Capital ships is a joke... Round 2

Exactly this.

I could get 5 random pilots from Jita and stick em in any battleship you choose, we would all die to that fleet of supers.

You could find 5 capital pilots that would take that BS fleet apart without blinking.

This is all part of why eve is so deeply engaging, at least for me. There isn’t an “I win” ship type, or class. There isn’t even a meta that can’t be beaten with the right counter.

Success at the higher levels of piloting is at least equally about knowing how to use the tools you have as it is what those tools happen to be.

Complaining that folks without a strategic understanding of the game can’t beat a highly skilled group flying a well crafted doctrine is just madness.

4 Likes

Respect to the team that survived them, it reminded me somewhat of what RnK was able to manage, pulling a stunt like that against all (normal) odds. In this case the cap pilots were not up to the task, as the video in your other (closed !) thread also showed.

What’s next ? 6 cruisers shouldn’t be able to survive a battleship ?!

ISK should never come before brains in a game like ours. It would take the fun and the challenge out. Let big and dumb remain just that…

1 Like

Such a good scripting.
It does encapsulate some strictly
rational philosophy and thinking.

Could skills involve more naturally?
Hopefully someone will look into that.

Yes, but you would die a lot.

I see it as kinda like the military, you get a good leader/FC and they train you faster than you could ever learn alone.

Finding a good corp is the hard part. I was lucky.

1 Like

5. Re-opening locked topics is prohibited.

Recreating or re-opening a thread that has been closed by a moderator is prohibited. Threads that have been closed by a moderator have been closed for the benefit of the community. Re-opening a locked thread will result in its removal.

Closed.

2 Likes