Carriers too stronk! WAAAAAH!

How old are you? Do you find pointless bickering, such as “you were trying to help me?” in any way useful? How about this. Let’s just crown you king of “meaningless sarcastic comebacks,” lets declare that you win in that competition, and be done with it?

Hey Beast - 'cause I’m a nice gu…girl I’ll take that worthless carrier off your hands for you and give you a shiny new T2 fit !!! Ishtar! Simply contract it to me and I’ll be glad to help you on this, friend!

No, no - no need to thank me, I’m just glad to be of help!

1 Like

If only I could fly one (an Ishtar)! Maybe a better idea would be to give me some skill extractors so I could pull out the capship skills and inject T2 and T3 cruisers, T2 frigates, etc.

Yes but there’s a difference between glancing blows and smashing blows, and in this case, that difference is webs.

You might have hit, but you didn’t really apply your potential damage properly because he was able to speed tank.

Slow him down and your potential damage will apply better and your logs will show more smashing hits. He won’t rep so easily then.

3 Likes

Ok. Good explanation, without personal insults. +1.

Next episode:

"My BS is underpowered because I couldnt hit a Condor with its expensive guns.

Pls buff"

2 Likes

Next episode already happend

2 Likes

@Ramona_McCandless and @Magalaus_Shardani, it’s obvious neither of you understood the point. I’m not complaining that I couldn’t hit the Ishtar (actually, as I said, I COULD hit the Ishtar). In fact, I’m not complaining about anything. I’m fine with the result, the outcome. I tried, I didn’t succeed, but I’m also no worse for the wear and didn’t lose anything. No worries.

I’m not even complaining that there’s any imbalance in what transpired. The people screaming “imba!” are the anti-capship, anti-carrier folks. I’m just asking, if the carrier is so imba and OP, why can it not even kill an AFK-Ishtar?

I know, I know. You’ll say because I couldn’t hit it. And I’ll repeat for the hundredth time that I COULD hit it, that I DID hit it. You’ll say because I didn’t know what I was doing. And I’ll say if the ship is that OP, do I really have to have PhD level knowledge of what I’m doing? Isn’t the definition of OP that you can pretty much faceroll stuff without trying? Like, if the carrier is that OP, shouldn’t you be able to munch on pizza with one hand, hold the remote control in the other, watch netflix, and look at your screen every now and then just to make sure everything is progressing as it should?

I’m a little… confused

First you state:

but then, in the very next sentence you say:

(Emphasis added by me) Which leads us to the only obvious conclusion… you are a troll… ? I mean, if it’s possible to see the troll posting in your post, you must be… or you are just way more confused than me… either way interesting times for sure!

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

He stated he had me blocked too, but he’s clearly just lying.

He also doesnt seem to grasp that there are varying degrees of hitting something, not just yes or no.

2 Likes

Your name rings a bell. If memory serves, I did block some people in the past, and one of them might have been you. Either way, I don’t see a function here to block posters, so either I’m missing it, or it was the old forums.

Fair dos.

I think really most people dont really get

1. where are these people saying carriers are OP?

2. why do you care what they think?

1. A lot of them are so-called ‘nano-gangers’ who like to roam around in small ships (frigs and cruisers) to kill things, and they get upset if they can’t easily kill something big (carrier, dreadnought, titan). Some of them just hate big ships and like small ones. They picture themselves as Luke Skywalker going against a Deathstar in a frigate. Some of them have what I consider to be strange ideas on game balance, and have certain fanatical beliefs which they translate into rallying cries, like “bigger should not mean better!” (nevermind that bigger should not mean worse either - the logic of that naturally escapes them).

2. I don’t care what they think. They are a lost cause. I care about what others who hang around the forums and who might listen to them think. So why do I care what those people think? Because I think CCP balances according to forum whine. I don’t like balance according to forum whine, so I lend my own voice in opposition whenever I have occasion to over the years.

Fair dos. Each to their own.

Personally, I think carriers would be more fun if they worked like actual aircraft carriers, but then I also fail to understand why Dreads arent Dreadnaughts either.

Ah well.

In what way do dreadnaughts not live up to their name?

1 Like

In nearly every way.

Sorry, I misread that as who are these people saying carriers are OP, not where are these people… I must confess, I haven’t seen any of them on the forums lately. There were lots of posters and lots of posts in the past. Surely you must have seen some, as you’ve been around for a while.

I think these forums are drying up.

1 Like

Confirmed, you are no troll, just saw this very good pvper failing to kill an afk ishtar aswell and saying how stupidly strong they are. Sorry for saying you were not properly using a carrier.

1 Like

Its cool. I think I know what you mean.

No way this isn’t a troll thread. The idea of a carrier warping onto a ratting ishtar to kill it is the funniest image I’ve had in a while.
I’m not even trying to be rude, but why would you try to use a carrier as a tackling ship?

1 Like