Capsuleer Day Clash - EDENCOM Production Facility

Probably one of these options

• a) the rest of us would find some additional wrecks to salvage
  • b) the lazy ones would sit it out and cry about it
1 Like

They should do an Alpha ONLY, destroyer and down site that runs more like the old static 1/10 and 2/10 sites.
Keep them in HS and have slightly increased spawn rates near rookie systems.
This would allow new players a chance at some of the rewards and to get familiar with how CCP structures things.
I donā€™t know any event in the past two years that was actually new player friendly.
Instead of an all out attempt at destroying player assets by making sites way too hard for new players, and payouts way too low for the time and risk, CCP needs to do something more for new players if they want them to stick around long enough for them to develop into better pilots able to make their way.
Put an age limit on the pilots for these sites and keep the rewards out of the range that they become farming sites but high enough that a new player who loses a few T1 ships can recoup.

7 Likes

@Shipwreck_Jones Do you mind to share your fit to help us noobs a bit? :nerd_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m dual boxing and have really good skills, but hereā€™s a modified version of my fit. Itā€™s more forgiving for lower skill players, and will work great if you can find a friend. The downside is that it is rather pricey at 300 mil (Triglavian ships generally cost more), and, of course, it requires a friend or the ability to dual box.

Of course, Iā€™m sure that there are some cheaper fits that will work, but I havenā€™t even looked at anything else, let alone tested it.

[Drekavac, *Drekavac]

Damage Control II
Energized Thermal Membrane II
Energized Explosive Membrane II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Reactive Armor Hardener

X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Large Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II

Medium I-ax Enduring Remote Armor Repairer
Heavy Entropic Disintegrator II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump II

Valkyrie II x7
Warrior II x9

Occult M x1500

Note the C-type dedspace variants of the Energized Membranes are rather cheap if you go to Jita (should be under 5 mil each). So they can save you some CPU and give you a scoach more tank. Also, donā€™t forget to bring an MTU

3 Likes

So it should be that going solo with ~112hp/s tank I can solo this on any BC?

1 Like

Hey man, can you share a fit or tell us what you EHP/s regen was?

Okay, hereā€™s a cheaper gnosis fit (should be under 100 mil). It still requires a friend, and will likely require some cap management on your part. But it should tank the site comfortably. Paper DPS is low, but having two guys will make up for it. Moreover, the rats in this site tend to move slow and have fat sigs, so youā€™ll have really good damage application.

The two most important rats to kill will be anchoring (scram) and starving (neuts). This will help keep your tank on, and allow you to skedaddle if things start going pear shaped. Just align together, verbally ensure scrams are clear, and have the squad leader initiate warp (set up a warp out tab on your overview if you donā€™t already have one [moons and planets, nothing else]). You donā€™t want to leave one guy left behind because he was scrammed.

The fit has two local reps and a remote armor rep. You should be able to perma run two reps, but lower cap skills and neut pressure will likely prevent you from being able to perma run all 3. This means that youā€™ll have to manage your reps, but itā€™s not hard. The main thing is that you need to be paying attention. Having voice comms with your partner and being able to hear your armor and capacitor alarms will also help out a lot. You can probably just leave both local reps running, and turn the remote rep off and on as agro switches.

Anyway, this is likely overtanked, but I donā€™t know the minimum viable tank and would rather err on the side of caution.

[Gnosis, Capsuleer Day Clash]

Medium I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
True Sansha Armor Thermal Hardener
Reactive Armor Hardener
Medium I-a Enduring Armor Repairer

Large Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Parallel Enduring Target Painter

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile
Medium Remote Armor Repairer II

Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump II

Valkyrie II x5

Do note that the faction Thermal Hardener is only about 5 mil, and frees up some CPU (it gives no bonus to tank). You can roll with a T2 variant if you donā€™t need the CPU.

2 Likes

Does that mean that a drake navy will be good for these sites, I have been working on a fit but havenā€™t tried a site yet.

1 Like

I always go by EHP/s and not HP/s, because your resists play a large roll in how strong your tank is. Anyway, I had about 450 EHP/s versus a 15% | 45% | 15% | 25% damage profile (415 EHP/s against a uniform profile), but that was overkill. You can likely get away with less, but I donā€™t know how much less.

Note that you can switch between HP and EHP in pyfa and the in-game fitting tool. However, the in game tool always uses a uniform damage profile, while pyfa allows you change between various pre-set and custom made damage profiles.

2 Likes

Sharcy said they used a DNI, so it should work. Unfortunately, he didnā€™t share a fit.

[Drake Navy Issue, Drake Navy Issue]
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II

Large Shield Extender II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Medium Shield Booster II
Medium Shield Booster II
10MN Afterburner II

Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

What I have managed to make (not tested) it requires you take out neuts first though by the looks of the cap with my skills, but idk if it will actually run them solo (also spare high slot Iā€™m not sure what to put in it) also no drones yet. 700 DPS but not tailored to trig resists

1 Like

Flew in with a 300mill fit myrm. By the last few waves I had to fly in another myrm on my second account to save my own ass. Shouldnt need two account or a billion isk fit to run sites that are supposed to be a celebration. I donā€™t see even half the player base being able to run these solo without breaking the bank

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s enough tank. Hereā€™s an alternate fit. NOW, TO BE CLEAR, I DONā€™T KNOW IF THIS FIT HAS ENOUGH TANK, but it has more tank and cap, so Iā€™d feel more comfortable recommending this one.

