the Megathron and let his pod warp of into the sunset of 6C-Z49.

I docked and the Megathron pilot said that this poor Ferox pilot was his child and I was supposed to trade him my Drake, so he could fly it.

Here is what I said to him,
I spent many, many hours on SiSi making fits, revising old ones, squeezing and undocking, redocking and refitting and switching out, having ideas that come to me when I take breaks to eat, talking to buddies on comms, spending days and weeks on one topic and he wanted me to give out all of this work for free and I said no.

The Drake didn’t have anything new or special modules on and was just the plain old Drake everyone (didn’t) love and the fit was the very same she (in(famous for.

But some other fits in made on SiSi over the last three weeks weeks, spending countless hours on SiSi, I have a hard time giving out because the time I spend there on SiSi with my thinking cap on, I make zero isk of TQ and my wallet cries itself to sleep at night and day, staring in the emptiness of space and time.

Can you imagine that having one account, doing everything with the same one character does not make you a space-rich Ferengi but lonely and poor. Then being yelled at by someone who waves around his credit card telling me that I am rude for wanting a payday for all that work I did - well, it doesn’t have a “nice-stamp” on.

And since you are all so very fond of looking for free intel and look at this keyboard to find out zero- errm “space intelligence (not) gathering”, have a look.

Nothing is free mate. You want something, be willing to give something.