Capital ships is a joke

officer_toilet_paper

7 Likes

And? Price isnt direct show the power.
90% of marshal price is BPO.
90% of cap ships price is materials.

its better like this, do you know how aids it would be if they where immune to pistols? and besides it only takes 1 troop with an rpg to destroy a tank, although I don’t see a single frigates with an rpg that does 4k dps.

In all fairness those 7-8 hecate’s are doing the same damage as a sieged dread so yea it seems fine.

there is plenty of videos of good pilots 1 vs 70 in low using dreads btw
spoilers
they die at the end most of the time but they take more than the price of the ship with them

3 Likes

Bombers, no?

A single bomber cant solo a cap.

Indeed. I remember a gang of bombers that all died to an afk carrier.

Fighter mechanics were different then. But a funny read.

1 Like

The Death-Star was killed by a single X-Wing.

This should be enough reason for you to stop crying but i´ll take the time to tell you that it is a core game mechanic of eve that smaller ships can hurt larger ships while those ships often cant fight back efficient.
This mechanic ensures that almost any ship in eve has some power and is worth to consider it being used.
Its cool that a frig can hurt a bs or cap if there are enough players together.
If it wasnt like this eve would be a boring capshipsimulator with every other ship being garbage.

PS: Its also important cause a newb can be useful at day1 in eve. In a frig.

PS: Sorry wanted to reply to the first poster not makshima…

2 Likes

What are you even talking about, I like that smaller ships can take on bigger ship’s but drones in general from bigger ships decimate smaller ships like its nothing.

If you don’t believe me take a bomber and try hunt a gila the drones will tear you to shreds and even while the guy is afk.

like i posted above the reply wasnt to your post

1 Like

Yah, so an expensive, poorly fitted cap can, and should, die to small ships that are piloted/fitted correctly.

3 Likes

Do you remember the USS Stark? A tiny little plane firing only two missiles blew it up. A couple of torpedoes can sink an aircraft carrier. At midway, a single dive bomber sunk the Akagi, a Japanese carrier. A handful of infantry can destroy tanks with the right tools. (Private Ryan comes to mind with the sticky bombs). I can on, but there really is no point. Eve is a game, its premised not on what is “real” but rather, what is “fun.” But if you think that pipsqueaks killing capital ships is unrealistic, then you are sadly mistaken.

4 Likes

It was a frigate class ship hitted by 2(!!!) antiship missiles. What you expect? And it’s not eved sinked.
IRL battleships and carriers (not figates or destroyers!!!) was very hard to kill.

I agree, but even a game should be friendly with logic. at least as close as possible.
And current situation with cap not even close to logic at all.

You miss the point - the Stark was worth a couple hundred mil. It was killed by a single guy firing a missile worth maybe a mil. Since the introduction of torpedoes and missiles - any carrier and battleship can suffer the same fate. There is a reason why there have been no new battleships built since WWII. There is a reason why carriers require huge screens of other ships to protect them. No real carrier goes around solo shooting up little ships.

In short the suggestion that a gang of properly equipped spaceships cant kill a carrier just because its a carrier as its anti-realistic, actually ignores reality.

3 Likes

Stopped reading at the underlined. It’s like strawman is the default mode for most of the people posting here.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I not suggest complete invulnerability to small size ships.
But i’m better agree with invulnerability than with disability to do anything against them.

Okay, I see your point, but in this instance, it wasn’t me creating a straw man argument, but instead me being lazy, and not feeling like looking for sources. Truth is, many individuals have complained on the forums over the years about capitals not being able to trounce less expensive ships. For example, this guy was pissed that he wasn’t able to kill Sutonia in a retribution with his carrier.

I also swear to batman that someone once said that capitals should be trump cards, but can’t find the post. So, I can only assume that they deleted it.

3 Likes

I do dislike how fast you was killed by such a small gang of destroyers but guess what you undock with NO tank in a capital you just clicked the i wish to die button. A DC and reactive harder is NOT A TANK.

I think you need to take this death and learn you undock with NO tank you are asking to be an easy gank capital or not. You can get away with a no tank ratting carrier IF you have good intel or a support fleet close by able to quickly come help. If you lack both fit a tank or don`t undock unless you are willing to lose it.

2 Likes

Ok, let’s imagine he had a tank? And?
He just died x2, x3 times later.

So again. Carrier cant protect himself from even a quiet small gang of frig size (except bombers, i can agree that bombers kill a carrier). And it’s absolute dumb.