Caldari Prime and the Legion contract

Yes. I could support that, myself. There’s obviously a danger of hiring security staff who might act in a partisan fashion - especially given that whoever lifts the poisoned chalice of Caldari Prime security will face extensive provocation.

But Shaileen Ramnev? I don’t share her politics, but she does seem to be a good candidate.

1 Like

They’re doing this over the course of twelve months. That should be enough time for successors to be selected and begin the handover process. And let’s face it, inertia’s a thing. If they didn’t announce this publicly, they might find themselves stuck there by fiat.

1 Like

Miss Vero,
it’s like you’ve read my mind, including thinking of Ramnev foremost as (one of) the organization’s leader(s). I would still like to have a considerable portion of the security forces to not be of Caldari or Gallente Origin. Perhaps a few like minded capsuleers like us can get together and propose this organization to Ishukone and MA, or even be part of its leadership. I would not mind lending my assistance in setting this up. My experience with developing a security drone network may be useful, and I think I am neutral enough in the public opinion that my involvement with this organization would not see a lot of objections.

1 Like

I disagree that twelve months is likely to be an adequate timeframe. Many planetary conflicts of much smaller scale have taken decades of work, or longer, to ensure lasting peace and security. The idea that a situation as complex as that on Caldari Prime will be easier to handle doesn’t hold up in view of the history of human conflict.

Maybe if there was already a suitable replacement force on the ground engaged in handover operations. Maybe if the next 12 months would be a simple matter of implementing an already developed transition plan. But no. Mordu’s Legion is withdrawing unilaterally, the affected local and national governments have obviously tried to avoid that withdrawal and been unsuccessful. Now they have 12 months to both plan and implement a transition that they are currently unprepared for. None of that bodes well.

Perhaps. I’m not sure what organization would be appropriate, but it is worth considering. Capsuleer organizations have a way of falling apart as priorities change and leaders attention is demanded elsewhere. Such was my experience with the Villore Assembly, unfortunately.

Go back and look at the timeframe they managed to get in place in. That was even more unprepared. If no one drew up potential contingency plans for Mordu withdrawing they were borderline criminally negligent.
Now those plans would certainly need discussion negotiation and changes. But there almost certainly exist some plans.

So? Secret plans are more than worthless in a situation like this where the primary danger is caused by fear and uncertainty. If the lack of planning I’ve identified is criminal negligence, then what you’ve suggested is even worse. Having a plan but not announcing it under these circumstances is reckless at best. At worst, it could indicate an intentional effort to undermine the current peace to stoke further conflict.

Not announcing an unfinished plan is worse?
Come on. You know how people love to pick holes in things. Them actually taking a few weeks to finalize plans so they can announce the entire plan in one go is just sensible.
Maybe an announcement that they are in talks with each other to make sure that both sides are happy with each others choice is in order. But nothing more than that till they actually know what is happening.

You’re missing the point. It isn’t about how far along the authorities are in your speculative planning process. What matters is that right now people living planetside have no idea what the future holds for them. That should not be the case. Everything we do know indicates that this withdrawal is being rushed, and that the authorities are not adequately prepared for the transition. That’s why people are concerned about increased violence and terrorism, and those concerns are legitimate.

I’m still trying to talk CD into tendering a bid for the contract. Cheap. We don’t need the money, and it’d be nice to establish diplomatic relations, you know?

And we have a reputation of adhering to our deals, as well as demonstrating that we’re not going to just evaporate any time soon.

1 Like

Hahahhaahaaaah!

… also, no capsuleer organization has existed for anywhere near long enough to demonstrate longevity yet. We’re still several decades out from even beginning to demonstrate such matters.

1 Like

As a resident of Arcurio, I gotta say I’d rather pass on Capsuleer organised assistance patrolling my home streets. No matter which way you slice it, it’ll be political to somebody, and unless CONCORD offers huge favours to one particular Capsuleer organisation over others, their assets in this venture would be just as liable to attack by other pilots as the rest of their ■■■■.

Personally, I’m hoping for a joint task force between the State and Fed authorities rather then selling the rights to security to the lowest priced bidder.

2 Likes

Interesting times indeed. Personally, the stale old contentions and customary recriminations are wearying. Would any of our State cousins be interested in attending small, informal gathering to discuss ‘matters’? If nothing else we can glare at each other in subtle hatred until the screaming starts… again.

1 Like

sighs tiredly Decadent hedonist.

Time for you to call me a ‘Fascist Opressor’

2 Likes

Facist Misspeller! (2 'p’s in ‘Oppressor’, man, and I’m willing to bet you prefer people who have faces to those who were born without them. Sorry.)

1 Like

You are technically correct. The best kind of correct.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.