Can we have ammo bay in ship?

The guy mentioning you are not the best with logic might be onto something, obviously the video itself is just a joke, the point is a preflight checklis that can take less than 5 seconds to go throug before you click the undock button or at most 15 seconds if you have several entries.

Just like this guy explained:

Maybe try to think before you post… and also before you udnock as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

1 Like

I got my billy today and you?

1 Like

Sorry vet, you bet.

In a way, we already have ammo bays. Each gun has one. After every shot, a new round is loaded from the gun’s ammo bay. Every time you “load” a gun, you are actually dropping ammo into ammo bays. Its not a “magazine” like a hand held gun.

So. What to do? I have 2 ideas:

1. Add a “pin” feature to all items so that they can not be removed from cargo or hangars when pinned.

This will solve the problem of emptying your cargo and then having to remember to put the ammo back. Not sure if that is the OP’s actual problem or not.

But if the problem is he plain forgot to put ammo in at all, well, I am not sure how much a new separate, so marked ammo bay is going to help. I would not say its nothing though as having that bay so named becomes a mnemonic device and just a glance at it will help you remember. Even just its existence and use will etch it into your mind to keep it stocked.

But I think the easiest solution to what I believe is the OP’s problem would be pinning.

1. But if its actually just forgetting to ever load the ammo in the first place he should ask for a pop up reminder that he is undocking without ammo in cargo, the same as we have warnings of offline modules.
1 Like

still waiting or i forgot

I like the idea of pinning, however I do not like the idea of another pop up. I really think that forgetting ammo/drones is something that each individual player needs to work on (maybe store loot in a small can in cargo hold) and there really shouldn’t be time devoted to fixing a problem that already has several solutions. For example, when I am Sleeper ratting I bring a small standard container that I store all my blue loot in. Whenever I dock up I dump everything from the can into station. The cost of a can is virtually nothing and it only takes of 100m3 of space while providing 120m3.

1 Like

How in the name of god you think this pop up mechanics should work? So e.g. every undocked ship sjould be checked by server on the subject of ammo in its cargo bay. Or system should somehow check snd understand that your ship is fitted by weapon and requires an ammo? What if you have ammo loaded but it’s different type and/or min quantity you need but system checked you have ammo in bay so all good and let you undock without warning. What if you’ve changed guns from close range to long range but forgot to do that for ammo and system let you undock since you have ammo loaded. I can keep going.

1 Like

Could put red dots on the mods when they get low

1 Like

Thats partially ok for bullets hybrids and missiles, but amarr’s dudes gonna be outbalanced since loaded crystals in lazers would always mark as “all” good but faction/t2 version got % damages over the time and you have to manually check them everytime, plus you should have an extra sets of different colors just in case.
But meh, who cares of amarr’s problems ) Minmatar ftw

After this, good questions, but geesh, lighten up a bit Francis. How in the name of God? There might be problems/difficulties but lets not give up or get totally exasperated quite so fast.

Next, I offered 2 ideas. Would it kill you to say you liked one of them better? Or HELL, say anything positive at all? Is this forum dominated by coal miners and gas station attendants? FFS

Moving on…

I am a BIG proponent of player selected OPTIONS. And I really don’t like machines that do automatic processes UNLESS I specifically set it to do that process. At the very least, I want a button to shut off every automatic process that could ever occur. (You many have just figured out why I think a lot of Microsoft employees should receive torture. And my old comp just got an automatic invasive update for the worse too. Those A-holes).

So yeah. 1) What the sofware searches for in your cargo could be a programable feature. You could set it for ANY ammo/ crystals / charges, as well as a certain general amount, or certain ones only. You might also have it set to scan for typical ammo/ crystals with the fitted gun type. This could be just a CCP created list to check against, or again, something you program.

Need a different type or amount this time and forgot to reprogram? Or its not on the list as typical? Well, I was not suggesting this feature could be perfect. When up against human stupidity there is only so much computer software can do.

1. OR, even simpler, just a very simple pop-up that scans nothing but always asks you before undocking if you remembered to ammo up. And, of course, you can turn that off if you want.

If the goal is to make a list of stupid mistakes people are going to make no matter what, so could I. “Helpful” is really good enough.

