Cannot stay connected for more than a few minutes D/C

The disconnects continue today (Day 8).

Hi!

Iā€™d like to report that as of today, I am stable with WOW! Internet in Columbus, OH.

Letā€™s hope it holds.

Thank you, CCP for working so tirelessly on this situation for us. Iā€™ll buy a Platinum pack as thanks.

-SOC

2 Likes

Having the same issuesā€¦glad WOW! internet is still as terrible as always.

I like to report that as of yesterday and I finally have a stable connection on WOW in central Michigan.

1 Like

Well. Here the same. Central Europe. I am finally docked and wonā€™t undock anything of value in the next hour after these 15-ish disconnectionsā€¦ Hopefully I just lost a set of Sisters probes so far.

Day 9 of constant disconnects ā€¦

Well. This is indeed interesting : this occurs with one of my characters only.

Now it is impossible for me to tell if the problem is indeed local (cache affected) or if some systems are the cause or any other variable is the cause.

Unfortunately for myself the connection issues today (Monday) and yesterday are far worse than they were towards the end of last week when it looked like an end may be in sight. Starting to get pretty disappointing considering this is day 11 for me.

I really hope CCP is truly doing everything in their power to fix this. I know you all are blaming these 2 third partiesā€™ connection with one another as the issue, and I am not trying to say that this is untrue. Also however, from a our point of view, CCP made a change to the game during a patch that made the server inaccessible to a group of its paying customers. I hope that sentence isnā€™t taken lightly. Many of us have contacted WOW! about this as several have mentioned previously in this forum, including myself, and have heard no response. In fairness to WOW! though, what are they really supposed to do with such an oddly specific request from an individual customer?

Please understand that we as players are trying to be patient, but the fact that this has gone on for so long makes it hard to believe that the right resources are being put into this.

Same issue here. i cant even make it 5 minutes most times. Iā€™m on WOW! internet service as well. one of the technicians i talked to thought it could be that i have Gb internet, but am not using a DOCSIS 3.1 router. itā€™s getting delivered tomorrow, so weā€™ll see.

Monday afternoon update:

We are still working with Cloudflare on this and you should be getting replies to your CCP support tickets shortly with a request from Cloudflare for more information.

We are also working with WOW! on this matter and they just said in an email to me:

If your customers havenā€™t already, could you have them call in to WOW to report their problems and include traceroutes to the affected sites?

That would be a traceroute to 172.65.201.188

Update:

When they call into the Call Center (866 496 9669), please have them reference PRB0043017 in relation to this issue.

Can you please provide the specific contact information for the people youā€™re speaking with so that we can refer who we talk to on the phone to who you are talking too? A number and extension or something so that we can make sure everyone is on the same page?

Added above.

Excellent!

Glad to hear that, hope it stays that way!

Thatā€™s good to hear!

Thank you!

I will be very interested to hear if the router change will help. We have indeed seen this with Virgin Media users in the UK that some older routers need to be replaced.

Please update your support ticket with these details. I believe CCPā€™s Customer Support has seen something like this before and has some tricks up their sleave. At least, if you were being affected by remote network issues, that would be affecting all your characters.

Sorry to hear that; did you get an update today on the support ticket you sent us, with investigation details that Cloudflare requested?

My support ticket with CCP has not been updated with Cloudfare instructions. I will be glad to get the information Cloudfare is requesting if you will send me what they need. My open support ticket is #1219602.

no router changeover yet. but iā€™ve had a stable connection for the last 6 hours.

Same issue - but I am in Australia - bit weird being asked to contact an American (?) ISP to resolve a connection issue after the ping leaves our local node for foreign shores ā€¦

WOW! Internet customers who are still impacted; can you do an experiment for me and report back if this changes anything, please?

Be default then the EVE Client connects to Tranquility on port 26000 (this is known as the ā€œQuake portā€). But we also have backup port on 3724, which can be activated manually (this is known as the ā€œWOW portā€ where the reference is World of Warcraft and not WOW! Internetā€¦). We normally use this for customers where port 26000 is completely blocked outbound.

Please locate the prefs.ini file. You will normally find it in C:\Users\YOURPCUSERNAME\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility\settings_Default\ or a similar location on your computer.

• Make a copy of this file for safe keeping.
  • Open this file in a text editor, such as Notepad, and edit the last line port=26000 to port=3724
  • Donā€™t change anything else and donā€™t add empty lines or line breaks.
  • Save and close the file.

Start the Launcher, log in, and press the play button. Do you still get disconnected or is the stability better?

On Mac the prefs.ini file is probably under /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Eve Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE somewhere.

Please go and read Are you experiencing issues staying connected to EVE Online? - #2.

This thread is for customers of WOW! Internet in the US but the thread I linked is for other players.

my issues seem to be resolved. i have had 2 days in a row without disconnections.

1 Like

Iā€™m very glad to hear that. To update you all on the current status then this is my latest reply to Cloudflare (and copied to WOW! Internet):

To update you on the latest status: A few players came back to us saying that starting from Wednesday the connection got much better. Then starting from Friday there are no disconnects for those players who replied to us.

We here at CCP made no changes on those days.

Can you tell us if Cloudflare made any changes on either of those days (20 and 22 May) or if Cloudflare and WOW! jointly made some changes, such as peering in ORD/Chicago?