Captain Quarter screenshots

Only four little steps to get into my own sweet home.

5 Likes

Only recently found out about this thread and it is worth keeping alive anyway so here are mine… just some simple ones not as fancy as most others posted earlier.

6 Likes

I agree on this thread being worth kept alive <3
And i hope that it can muster support for a WiS back program ^^

2 Likes

Hopefully CCP creates a new version of Captains Quarters, one with custom decorating options available. Hell, maybe they could implement some sort of Vid-Phone / Conference Calling option that allows character viewing interaction with other characters when in their own Captains Quarters.

At the very least ‘The Door’ could open up to an elevator that takes you to a basement maze of darkened hallways and dimly lit rooms filled with hacking lockers and crates that randomly hold loot.

Anyway, the Captains Quarters definitely provided a great backdrop for character screen shots, shame it was removed.

3 Likes

With enough support and technology improving to make it easier, I believe there is hope for an even better envisioning of CQ in the future. I’ve always dreamed of player interaction such as poker and CCP’s own tabletop strategy game called Slay which was featured in CCP’s zone in the social platform PShome on PS3. Here is a video of how Slay plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQfrl59ep74

3 Likes

This Slay game with table and bar, this was all even shown in one video when ambulation was demoed. I dont know how was it not pushed further when they had textures, models, they had code, with a bit of effort that could have been something a lot more than just CQ. Will never understand this decision to abandon this idea completely, when it had so much potential as they said on presentations before CQ was introduced, the guy who worked on it was pumped to see it unfolding into complete world, with combat and exploration mechanisms.

2 Likes

Even having a local chat limited to the room would be enough incentive for people to use it and want to customize it by buying cosmetic upgrades as well as items with functionality, such as games.

QC was released at a time of turmoil and player backlash over unrelated issues, and I think that time period may have let CCP to associate QC with negativity and therefor discouraged development.

QC opens EVE up to a much wider audience, providing a comforting feeling of stability and familiarity–especially to new players. It of course became utilized less frequently after years of stagnation. Over the years as the hope that QC inspired in players wore off, players may have felt their faithful hope was betrayed. Without a single addition of even the slightest customization option, remaining openly hopeful or supportive of QC only incited others who felt betrayed by QC to publicly disown and deny that they ever had faith in it.

People don’t like to take the losing side, and unfortunately CCP was afraid to give QC a future due to what was (at least partially) a negative emotional association of QC to the climate of the time. I think Captains Quarters was and is an excellent area of expansion for the game, making the EVE relatable and accessible in a way that nothing else can… The problem was in the lack of faith and the outward disappointment players expressed towards it due to its stagnation, which may have come across as a vote against the entire idea and only furthered its stagnation.

If we supported the original CQ more, it would have not been so overshadowed by the negative politics at the time and EVE may have attracted and kept a much larger audience.

I would like to come up with a way to show CCP the support we have for a new QC. I can imagine furniture and customizations purchasable with PLEX that could help incentivize and justify the extra workload for CCP… we just have to find a way to show them we want it.

6 Likes

With this its a really tough nut to crack. We could not do it for all those years in threads about it on old forums, in times when it was a lot more probable to influence CCP decisions in some way. And I dont think CSM candidates now even consider putting “avatar gameplay” in their interests.

3 Likes

I was at fan fest and i have talked about that with ccp seagull.
She basically said it is not on their plans for :

• technical reasons ( the graphic engine they use is not made for this much shaders)
  • management reasons ( they don’t have the team to do the engine needed AND devellop a whole new area with custom gameplay)
  • decision reason as not enough people is interested because there is a diff between everyone saying “yea it would ve cool” ans everyone actually NEEDING it

So unless we can create this need in a majority of player, it will not happen.

I will still try though XD

4 Likes

But she did not said anything about Project Nova? That would fix all 3 problems.

3 Likes

That was my logic too ^^
So yes, I talked about this too.
And without a surprise, since there is still no “real demand ” to implement this kind of thing, it will not be included…

BUT

It’s definitely the angle of attack of the problem on my opinion !

That mean that I will do whatever it take to make it happen !

Once i settle in a fixed money intake AND make myself a name, I plan to run for csm as “RP csm”

3 Likes

I would really ask what that “true” demand is tho. :thinking:

If people asking for it is not enough, and while they are doing some things people never asked about, like chat bubbles. :joy:

2 Likes

THe thing is, people are not asking for it…
They ask for ships, ennemies, ways to kill each other, etc

But do not ask of new “social gameplay”

If they want to talk in private, why would they talk in a room where they could be spyed on? They will go to a discord or teamspeak.

If they want to play a game with corpmate, they can already do it without launching eve.

Etc

Since there is technical problem, it would demand a huge investment from ccp to make it happen.

Because they would need to create whole new layers of gameplay to make it used ( on this they learned from dust and the firsts CQ that ppl want FINISHED things )

The truth is nobody talk about this kind of gameplay, just see the activity on this thread, it’s not like we are hundreds to ask for it ^^’
I agree that ppl always say “it would be super cool” when you vring the topic, but the mirning after they go back at asking about balence, new ships structures etc :confused:

And that’s why ccp is not planning to work on it…

A majority of “would be cool” is not enough to basically create a whole new game connected with eve.

And that’s why i think that we can actually do a difference on eve nova !
:wink:

2 Likes

On my opinion it is truly a “ player” problem.
And not a “ ccp doesn’t want it” problem.
Because when i could talk about citadels model customisation with ccp fozzie, he made it pretty vlear that it was something they will do in the future.

So, on my opinion, CCP would gladly do new CQ because it’s all avout giving us more tool to control new eden.

But with the technical problems, it would ask too mich ressources to do it “because it’s cool”

2 Likes

I made this and posted it on reddit back when CQ went down. RIP o7

9 Likes

I think that it is more like both player demand and a game design thing.

If CCP introduce Avatar Gameplay, then there should be some very interesting things that players would want to do. Not just gambling, or playing minigames, but more like action, or missions against NPC, cooperative missions too.

So it will not hurt anyone if such things are presented in Nova at some point. Player built station interiors, various player built structures, that we can walk in etc. It may not be as popular as shooting in the face, which most Nova players will do, but it will help with game immersion. And surprisingly, there are plenty of people that will appreciate such things.

Long term, if we have the freedom to roam on the ground of planets in EVE, and explore, build cities etc. and suddenly Nova will be an integral part of the EVE universe with rich gameplay. Well it will be a huge task for developers and community. So it will take time.

3 Likes

THat is exactly in what i believe ^^
And the integration on nova/ eve in the long term is something that ccp fozzie talked about.

But it’s still up to us, the players to actually use the possibility:)

3 Likes

Bump.
I’m sure someone has more screenshots of CQ.

2 Likes

Some custom presentations and music vidios on the screen:

5 Likes

Zelda. So ya playin’ vidya games in a vidya game. That’s very meta. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes