Carriers too stronk! WAAAAAH!

He didn’t even tackle the Ishtar. He treated it like an NPC rat. The OP seems to be serious, not joking.

2 Likes

Because when I asked the only “pseudo-companion” (COUGH) I have in eve “will you come be tackle and web?” he said “no” because he was chicken it would somehow come back on him (he’d lose ship, the dude might hunt him down later, etc). Some of us don’t have the benefit of all these networks and friends that others of you have. We have to make due with just going solo most of the time.

1. I couldn’t tackle it. A carrier isn’t going to just hit MWD and somehow get in range to tackle.
  2. There was no need to tackle it. The dude was AFK and not going anywhere.

I’m not sure what you guys get out of the constant nitpicking, henpicking, and trolling of individuals. Personally, it would bore me, but whatever.

Excellent find my dude. Wish I would have filmed my own episode now. It was pretty ridiculous, blowing the shields off the the thing and just seeing it rep all the way back up in one cycle, time and time again.

Capitals are intended explicitly for group use. If you want to do solo hunting, you’d be better off using a T3 or something.
You have to remember that EVE isn’t “bigger equals better”, but rather where each ship fills a role. Carriers are not intended for solo hunting ishtars, so obviously it’s gonna suck for that.

1 Like

LOL, you are parroting all the propaganda from the ‘nano-gang’ crowd. I guess you are one of ‘them.’ There has never been any statement from CCP that capitals are intended explicitly for group use. Furthermore, I am on record as being against pigeonholing capitals (or any other ship) into narrowly-defined roles or use cases, exceptions notwithstanding. The same crowd you are parroting told me years ago, after successfully lobbying to get battleships nerfed, that “battleships are intended explicitly for level 4 mission use.” LOL. Well, after that crowd finished with them, yeah, I guess that’s where they’ve been ever since. So much for the ‘sandbox’ - I guess this crowd will tell us how to play the game, and tell us what each use case for each ship should be.

And spare me the “bigger does not equal better” baloney. Smaller should not equal better either, and neither should cheaper equal better, nor should “requires a lot less skill points to fly” equal better.

You can’t be really surprised.

4 Likes

And we have a confirmation.

4 Likes

Oh look. Yet another little troll coming in to post what he believes to be little annoying ‘putdowns’ that he believes increases his social status in the eyes of… who?

Just for my own personal psychological studies, I’d love to know the age of you people. I’d say Jr. High school on down, and if so, I’d excuse the behavior. But if you people are adults…

How old are you?

1 Like

I think asking for personal information is against the rules. Be careful dude.

3 Likes

Oh no! Got me with another ‘zinger!’ Ouch!

You are funny like a clown.

2 Likes

Well that was…a rant.

Let me be more coherent. The carrier/cyno changes hit me particularly hard because I am the proverbial ‘little guy’ in Eve. Oh I am in the largest alliance in Eve, but I only play with a single account, and really only on this single character.
Thus- I need to rely on my corp and alliance for support. I can’t scout myself, can’t cyno myself. Basically CCP put capital ships behind a PAYWALL of having multiple accounts.

But Eve is an MMO and having friends is supposed to matter. So I helped build an empire in null sec. Fleeted up, took space, defended space, built ADMs…all that stuff. And we were able to organize a ‘safe cyno’ fleet that allowed me-- a single account player-- to access capital ship content. Not only could I now use a carrier outside of a fleet environment, but all those cynos were people I could now jump to for a rescue…content. I actually used my carrier.
That really should be a success story for CCP. One player can do anything in this game if you have friends. The only restriction in Eve is overcome by playing together in a giant MMO.

And yet- it is exactly that which CCP put a halt to. Apparently one guy with 30 accounts lighting cynos isn’t the revenue stream that CCP wants.
Which is what angers a lot of people. It’s a cash grab. CCP has pushed the meta to capital ships to the point where even me…solo account guy finally trained into them. And as usual- CCP’s idea of a ‘fix’ is to screw the little guy while everyone else just buys a super, injects their cyno alts into Recons- and goes on about their business.
And I could do that. But it’s a meta I have chased for 9 years and CCP has time and again punished me for basically playing their game well.

Lack of content
CCP created capital ships then like so much else, abandoned them. There is no capital content beyond a few escalation mechanics and null sec incursions. The reason carrier ratting was a problem is because it’s seal clubbing content that a solo BS can handle. There is a reason you can’t use a T3C for most high sec content. But you can stick a carrier in the same content a Myrm can do and do cheaply.
CCP wanted to sell SP and created isk faucets while eliminating conflict drivers. The result is a very top-heavy player base with the wealth to fly the most expensive ships in the game but no content for any of it.

This is exactly my situation as well. In fact, it goes against my definition of what an MMO game is if I have to have multiple accounts in order to play.

If so, then this isn’t the game for me. I always viewed having multiple accounts as optional gameplay for the super-hardcore players, the ‘whales,’ the people with tons of time because they don’t have a job or don’t have [insert whatever else - family, wife, kids, etc]. Again, if that’s not the case, and if “to play the game, it is intended that you have multiple toons that you use to get stuff done,” then it’s not the game for me.

I think they are pretty clear that having alts is the correct way to play the game.

5 Likes

you tried to pvp in a pve fit … Asmodai Xodai you demonstrate a failure to understand game mechanics , and the regen on a shield ishtar is far from instant , so you have little regard for the truth as well .
they die every day , just not so much from pve fit solo carriers …

1 Like

Post the real link to the real ad, assuming it exists. Thanks.

It’s in the launcher.

Ouch! Another zinger! You got me!

1. You don’t know what my fit was. Actually, the only fit that was necessary was max dps, so you are wrong that a PvP fit was necessary, or even desirable.

2. The issue presented here isn’t my knowledge of game mechanics. The propaganda from the ‘nano-gang’ crowd is that carriers are ROFLSTOMP OP. So I attacked an AFK nano-gang ship in a carrier to see what would happen. As long as my knowledge of game mechanics was good enough to execute that (and I claim that it was), my point stands.