CCP and the Driffters

That phrase has not been said so…

Sorry my bad…by “they” I meant people in NS not CCP…“they” want PvP wars…

My bad…

Ratting is not the same as these Drifter/Tri events…

I would like to also point out that for those that say NS needs to man up, Drifters have been in HS for a long time now.

They dont attack Player Owned structures in Highsec.

I do believe if PVE interferes in players content creation part such as PVP. :slight_smile: There is an issue.

3 Likes

FOB NCPS have attacked structures for months m8

4 Likes

What do you mean by this?

From the scope Video that came out it would seem that they are attacking vulnerable and low power structures, perhaps if the owners of those structures were bothered enough to fuel them then they wouldnt be in the situation they are now.

3 Likes

Maybe this will help you:

*The Imperium was in the midst of prosecuting a war involving tens of thousands of real players. We are annoyed that we had to stop our player vs player warfare and grind through what amounts to World of Warcraft-style raid content, but we have already broken down how the Drifter AI works and have successfully defended all of our structures thus far – I look forward to going back to real player vs player content, which is why I quit WoW for Eve in the first place.”
(The Mittani)

1 Like

Then null will come to low and take all the ■■■■.

1 Like

By prosecuting a war they mean shooting undefended structures of course.

4 Likes

Well… Until now the only “engaged and interested” players are not from areas this “feature” was supposed to affect.
Yes, people applaud and cheer but look who is doing it? Those who don’t leave their high-sec missions. Wormholers who only visit null-sec to kill some dumbass. Who else?
In general it’s “null sec is easy and safe but for some unknown reason i’m not there and not having all these riches” type of players.

The whole party is already getting quieter because players already learned that drifters won’t finish citadels they reinforce. And you don’t need “supers” to kill their fleets. You can find this on Reddit already and at some point dwellers of the Forums will notice it too. Then it will return to usual “blah-blah nullsec needs some danger” and all this children talks.

1 Like

You mean most of the ‘forum dwellers’ who are laughing over the salt because high sec knew all this about drifters years ago?
High sec dealt with death balls ages ago, without having any option of supers or titans at all.

3 Likes

Snicker.

Drifters came to my neck of the woods, we dealt with them. They came back, we dealt with them. They came back again, we dealt with them. They haven’t come back.

Tactics. Moaning on a forum isn’t among them.

By the way, CCP is under no obligation to discuss or ask permission before unleashing NPC entities. It’s their game, you’re under no obligation to play. Should you decide to engage with them, you have no cause to complain when your tactics fail. My alliance has it down, and it involves precisely one toon.

9 Likes

I keep reading conflicting reports on whether the damage cap is applied or not, first they said it was not then it was and now some people are saying that it is not applied. Some people start saying it is the DD which is not taken into account, which seems odd when the drifter fleets doing this don’t even have the DD, which makes them easier to deal with than the hisec ones.

I like having more aggressive and effective NPC’s period…

2 Likes

Okay.

Reports of sotiyos and keepstars being reinforced in five minutes flat. I don’t think damage caps are being applied. I have witnessed athanors being reinforced by drifters, it is very quick.

If that is the case it needs to be sorted and is a perfectly acceptable reason to question CCP on.

1 Like

If they don’t DD, then a Cerberus can solo them without sweat simply by holding range with a long range HM fit.
You can also suck them to a deathstar POS and man the guns to murder them as I understand it.
You can also drop a titan on them and BFG them when they are all in a single ball.
There are three solo options right off the top of my head, and I don’t currently play in null to see the tactics Null are actually using.

1 Like

Why are you telling me this?

kill the anchor, the rest follow. That’s how easy it is.