Since the Extended Downtime on 8 May where we made significant changes to our network infrastructure aimed at hardening the cluster against future DDOS attacks, we have been closely monitoring our services for any connectivity issues player might be experiencing.
One problem affecting a limited group of players that surfaced was an issue with maintaining a stable connection to EVE for pilots using WOW! Internet as their Internet Service Provider (ISP). Our network partner is actively investigating this matter and more information can be found here.
While we do not have a reason to believe that there is another case similar to this, we do want to validate that by asking you for feedback. If you are not a WOW! customer and are currently experiencing difficulties staying connected to EVE Online, please:
- Comment in this thread and let us know since when you are experiencing problems
Create a support ticket with the following information (please do not post them here):
- Your public IP address that you are connecting from
- Your Internet Service Provider
- Your geographical location (city, state, country as applicable)
- Traceroute / tracert to tranquility.servers.eveonline.com
- Traceroute / tracert to 18.104.22.168
- Any other details or screenshots of the problem
Moreover, players encountering persistent connection problems might want to consider using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to see if that can temporarily help. Please check our helpdesk article to learn more about that does a VPN do.