Cannot stay connected for more than a few minutes D/C

DAY 8
CCP IS STILL BLOCKING MY ISP
CCP STILL DENIES PROBLEM THEY CAUSED ON EXTENDED DOWNTIME
CCP STILL MADE 0 EFFORT TO FIX THE PROBLEM THEY CAUSED DURING EXTENDED DOWNTIME

DO NOT PAY CCP FOR THIS TRASH

Please do me a favour, read Are you experiencing issues staying connected to EVE Online? and follow the instructions there.

In addition to the details there then we are in particular interested in knowing if these issue started on 8 May, or existed before 8 May (and got worse on 8 May). Please include this in your support request.

Also, have you looked at your connection with your ISP?

And your wireless connection if you are using a wireless network. I’m not kidding but Virgin Media users in the UK have had to upgrade from older 2.0a Virgin Media super hubs to newer 3.0 hubs to get games in general and EVE Online in particular to work.

Please include all this in your support request.

My dear Langbard Vafud, this is all completely incorrect as I have repeatedly stated in this thread.

You cant fix stupid.

No you haven’t. You say it’s my ISP. My ISP has zero issues. Only connecting to CCP servers is an issue.
You say it’s cloudflare. Most of the internet uses cloudflare. I have zero issues connecting to websites hosted on cloudflare.

The reason this issue persists, and the reason the problem ONLY EXISTS WITH CONNECTING TO CCP, and the reason that it only started after the extended downtime is because of the changes you made at extended downtime.

You haven’t fixed the problem yet because you don’t even understand you’re the cause of it.

End of day Friday update:

We here at CCP have tirelessly been keeping WOW! and Cloudflare updated on this issue all week and how it is impacting you, EVE Online players at WOW! Internet.

Current status is that we at CCP are in contact with multiple people at WOW! at all levels of the company, have an open support ticket with Cloudflares’ Enterprise Support, and we have been bridging communication between WOW! and Cloudflare. Both WOW! and Cloudflare confirmed this afternoon that they are now in direct contact, diagnosing and trying to resolve this issue, which is a network routing issue between WOW! and Cloudflare.

Please send both us and WOW! a support ticket with details.

EVE’s Customer Support confirmed today that the only pattern to these disconnect issues are customers of WOW! Internet. Some very few other players are also experiencing disconnects and we want to hear about your experience in a support ticket (see Are you experiencing issues staying connected to EVE Online? if you are not a WOW! customer) but those issues are more localised.

To WOW! customers then I want to mention that using a VPN will resolve your issue; it has been confirmed by multiple players. VPN-ing out of WOW!'s network to just about anywhere (towards London) means you avoid the network routes that are broken at the moment. See https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203629415-VPN-and-Proxy-Use for details.

We here at CCP continue to work on this issue on your behalf.

Long-lived TCP connections against a real-time simulation on the one hand and short-lived HTTPS connections to a website on the other hand are two very different things.

EVE is very frugal on network bandwidth but doesn’t tolerate well packet loss, excessive latency or timeouts, since the universe simulation has moved on. Also see my comment above about issues Virgin Media users in the UK have had.

I never said it was your ISP, as I have repeatedly stated there is a verified network routing issue between WOW! and Cloudflare that both companies are deeply engaged in resolving. Everyone is committed to fix this.

My disconnect Problem has returned. I am not able to connect and stay connected after down time this morning.

1 Like

I traced my route and I didn’t go through either one of those nodes but am still having a problem connecting to the tranquility server - Wow customer … everything went bad last Friday.

Same here … I actually had good connection Wednesday and Thursday then this morning, everything went bad again.

I agree with Langbard … there is something that CCP has done on these last two Fridays to cause this conflicting issue with the folks who use WOW. Again, we didn’t have these problems prior to last Friday. And I personally actually had a good connection on Wednesday and Thursday this week. That good connection happened after CCP made some kind of push on Wednesday morning. Then this morning … everything went to crap again; I can’t stay connected for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. If this is a WOW issue then why have we had good connections up until this point (last Friday)?

Sorry … one last thing … yet again, I can’t even login to the support ticket system to update my ticket information. It’s just frustrating to be paying for 3 accounts (with additional purchases) that I can’t even use for like the last week.

1 Like

No, we at CCP did not. It is very literally a change that WOW! and Cloudflare made on 13 May at 06:00 UTC. I’ve since heard that fix broke again.

@Sumlayen_Chanlin & @Kalindian_Aurgnet: Please update your support tickets with fresh traceroutes (or create new support tickets if the previous ones have already been closed).

And please namedrop me in the support ticket since I want to see the details.

Will do when the system comes back up.

I’m in the exact same position as Kalidian. Everything went down for me on Friday, and then it seemed to come back up on Thursday. However, today still I cannot stabilize connection to the server for an extended period of time it seems. It is worth noting that in the beginning of this problem I was unable to connect for more than seconds at a time whereas today I am getting 15-20 minutes before it disconnects me from the server. Whatever WOW! did on Thursday seemed to be a fix, but as previously stated said solution must have fallen through.

Still getting disconnected through a VPN on session changes and pvp. My 3 month sub is up in a week. Im just going to move on. Just started getting back into the game. But its not worth the frustration. The servers are not the quality they used to be. Im guessing they downgraded when they sold eve.

It looks like for me at least the disconnects have subsided!

4 hours connected with no issues and no VPN required.

Thank you very much for not giving up on this issue!

ISP: WOW Central Ohio USA

2 Likes

Same here northeastern ohio, it has hiccuped here and there but for now I am actually able to play.

1 Like

I am not able to put in a support ticket

Funny how CCP blames our ISP when everything was perfectly fine until extended downtime. Then Blamo! all the issues… what a joke!

Their solution? Pay more per month for a VPN, we don’t care. I could understand a few days of having this problem but here we are going on over a week? Got to be kidding me…