Capsuleer Day Clash - EDENCOM Production Facility

• EDENCOM Production Facilities show up as a combat anomaly in the probe scan window (no scanning required).
  • Multiple sites can spawn in a system, or none at all can.
  • Respawn rate seems low. Quickly found 4 sites after DT. Went out later, found 5 sites in 22 jumps.
  • Not sure what overview entity the rats fall under. Select the whole category and you’ll be fine (Overview Settings --> Tab Presets (Tab) --> Types (Subtab) --> Entity (Category) --> Right Click --> Select All).
  • No hunting capsules, hacking, or anything, just combat.
  • Event site is gated. Battlecruisers only.
  • Rats warp in in waves (no triggers, Semi Random Timing, Semi-Random Sizes)
  • Waves consist of 1-5 ships, and include anchoring and starving Trigs (scram and neuts)
  • Rats are about an even mix of frigs, destroyers, and cruisers
  • The most dangerous spawn might be getting two starving vedmaks, which can neut about 33 GJ/s (10% more than 2 unbonused T2 medium neuts). Aside from this possible spawn, site is much easier than emerging conduits. Number of rats on grid tend to be less, but the neut pressure can occasionally be much worse.
  • Total number of NPC’s will be around 30
  • Most rats orbit well within web range. The Rodiva likes to orbit right on the edge. A meta + decayed mutaplasmid web should be enough to web him down. Regardless, if you have at least a 10k optimal, you can just post up on your MTU (you don’t need a prop mod).
  • The last wave of rats will be of the “Viovode Jarognik” variant. They have a chance to drop goodies. Other rats drop generic EC loot minus the mutaplasmids (i.e. generic mission loot + Red Loot [Triglavian Survey Databases- sell these in DED stations for 100k a pop] + Abyssal Filaments).
  • Out of 8 sites run:
    • 50% to get an Agency Booster
    • 12.5% to get a Basic Accelerator (+4 to attribs for 48 hours with Biology V)
    • 50% chance to get a Capsuleer Day XVII skin (they look okay)
    • Random other crap like fireworks and trinary data streams (lore item)
  • Had an active rep of approximately 450 EHP/s and the rats didn’t even scratch the paint. Of course, I also had a lot of DPS to clear them quickly.
  • I haven’t plugged the combat logs into a spreadsheet, but I’d imagine the damage profile is similar to that of invasion content (15% | 45% | 15% | 25%). Obviously, Thermal and Explosive resists are the most important, but incoming damage profile can vary depending on the spawn, so don’t leave any resist holes.
  • No bounties, No site Payouts, No LP. Generic loot resembles EC loot
  • Loot value is about 15mil per site. A pair of high-skill, T2-fit Drekavac’s can complete approximately 6 sites per hour (includes travel time). Estimated isk efficiency: ~100 mil/hr (Do realize I’ve only run 4 sites so far, so this is a small sample size).

Alright, I think that’s it.

Meh. Wish accelerators dropped more frequently and that sites respawned faster. There’s supposed to be another version of the site outside of highsec, so those are probably more worthwhile.

29 Likes

Well, thank you, mate

2 Likes

So are we still fitting RLMLs (Frig sized) ? or can we use something bigger? HAMS HMLS ii with Precision

There’s about an even mix of frigs, destroyers, and cruisers. So, medium sized missiles should do better here than they would in EC’s.

1 Like

I’m using a DNI with HAMs and medium drones. The only issue with that is if another player is on site and targeted, then range becomes an issue.

1 Like

In other word unnecessarily hard ■■■■ where need to fly expensive blinged ships with friends if you have any to make a little isk as possible. Im starting to see a pattern here, like Abyssal space fly a 300+ gila or coundits in a 300+mill gila/sunesis. Hard ■■■■ in where you need expensive ■■■■ but it pay´s out almost less than level 4 missions.

These event are for the wallet fat people.

5 Likes

BTW Great write up Thx- I was looking to do them in and T2 HML Gnosis (shield Buffer tanked)

3 Likes

Thanks for the overview. It does sound like these aren’t worth the effort at all, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see once we get more information on possible drops.

2 Likes

Spawn rate of the sites is abysmal btw. But what else is new.

1 Like

Are you proud of yourself for supporting farmers like this?

No. I always fly moderately priced ships. And with the exception of incursions, I never fly a fit expensive enough to make me a profitable gank target.

I don’t know what the minimum viable tank is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone says they can solo them in a T2 fit T1 battlecruiser. For example a Drake gets a 4% bonus to all shield resists per skill level, and it’s weapons don’t use cap. So that might be a good ship.

2 Likes

I believe that helping people to participate in content is good for the game. It keeps the farmers engaged and puts more people in space for the wolves to hunt. Out of curiosity, why do you think that this is a bad thing?

5 Likes

yeah make the stinking rich more stinking rich like in real life. Helping people participate in content well if CCP wants EVERY one to take part in it don´t ■■■■■■■ make it BC only. In all honest make it fly what ever ship you want instead.

1 Like

1bn ISK is $6.75 albiet the highest it has been for 5+ years. However if you cannot aford $10’s put the computer game down and go get a job.

6 Likes

Thank you Mr. Jones! Write-up much appreciated even though I likely won’t be making time participate in this one. Seems the days of “Here’s an event, play it your own way” are long gone.

On the other hand, this event doesn’t seem quite as restrictive as some of the other recent ones have been. Other than the ship class restriction of course, but at least a Gnosis is available to all players and looks like it can be fitted to participate. So +1 for CCP on that.

2 Likes

You know what I don´t have the energy to waste time with idiots today. That assume ■■■■ with 0 knowledge just like does ass hats in eve uni.

some of us have enough pride we dont pay to win

2 Likes

drake flew it but my spawn was more like 10 ships with 3 neuting, 1 webbing, and 1 scraming. Not easy even in a well skilled fitted T2 drake

8 Likes

Thanks for this.

2 Likes

In the anti-spirit of this thread i will respond to this with a question, for which the answer you will have to figure out for yourself. I know you’re smart and considerate, so it’s not going to be a problem for you. Make sure to consider all the potential groups of people affected by this.

What would happen if there was no one, and i really mean no one, who did the work for them?

1 Like