CCP change how margin trade works. Why is marginal trading scams allowed?

Whiner.

Fix things that are broken

“Fix things that are broken.”

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Want to give an example of the sort of item you see being inflated this way?

You, Sir, are an uneducated, ignorant, irrational, instinct-driven fool.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/10/23/be-change/

The only thing that’s broken here is you.

Alistar, you are what is broken. Margin trading is a legitimate scam that is easy to avoid.

If it’s broken, best way to get it fixed is to massively abuse it, then tell everyone else how to massively abuse it, then abuse it some more.

Cool, two threads of you whining on the same topic! You must be fun at parties.

3 Likes

Didn’t you already cry about this?

you do know that if you want the upfront payment for all buy order it will kill alot of trading for items that take along time to fill. and you might be ok with that just so you dont get scammed because of your greed.

and my guess is your respond to this would be fake news it will not kill alot of buy order, but i can tell you it will, i buy some stuff that dont have alot of volume traded each month but i still have buy order because it a little bit of isk but if i had to lock up 500m on that ■■■■ i would radder drop that on something that i know i can make a turn over with in a fair amount time and i dont thing i would the the only trader that would i trade it because its just a small amount of isk that i lose every month on it and not a large chunk

and should we also make it so you cant sell a 500m algos it looks like a 500k if the colume isnt large enough

merged duplicate thread.

3 Likes

It isn’t broken.

EvE isn’t real life.

No, ■■■■ off.

Please, can you help me unconfuse my brain? What’s up with your name? :smiley:

1 Like

CCP Phantom sneezed when initially creating the character, it never got renamed on the forum backend :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s hilarious! :smiley:

1 Like

It really can.

You can just put up a buy order and take it down when the mark buys your overpriced bait.

But more to the point, no order is guaranteed on the market until it is filled. Someone could beat you to that order by a second, even if it is legitimate. Yes, abusing the margin trading mechanic to send false signals limits the risk for the scammer, but it doesn’t enable anything that isn’t possible other ways.

Orders on the market can be manipulated and should not be taken as a definitive indication of the value of an item. Anyone who buys something based only upon the current orders does so at their own peril, margin trade scam or not.

1 Like

OP you should have just went to Jita to double your ISK. :wink:

1 Like

Dearest OP,
Just because something is new to you hardly means it is new to others or something nobody has discovered.

ccp and the playerbase as a whole have been quite aware of not only basic market mechanics such as the margin thing at hand but much you have yet to discover for yourself (yes, you have adorably declared that you know you’re the best at PI and others are jealous of your market prowess, but although I am glad you are enjoying this game, there is still much to learn)

ccp said long ago that they are not going to change margin mechanics as the legitimate uses outweigh the abuses.

2 Likes

Margin scam is not an issue that needs fixing. Lesson learned, move on.