1 Like

Thank you for saying something positive.

That said, I am no fan of pop-ups either and tend shut them off if I can.

My only issue with cans in cargo bay is that you cannot program them to be the place for loot to go when you press the “loot” button, nor be the place for the guns to load fresh ammo from.

I feel you on that, but my experience with people suggests that there are some hurdles some people are just never going to get over. It also suggests this is a common type of issue that they won’t. So I think its good for CCP to have them covered on this. Of course, it might be a smaller minority than I think. I cannot say for sure without a poll.

Incidentally, having a “charge bay” (for ammo, crystals, scripts, etc.) will be a HUGE help for those using ship maintanence bays, constantly having the problem of items that cannot be in cargo.

Can the cargo of the ships, inside the SMB, not hold anything?

1 Like

For ships to be loaded into the ship maintanance bay, they can only hold charges ( which includes scan probles.) It can be a real PITA.

Ah. I have yet another idea as the basis for a pop-up.

EVE Online now has a feature where new items are marked with a red dot. This feature could be expanded in two ways which, in conjunction, could help the OPs problem:

1. Don’t remove the red dots just for clcking the item once. Keep the red dot for a time after being clicked. This could be set by the user for anytime up to an hour for example. Or, even to disappear immediately or not even appear ever. This followed by:

2. A pop up will appear warning the pilot that new items (those with red dots) have been left in the hanger.

That would help a lot more than just the OP’s problem. Who has not fogotten to load new items into the cargo bay!?

Edit: To cut down on server use it may be necessary to tie all items in that hanger to one timer. Fair enough. If you are there looking at new items and click one, you should be aware enough of all of them. So whether you clicked them or not, the dot will vanish after the common timer runs out.

You don’t even have to click the items. Just hover over them with the mouse and the dot goes bye bye.

Maybe some blue or green dots for OP

1 Like

he is not forgetting ammo. He is removing ammo alongside the other loot.
Also happened to me several times. There are two solutions :

1. have a fit available in a chat so that you can clic the fit, clic “fit” to get rid of all the items and resplenish ammos. The issue is that the loot will then go all in your station hangar, and that if you have several ships / fits it will become quickly an hassle.
  2. open your ship hangar with shift + clic from the cargo window (alt C) and keep that window open at any time, with “compact mode” enabled and in “icons” view. This way what you loot will go below what you already have, so that when you dock you just shift click what you already had, reverse selection, drag to “loot” can. This also gives you the ability to quickly check your ammos

Stupid. It’s not IF but WHEN.

Unrelated. Your weapons won’t disappear because you docked and had to remove the loot from your cargohold.

A problem that everybody has. Just some people are too stupid to understand they have it.

here is my 2ct : ammo hold is 35 for frigs, 75 for des, 150 for cruiser, 300 for BC, and 500 for BS. Half of it is removed from the ship capacity. (so all frigate lose 17.5 from cargo but gain a total of 17.5)

depends on the size of the ammo ore.

salvaging catalyst does not take room.

This issue happened several times to me, while I did not lose anything specifically because of it, it would really be QoL update. preflight checklist won’t prevent human error, because … err, erro humanus est. FYI I don’t have preflight checklist but postflight ones. did not prevent me from removing one stack of ammos more than needed, and this stack of ammo was missing when I needed it.

The issue with preflight checklist is that it is tedious, therefore ruining the game.
The second issue is that it should be automated. That’s the job of a computer, making tedious things instead of the player (hence bots …)

1 Like

Sure but usually getting used to such and making a habit of overcoming them making them second nature thus eliminating the need to pay attention to them eliminating the tedium itself is what skillful play or at least becoming experienced with the game means, so it might be detrimental to the journey of a player to remove such minor obstacles in favor of spoon feeding and hand holding.

I trust you yourself see this is an overstatement that is not true. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is debatable, which is what is happening here basically. Some people find it being part of the “difficulty” or learning curve or the experience and getting more experienced with the game, while others find it pointless tedium. On their own merit both are true. The question is how simple and streamlined EVE should be, what should be the aim here, that will answer whether it would be a good idea to implewment this QoL change or if it would be detrimental to the intended gameplay.

2 Likes