Can Ganking be done in lowsec?

Where are they now?

Githany seems to have learned nothing in all these years.

Yah, that’s what we are already doing hun.

I practically live in Uedama and Kubinen now…and never see you there.

Githany is a student of the Dracvlad style of not doing anything

Not seen you there myself, maybe your on an alt like me.

Anyway thought you was off looking for solo kills

Or trying to help SRS .

You missed a word but I understand why.

And don’t call me hun

Calm down hun.

1 Like

Ganked in lowsec? Absolutely. You entered a gate with basically the worst possible ship so you can’t really warp away or re-approach the gate so you die to the blob/swarm of ■■■■ that can easily get you even if you manage to jump to the other side.

Another solid definition? I’m not as familar with today’s mechanics but there was a time you’d shoot at the Covetor in the top belt and it lights a cyno for 10b ISK worth of stuff to come and kill you and jump away.

I’m glad they did away with the whole figher assist / skynet thing too

Lowsec is just like the other secs: flawed and special and unique to your preference and playstyle.

1 Like

Githany Gertrude Hun? :thinking: :smirk:

:smiling_imp: :blush: :innocent:

1 Like

I think most would differentiate lowsec gate camping from ganking. I have been gate camped in lowsec…I say I was gate camped, not that I was ganked. Otherwise you’d get to a point where all PvP could be labelled as ‘ganking’.

1 Like

Yes, I’m mainly playing under alts. Ironically, though the idea was to use them so I could have losses and not have them associated with Altara…the alts are actually doing better than Altara.

Yes, I’m after the solo kills in lowsec…but I am also going to take up highsec ganking again, which I have not done for some months. So if you’ve seen lots of Catalysts being flown to Uedama…that’ll be me.

I’m not involved with SRS. Wrecking Machine have scaled down the station bashing…which is one reason I’m looking for other stuff to do.

1 Like

Actually around… 2009? nullsec alliance leaders began to use the “ganking is not proper PvP” (still not dishonorable) when some incredibly highsec ganking killmails appeared. They were afraid of losing players (many wanted to try HS ganking) so they came out with that concept.

So basically all began with nullbears chickening out due to losing qualified capsuleers.

Whatever sweetie

3 Likes

It’s a right of passage, much like getting suicide ganked in highsec.

I would go as far to say that your truly not a denizen of low sec if you haven’t been gate camped.

1 Like

One’s first trip to lowsec is like coming across a big ’ Do Not Push This Button’ in space.

Was not always the case. Suicide ganking came into play after they took away our wardec fun.

I remember the old wardecs. Bring them back CCP!

2 Likes

Fair take. How about just any one-sided fight in general? Ganked?

1 Like

There’s no such thing as a one sided fight in Eve. There’s numerous things you can do to avoid ever having that fight in the first place. For example when moving expensive stuff or ships around I always scout ahead. I create bookmarks all over the place. I fit inertial stabilisers. Etc, etc, etc.

1 Like

This, right here.

Avoiding a fight, is perfectly acceptable tactics. And it’s a way to win the fight.

That’s one sided don’t you think?