Can't access monitor settings

So I had my laptop hooked up to a 49 inch 5120/1440 monitor, which I disconnected because I needed to go out. Unfortunatly, my laptop monitor is 1920x1080 so I lose a lot of screen realestate. This means when I open the client and press escape, all of the settings are off-screen.

Is there an ini file somewhere that I can change the resolution manually so I can play the game? Thank you,

Unfortunately, the login window cannot be moved or I would just drag it into view to modify the settings.

maybe this will help

C:\Users\ Windows Account Name\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility\settings_EveProfileName\core_public_.yaml

Open that file with a text editor, such as notepad.

Note that changing the resolution under the full screen or windowed resolution sections seems to change the resolution set in the drop down box, but not the actual resolution of the client. Once I also changed the back buffer resolution, then it finally worked.

Beautiful. Thank you.

Yea, I used the tool. It did nothing at all. Apparently changing the settings changed the defaults, it doesn’t create a new profile and adjust that one and leave the defaults untouched so they can be restored later. Which would make the profile tool useful.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.