Call for Explanation from State Navy Forces

That is indeed because the suspect has fled to your people’s Thukker Tribe. Perhaps instead of being concerned about Caldari military buildup in response to the same from our neighbors that are responsible for allowing this suspect to escape, your organization should help alleviate the situation by convincing the Thukkers to turn this criminal over to the proper authorities so that he can be given his due justice after surrendering the information he has in relation to the Guristas Pirates.

3 Likes

Has anyone in the whole history of the Tribes convinced the Thukker to do something they do not wish to do?

And if so, could you send me a manual?

5 Likes

Convincing can include by force, so I’d argue Jamyl did that when she annihilated the Elder fleet.

That’s a way to stop the Thukker, which is a tad different.

Surely the difficulty should not preclude an attempt. It sounds like a reasonable proposal.

Ok, once more, with feeling.

My organization has no stake here. This thread is about Kyra Andile talking politics and asking for information.

Please stop trying to make it something else.

In this case I was not deploying a hidden barb. It seems to me like a good idea in the realm of possibility.

Whether it is in your interest, I can’t speak to, but if not I’m curious why.

1 Like

Should your organization wish to request the help of Electus Matari in solving an issue with a missing person, you no doubt know where to find us and how to put that request forward. Until then, please read again what I said above.

What was that supposed to convince the Thukker to do? Make even more long-term plans to do horrible things to the Amarr?

Firstly, the reason is obvious: A hostile foreign power placed large numbers of warships on stargates connecting to our border systems. The only logical response to such an incident is to mobilize and counter-deploy in order to destroy any hostile foreign warships that enter our territory.

Secondly, there is no navy in New Eden that has an obligation to be transparent towards anyone except the governments they serve. We did not ask for clarification when Fed Navy ships started massing. We simply assumed the worst and began preparing for it. Why do you think that you have the right to make such a demand?

7 Likes

Captain Andile’s request for clarification regarding the reasons for the deployment is a perfectly legitimate question considering the history of violations of the Federation’s territory by the Caldari Navy and associated constituents of the State Armed Forces, with numerous examples in recent times of such occurrences. Considering this, it becomes very much our business whenever a mobilisation of significance occurs within the State, as it has a clear effect on how we will choose to respond in the Federation. Due to the aforementioned history of invasion from the State, it is only reasonable to at the least politely request why the Caldari State has seen fit to amass an armada within striking distance of the Federation.

Honesty and communication of one’s intentions to another prevents incidents from happening along an already fraught border. The Federation has no interest in invading the Caldari State, but it has every interest in preventing further incursions into territory it has sworn a contractual obligation and moral duty to defend. Aggressive posturing and a commitment to opaqueness reassures no-one and only serves to heighten tensions at a time when they need to be allayed.

Too many lives have been lost due to absent communication in the past. It does not need to repeat itself here.

3 Likes

It is not, on account of the two points I have already mentioned. Firstly the reason why should be obvious to anyone intelligent enough to graduate from a Capsuleer training programme. Secondly capsuleers with a history of fighting on behalf of enemies may ask such questions but will not receive a response from any official. This leaves three options. The first option is that the question was motivated by ignorance, in which case I have explained it sufficiently. The second option is that the question’s actual purpose is posturing, in which case it is a waste of everyone’s time. The third option is that the thread’s purpose is to start an argument on a public forum frequented mostly by Capsuleers.

Presuming that the Megacorporations have the same intentions as the Caldari Providence Directorate is not exactly the best starting point for any form of international discourse.

Because the Federation did the same.

If the Federation was committed to allaying tensions they would not have made us form in the first place.

4 Likes

Leading your retort with an insult to the intelligence of those that have a vested interest in ascertaining why the Chief Executive Panel has issued orders to the State to mobilise (clarification: Captain Kyra Andile is from the Federation), least of all my own, reduces my desire to engage with you in any matter of seriousness. Although it is what I have come to expect of the calibre of capsuleers that the State produces these days, excessive aggression and hostility without the tempering of years of experience to recognise the benefit of communication by methods other than that of weapons fire.

Border incidents and violations have occurred long before the rise of the Provist Regime and afterwards, and considering the flippant and aggressive attitude the State continues to hold towards the Federation, they will likely continue for the foreseeable future. The Federation and it’s member states, least of all it’s people, have the absolute right to know why an aggressive nation is building up it’s forces on our doorstep.