[Drake Navy Issue, Drake Navy Issue]

Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener II
Large Shield Booster II
Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
Shield Boost Amplifier II

[Empty High slot]

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Anyway, I swapped the Shield Extender for another Shield Hardener. Since the LSE isnā€™t being multiplied by any Core Defense Field Extender Rigs, you barely lose any EHP, and get a nice boost to your EHP/s.

I also swapped the two medium shield boosters for 1 large shield booster and another Cap Recharger. It gives about the same amount of repping power, and better cap stability. I also swapped the prop mod for a Shield boost Amplifier to give you even more repping power. As long as you arenā€™t competing for sites with someone who is kiting, you wonā€™t need the prop mod. Finally, I swapped a Ballisctic control System for a Missile guidance enhancer. It frees up a nice chunk of CPU, and improves your damage application. It looks like you will lose some applied DPS against the cruisers, but the better application will make you do about the same amount of damage against the frigs.

Anyway, this fit gets about 260 EHP/s against a 15% | 45% | 15% | 25% damage profile. You can get about 4 and half minutes of cap stability with max skills and 2 starving vedmaks, but your actual mileage can vary wildly.

2 Likes

I went out in my Drek before I came to forums and saw your post. Came across a BC wreck in site, but site was mostly completed. I think I got the last two Rodivas and their loot. Best loot was a 5 mil booster. Blasted the abandoned MTU and as @Chan_aar implied, got some extra loot out of it :smiley:. Couldnā€™t find another site before had to log.

Thanks for your post, pretty helpful. I may modify my fit tomorrow slightly based on your observations.

2 Likes

Tried this event.
My conclusion: garbage.
Me, as a pilot with 250m + sp, and nice shipā€¦ I struggled and in the end, I lost my ship.
So, seems like solo is super super difficult. And reward is quite rubbish to bring one more mate to clear site.
So, absolute useless stuff.
Endless spawn, always scrumbled, always energy drained, half of time webbed.
Pointless ā– ā– ā– ā–  as most of last events. Either itā€™s borring, or impossible to complete solo. And as for group, reward is not worthy.

Sorry, but thatā€™s my opinion.

8 Likes

He actually has much more knowledge than you do, like literally everybody participating in EvE Uni.

If you believe you have to be ā€œrichā€ to buy a fit capable of doing these sites, you are seriously one of the worst player EvE has ever seen. And itā€™s really honnest, like, Iā€™m not trying to trashtalk you particulary with this one. This is a ridiculously small amount of ISK.

You canā€™t pretend that you ā€œknowā€ things about the game if you believe that 300M ISK is hard to get. Thatā€™s just pathetic.

Back on the actual topic. I havenā€™t tried to do them with a group yet, does anyone have any info about any change? More NPC, bigger ships? Or no change at all when several people enter?

2 Likes

Anyone knows why drekavac is good for this and why dualbox and not solo ? OP ? ty

1 Like

More data on that: I tried a dual i-a rep hurricane with 285 ehp/s, that turned out to be a smidgen too low for the boss group. I very slowly ran out of tank, and I dare say Iā€™d have won if I had T2 guns or T2 reps. For everything before that, I only had to pulse the second rep once or twice when I got a bunch of kikis all at once.

2 Likes

I did one site solo with this Hurricane, the last cruiser warped off before I could kill it.
Also, the last wave brought my armor and repping to the limit, I did overheat both reps and guns.

To try:

• will 425mm autocannons can kill the cruisers a bit faster without loosing on the frigs
  • will a replacement of the Trimark Armour Rigs against repping rigs help in the repping without loosing to much buffer.

I lost one drone in one site, after that I did not use them anymore.
Also, I did not really use the AB, might be perhaps changed to some more useful.

[Hurricane, SƤusel]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II

Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
10MN Afterburner II
Large Cap Battery II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II
Armor Command Burst I

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Warrior II x4

Armor Energizing Charge x1174
Rapid Repair Charge x900
Barrage M x9172
Hail M x6346

2 Likes

Trig vessels are more expensive than the ships of the 4 major empires, but they tend to make up for it in power. In fact, some have argued that theyā€™re OP.

Regardless, the Drekavac is particularly suited to this event because (1) the event is limited to battlecruisers, (2) the Drekavac does between 500 and 1,200 DPS depending on Spool time, (2) Entropic Disintegrators have the best tracking out of the turrets in their size class, (3) do thermal and explosive damage, which trigs are weak against, (4) has enough range that you can easily hit all rats with max damage ammo without moving, and (5) get a 4% bonus to resistances per level.

Then on top of that, they get a bonus to remote rep range and cap usage, which makes them excellent for spider tanking. This allows players to move tanking mods out of their lows, and put them into their highs -which, in turn, frees up more low slots for other stuff. So, they are particular good for buddies and multiboxers.

Now, I know you can solo these sites because Iā€™ve seen people soloing them, but you might need to put a little bling on your ship to be able to do them safely. Personally, I can dual box, so I dual box. It increases my isk efficiency and allows me to fly cheaper ships.

Speaking of which, trig ships allow me to tie up more of my ship value into the hull, as opposed to the mods. And I like putting more value into the hull, rigs, and implants for loot denial purposes.

Anyway, trig ships are currently the bees knees. Theyā€™ll probably see some nerfs at some point, but Iā€™m unsure when that will happen. Personally, I think they are worth training into even with the possibility of a nerf looming over our heads, but you should be aware that this is a possibility before investing in them.

On a side note, we have some new ships and weapons coming out soon. CCP has a history of making new ships a little above the power curve, and giving them time to shine, before bringing their power more in line with the rest of the ships. Thus, they will likely be worth training into early.