Caldari Prime and the Legion contract

I keep it in the poet’s embalmed heart?

1 Like

Well, it’s coming to pass. Fortunately, the draw-down is happening in a measured way, so that’s something, at least.

I’m exceedingly curious which firms Material Acquisition has tapped for offers. I’ll admit to thinking that, when it comes down to it, the Ishukone Watch is a natural selection on the Caldari side, given that the Liberal ideals are likely best suited to maintaining the status quo on Caldari Prime with least risk of incidents.

Considering, for instance, the involvement of Home Guard personnel in the Kyonoke attacks of last year…

1 Like

It would be a huge mistake to limit involvement to any one political bloc within the State. Personally, I’m happy for Ishukone to call the tune, but a broad coalition of all three blocs will be more enduring.

I’m sure my Ishukone friends can remember feeling like important events were happening within the State which they were not allowed to shape or be party to? Would you really want to inflict that on others? Do you think it would be a stable political solution?

1 Like

Mm. Admittedly, you’ve a point. At the same time, you must admit that there are certain risks involved in, say, having Federation civilians directly policed by Internal Security, or perhaps a particularly aggressive battalion of Protection Services, or…

A basic predisposition toward peaceful coexistence is beneficial, surely.

1 Like

People one assumes are in the know are being very tight-lipped regarding those in consideration by Material Acquisition.

Some with greater access than I seem to feel their choice may be in some way conditional on who our State friends choose.

Others have indicated that a more comprehensive final status solution may be under consideration if issues regarding residency and planetary access can be overcome.

Given that ‘we’ never seem to miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity regarding this issue, I am expecting… well…

Any animal is teachable, Boss. Point in fact, I was once borderline Provist and I currently hold contract under Kalaakiota.

1 Like

…yeah. Part of the reason I ceased constructing my Arcology on Caldari Prime - there was never not a reason to feel entirely pessimistic.

1 Like

Well, all great poets are pessimists.

I, however, am no poet, so being ever the optimist Homeland Properties Management while modest indeed compared to your endeavor thrives.

You should pay a visit.

Quafe. They’re both a Gallente and Caldari corporation at this point, with citizenship on both sides. And they might do it for naming rights.

“Introducing Quafe’s BRAND NEW Kaalakiota Mountain Brew! With a taste as clear and cold as the Winds!”

“Welcome to QUAFE Caldari Prime!”

Alternatively, maybe I’ll talk to Corps Diplomatique about offering our services for a nominal fee. After all, we’re completely impartial, and it might be in our interests to establish diplomatic contact with the empires. Who knows?

We probably wouldn’t even want naming rights.

2 Likes

So, interesting thing for those who don’t track the seemingly infinite nesting and meshing of corporations; MA is a Quafe subsidiary!

2 Likes

Hmmm. So it is! So it’s already partly-Caldari, in a sense.

1 Like

There are simply no other ways to obtain specific ingredients for various long-term Quafe favorites. I understand that Material Acquisition’s involvement may look surreptitious or even potentially shady in this context, but our Stateside fans and citizens will undoubtedly understand that interests in this case really do extend solely to material acquisition.

As far as I know there are no plans for Kaalakiota Mountain Brew (despite the excellent tagline, there is no way to ensure the serving temperature of a product once it reaches the market). But who knows?

At any rate, I don’t think anyone needs to look too far to spot an example of how the State and the Federation benefit from cooperation on a very personal level, and I for one am looking forward to this new experiment in cooperation.

Ah, but the slogan doesn’t claim it is cold only that it tastes cold. Which is subjective, and well within the ‘we all know product slogans lie’ bounds accepted in all major markets :wink:

1 Like

Trust me, miss. “Cold”, in flavor terms, means menthol and acid. That’s not anything new. It feels cold, people describe it as cold, there’s barely any sloganeering required. But I speak to you in confidence now, because I see that we are both sensible people: it honestly does not taste very good and it’s uncomfortable to drink a lot of. If Fresh Winds happened, and I am legally not saying anything about whether they will or won’t, they’d take a different form.

Keep your eyes on the cooler, friends.

Or a subtle peppermint, actually. Especially when you’re going for the ‘crisp and bracing’ sensation.

1 Like

Or a subtle peppermint, actually

That’s what menthol is. Sorry, I realize not everybody gets trained in these things.

ehhh, menthol can also come from other oils, but I’ve never found the corn oil type to be particulary… I dunno, it just feels different.

1 Like

It’s all right. Really, it is. A bit of quick galnet research for face-saving purposes is completely understandable but it’s cornmint, there is no real corn involved, and I genuinely don’t expect anyone to have bothered to be already knowing a lot of the things I know.

Anyway. You people were talking about more important things than fizzy refreshment.

coughs and wiggles a can of Starsi at the camera

1 Like

I’m very concerned by what I’m seeing so far. Frankly, the precipitous withdrawal of Mordu’s Legion at this sensitive juncture reflects darkly on their trustworthiness. What credibility that they’ve earned as has come from the perception that they were more than common mercenaries willing to put profit ahead of honor. Obviously they shouldn’t be tethered to Caldari Prime for all eternity, but to leave before a suitable replacement is on the horizon is irresponsible to say the least. Especially considering how few years of peace we’ve actually had on Caldari Prime.

Perhaps this should demonstrate that hiring mercenaries to provide planetary security is not a sustainable model going forward. Rather than Ishukone and Material Acquisition hiring their own private security from off world, both sides should cooperate to build a new planetary security force recruited from the local population and mandated to act independently of either single company or national government.

I have no doubt that there are many civic minded citizens among both the Gallente and the Caldari populace who would be wiling to serve. Those who banded together to form the Joint Resistance Movement to the Provist occupation would be a good place to start. If Ishukone and Material Acquisition aren’t consulting local leaders like Shaileen Ramnev on this issue, they will be sure to fail to address this situation properly. Speaking of her, I can think of no single person better qualified to lead the kind of organization I’m proposing.

1 Like