Armed conflict is never in the Federation’s best interests and neither is taking a life of another without just cause. Our conduct carries the intention of the preservation of the wellbeing of our member states and their citizens, whereas the State’s conduct in recent years has been to lash out and bring untold misery to us. You’ll forgive the Federal Navy and Customs force for not wishing to be caught off guard again due to a surprise attack in a moment of great tension.

Such a moment would not be occurring had the Gallente Government had the due diligence and good faith to prevent Leopold from disappearing in the first place. If you truly value preventing tension and smoothing things over, I would have expected Gallente forces, capsuleer or not, to have attempted to extradite the criminal from the Wildlands already.

The fact that the Caldari State has made concerted efforts to hunt down our own traitor and the Gallente seemingly haven’t made a single modicum of effort to find theirs, which appears quite guilty and responsible of collaborating with Esri, or even being the cause of her defection is incredibly troubling.

At best it shows no interest from your Federation in behaving with good faith and at worst in certain lenses it makes the Federation look intentionally negligent and an accomplice of the Guristas Pirates for the sole purpose of damaging the Caldari State. At which point all out war is firmly inevitable.

If you truly want to undo this tension, your forces will bring Leopold in and allow the State Navy to interrogate him and then face the court issued punishment he deserves.

3 Likes

Firstly, yes, the rational thing to do would have been to ignore this nonsense entirely, since it was not a reasonable request. This is firstly because it was a demand rather than a request, secondly because the entity making the demand is not the Federal President or an envoy thereof, thirdly because the entity the demand is addressed to is not the Chairperson of the CEP and fourthly because the demand was made on a Galnet forum frequented mostly by Capsuleers when they get bored. However, dealing with all the misery caused by the Triglavians, EoM, Guristas and FDU has left me just irrational enough to occasionally take bait if it is obnoxious enough. That has nothing to do with my upbringing or my education, and everything to do with constantly having to fend off hostile outsiders or mitigate the damage caused by them, and thus not being receptive to outsiders demanding things from the Navy I served in.

Secondly, someone who deserts their own people when times are bad, and defects to the hostile foreign power chiefly responsible for those hardships, has no right to lecture anyone on their behavior.

Thirdly, after noticing your presence at the Malkalen Disaster Memorial the reticence to interact is mutual.

That is not what history teaches us.

And you’ll forgive the Caldari Navy for doing the same.

3 Likes

That is a distinctly bold assumption and accusation to make about a wanted criminal. Is there any evidence to back this up or are you just making wild claims because you can? I can’t say that I’ve seen anything to suggest this is the case, but if it is then every effort should be made to work with the Fed and State to rightfully return him for trial.

I’m glad to see you agree with me on so much. No, no Navy owes transparency to capsuleers. If they did, I wouldn’t have to request it, I could simply demand it. Nobody asked for clarification when the Fed raised the alert level, also true. You leave out of course, that nobody had to because they were upfront about it and gave clear parameters of the deployment to the cluster at large before the movement even happened.

As for your first, the reason isn’t obvious. If it is State belligerence as you suggest, then that is entirely on the state. Customs officers being raised to a high alert in systems distant from the border is no reason to amass on your neighbours borders. And even if it were, any sane officer would realize that communicating the movement so its in the open prevents potentially catastrophic misunderstandings and improves the safety of all involved.

Even if everything you say is completely correct and is 100% accurate, and the reason is obvious, it is still foolish to do so silently and without warning. The State plays with wildfire. Communication and transparency smooth over misunderstanding and prevent conflict. The State imperils it with their skullduggery.

So why do I have the right to make such a request? Because I am a citizen of this cluster, and one of its major empires is risking conflict through malice or ineptitude. Every one of us has a stake in the conflict and damage the State’s action risks. We all deserve to know the why of it. Its as simple as that.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but… which galaxy is it that you are a citizen of? Because it certainly cannot be the one that New Eden is in.

5 Likes

Per my sources. By all means, conduct your own cursory investigation though. It should be in everyone’s best interest for this spy and wanted criminal to be apprehended.

Things are getting spicy. Shame that I’ve got work to do for the Boss, and I’ll be sub rosa for a while.

Don’t you kids break anything while big sis is out of the house, now.
Wait till I get back <3

Sources easily available to any capsuleer confirm his last known location is indeed M-M.

Mind you this does not prove the Thukker have him or that anyone is holding him against his will. Great Wildlands is a great place to disappear to, if you need to disappear for a while.

1 Like