Caracal Navy Issues, No memes please

So I’ve been experimenting with all the really bad ships and ship setups out there trying to find something that works. So far I’ve managed to kill a HML tengu with HAM caracal (standard), today I killed an RLML onyx with HAM CNI. Here is the fit I used and you guys can take a look and give some criticism.

[Caracal Navy Issue, Caracal Navy Issue fit]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Power Diagnostic System II

Warp Scrambler II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 150
Stasis Webifier II
50MN Microwarpdrive II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB7 Dose III
Improved Crash Booster
Improved Blue Pill Booster

Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Inferno Rage Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Nova Rage Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Mjolnir Rage Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Caldari Navy Nova Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Assault Missile x1000

There isn’t a huge amount to say about this fit, the boosters are basically essential since they will push you in to the higher reps and dps brackets. You can throw over 600 dps in any damage type you like at a cruiser or even a destroyer and get big results with rage.

So r8 and h8 the games possible contender for worst ship. I used to think the corax had the dubious honor but I’m fairly certain it actually belongs with the grossly overpriced CNI

1 Like

Intresting. Fit saved.

Armor HAM CNI is fun against frigates and short range cruisers. Scram, double web, missile comp, mwd.

Polarized CNI lets you fit a 1600 plate and do 550 to 700dps.

Its a pretty terrible ship, only good to get easy fights in and rely on the element of surprise. I find shield fits lacking, too hard to fit, not enough application. Throw a plate on it, EANM or DCU (or layering membrane if polarized) then double BCU.

That being said, in all honesty, that fit is not that great at what a shield CNI could do. Caldari rely off buffer, and a LSE+extender rigs provides a lot more buffer than a singe LASB. An OH LASB combined with base CNI shields is 7611 HP. If using boosters, your total possible shield HP is 8600. A single RF LSE+2 extender rigs is 9500 HP. Using an invuln and t2 EM rig puts you at 35k EHP. Requires no fitting mods (just a quad lif mwd, which is fine, t2 fitting isnt worth it in this case) and you gain a 3rd BCU.

x6 T2 HAM

Republic Fleet LSE
T2 scram
T2 web
Quad Lif mwd
T2 invuln

T2 dcu
x3 t2 BCU

T2 EM rig
2 extender rigs

Still pretty meh though, 475 dps and would struggle to apply to frigates.

Which is why i fly armor CNI’s, aka the Caralol.

It reps to effectively 37.4k ehp by the end.

How so? Youve got less total HP in your magazine with a booster than an extender rigged fit. Unless youre boosting without charges at the end, which is risky, but do-able.

Edit: Just realized you have a t2 thermal rig, so resists are higher when comparing HP. My mistake.

Also, due to lack of buffer, certain things could punch through the single LASB with alpha and then youd bleed armor/structure.

Not too worried, that rule applies to anything smaller than a super. So long as something bigger than you is shooting you with enough raw volley you will always hemorrhage a small amount of your next defensive layer.

I’ve just discovered that precision heavy missiles have the same expl radius as HAMs but slower expl speed. So the ‘accuracy’ ammo is actually less accurate than the sledgehammer weapon type. Brilliant.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.