Can we have ammo bay in ship?

Just because you are used to tedious does not mean you will become error immune. It happened to me twice in a day, while IIRC it’s not happened for a year.

And when it happens, and you know you did everything to prevent it, then you realize the tedious is just tedious, not a positiv thing. Like the insta BM, dscan, a lot of things that people consider “experience” are just tedious. It’s just overcome tediousness, which is not a good thing for the game when it’s the first things people need to do.

exactly.

No it’s not. Things that need to be done repeatedly are tedious. Overcoming tediousness is NOT a feature to be proud of : it’s being proud of hurting oneself.
No, the reasons to enjoy Eve are definitely not its tedious UI. This is just BAD for the game and people advocating for it are just Stockholm victims.

You need to take the change in the other way : if the game was not tedious, who would want that tedious to be added ? Nobody. Therefore, that tediousness is bad, since it benefits nobody.
It gives an illusion of experience for people who have very bad standards about themselves. It makes them think of themselves as “elite” while they are just masochists.

Its a bit funny that you can’t see that CCP has to please them, their customers. I think its debatable if tedious is desired by mainstay players or not. Much more reliable than even their mouths is if they stick with the game or not.

It is safe to assume rogulike and/or hardcore games are not your forté.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yet there is a demand for that as well. So although from your point of view as it contradicts your opinion / preferences you label such features as something wrong in reality it is a matter of perspective just as I’ve mentioned in my post.

Btw nobody said anyone will become error immune nor people should be just as not recalling your drones or waiting for them to return before warping off means you make a mistake and pay a price for it, and despite now a warning appears when you do that still if you do not stop your ship or it aligns quickly you will make the same mistake, thus despite it made the error more obvious to recognize even for new players even if they don’t consider the possibility right away still there is the possibility of pilot error and paying consequences for it. This is a fair thing and a good thing. Others probably disagree.

Again the question is if such serve the gameplay experience or not. You simply labeling something with whatever labels you come up with and pretend thus are objectively a wrong feature just shows you are overly emotional about the subject. Which on its own is no issue you simply dislike the fact you can face negative consequences for your own user error, which is the very point of the discussion if the game should include such or in this case this specific such feature.

But still instead of simply coming up with labels as if the feature was broken is a false premise. You can simply admit you hate it, which is clear to see and I don’t think anything will convince you otherwise, which is fair and no need to change your mindset if that is your favored preference then all good.

On the other hand difficulty even just for the sake of difficulty is a valid game mechanic since games exist. And with an extreme MMO example grinding is tedious so CCP should just rid of it and give a universal income to all or even free ships or whatever. Right? Yes some people suggested such in other threads so yes the dumbing down of the game is favored by some people. But would that serve the game? Or in general making everything 100% convenient would? …

Or this specific case: is the current system such a problem that it needs to be addressed or is it within the current aims of difficulty level the game should uphold? In other words: should it be expected of players to pay at least the slightest of attention to their cargo hold before and maybe after undocking / docking or should the game made yet another step simpler and streamlined where people are saved from their own mistakes and can get on with paying half attention.

So should the game lean towards more casual play (and probably appeal to a wider audience) or in this specific case not make that step?

So again what EVE should be about is the question then despite the subjective opinions whether one likes this feature or not it can be answered objectively if it will benefit the game or not, which answers if this QoL feature should or should not be implemented.

There is a difference between difficult and tedious.

korean MMOs are tedious, not difficult. some rogue like are difficult, not tedious.
In eve, it’s difficult and tedious.

Not for this kind of tedious.

But it does not. if you could auto refill your ship when you dock , removing that functionality would just be a hinder.

Which labels ? Which features ?

The Eve UI IS tedious. Doing simple things require a lot of actions to be done correctly in a specific order after a specific delay.
The issue with ammos being removed along your loot is just ONE of the multiple cases of tediousness in the Eve UI.

again : tediousness and difficulty are two different thins.

Having to move your ammos out of the loot is not difficult. Sorry to shatter your dreams, but there’s no pride in doing it correctly 100 times in a row.

I’m not saying that this implies ammo bay is mandatory. I’m saying, tediousness is NOT a quality, never.

Buy plex, sell them. What ? It’s ALREADY the case.

unrelated. The correct question is : should the game punish players for an error they are bound to make, and that requires tediousness in order to reduce the probability to make it ?

Unrelated. You are using difficult and tedious as synonyms, which they are not.
You can have a complex and non tedious game.
You can keep a lot of the eve complexity in the ships, modules, formula, activities, players interactions, while making the user interaction less of a chore.

Example : switching ammos on a cruise ship : you need to turn the weapon off, wait for it to finish cycle, +1s or even more, then right click select ammo. Then you wait for reload time, +1s, and then you can select your target again and activate gun again. With 10s reload, 12s cycle, that means you need to wait 12/2+1+10+1 = 18s just to change ammos. The sole action of changing ammos during a fight requires 18s in that case. That’s not difficult. That’s tedious. Imagine you could just change the ammo with right click gun, select ammo, and at the end of the cycle it automatically changes ammos and resume shooting the target…
It’s the same for cloaking MWD, for using insta BM. It’s not difficult to do, just need one vid to explain you. It’s just tedious.

Also it’s a part of the game where exactly bot shine. Because they shine at making tedious things without a mistake, while human on the opposite will do mistakes.

Sorry, but claiming that tediousness is a quality is just … nope.

In essence according to you based on the above description aiming for the head in counter-strike and performing it properly most of the time is just repeating tedious hundreds of times and is not part of the skillful play of the game instead is just tedious and the game instead should let you auto headshoot instead and let people focus on the tactics and whatnot.

This is like comparing starcraft which is both an action-strategy game with lots of clicking to more strategic and less action strategy games. The very point of SC is you have to be good with strategies and suddenly evolving your strategy while also have to be good at keeping with the fast paced micromanagement of your forces and where the match can be won or lost depending on your micro but also on your macro.

It seems you want EVE to be something it is not meant to be. Currently it is deliberately part of the fight to have to keep up with how long your gun will fire so and manage even those aspects of your ship not just in a tactical sense but in a fast paced management sense too like in SC, and also have to keep up with the tactical aspect of the battle itself including d-scanning for incoming reinforcement, keeping up with comms if you fight as part of a group and so on.

What you consider tedious and pointless is actually the very thing EVE is about, whatever labels you try to disqualify that is meaningless.

So still the question really is: how casual or not EVE should be.

There was no mention of counter strike in my post, therefore no this is not the essence.

Again you are using difficult and tedious as synonyms . They are not.

No.
Because tedious and difficult are not synonyms.
People don’t play it for it tediousness. Nobody does.

It is called an example. :wink: In hopes to illustrate the error in your thinking in a way you can consider it without being stuck in the original situation.

But anyway it seems you can’t get out of the mindset of labeling everything as tedious which you don’t like in a game, much like how probably you would find having to aim for the head in CS tedious and ask for a so called QoL change to make auto-aim for the head a thing or agree with such a request. Again just an example to demonstrate how ridiculous this thought is.

As for OP’s request I assume CCP will decide where they will go with the game, more casual or not, based on whatever goals they set up. Hopefully though they will not go full casual and keep some of the difficulty in the game which I assume is one of the reasons that made it successful for such a long time. We’ll see.

It’s a bad one.
A correct example would be : remove the auto rebuy from CS. Disable auto reload. Remove shortcuts to switch to knife. Remove team warning about flashbangs. Remove servers registration.
THAT would make the game tedious.

For SC, another example of tediousness would be to remove the auto fire or the chain of actions from units, or the grouping of units with a number.

Those would be good example of what is tedious in a gameplay and should be avoided.

It only appear ridiculous because you are using difficult and tedious as synonyms. They are not.
Tedious (as boring) is the opposite of “interesting” in a game. It prevents fun. You can get around it, but in the end, it’s just getting around a design flaw.

Unrelated. Again, tedious != difficult.
That’s a false choice fallacy you keep making. There is no opposition between difficult and not tedious.

Helpful tip for now: add ammo in cargo to your fitting. When you load your fitting it will automatically dump the ammo into your cargo bay.
FYI an “ammo bay” would typically be called a Magazine.

1 Like

Or you could do what I did when I started. After a few trips back for ammo, I smartened up and was more careful when dumping loot. Start at the bottom and slide the mouse up the stack till you reach the ammo and dump. Start just above the ammo and repeat. An extra 5 seconds should not slow down any pve’er. CCP has enough on their plate. Pack this idea away till CCP has nothing better to do…

Edit; And yes,

would be the correct word.

1 Like

Some folks keep covering their laziness by “improved” gameplay where manual game processes replaced by AI and take care of them, like in this thread. Next thing they call for your turrets autolock the target and pick up the right ammo from ammo bay, so they could finally layback and grab a beer in one hand and chips in second one.

1 Like

Just fly a droneboat then lol

They nerfed aggresive behaviour of your drones, you have to do that manually :again :woozy_face:

they undid that, since it had unintended consequences.

Also, the drone auto aggro still would have worked in PVP instances

1 Like

Oh, I’ve been so frustrated and probably missed that. Back to my old friend Dominix than, can grind lvl4’s again :wink:

I remember the days I put slaves and “exotic dancers” right next to scrap metal, asteroids and radioactive waste.

After reading something in another thd. Now I want a probe magazine. :upside_down_face:

Scripts, cap boosters etc. magazine plz.

1 Like