CCP Coyote on Invasions - We aren't removing Highsec

LOL. So after all of this rigamarole, they are just going to make the Triglavian victory systems into regular NPC systems again? “Wasn’t the invasion fun? It’s over now. Back to business.”

It will be interesting to read the reactions of the people that fought like it mattered.

8 Likes

:red_circle:

You always have had a clout in that but you never seized it, you incompetent fool. You were always able to stock Rens with goods at reasonable prices so that people living in the area can buy things in Rens instead of having to go to Jita. It is your fault that Rens turned into a ghost town because you never bothered to keep the market running.

Furthermore:

https://www.adam4eve.eu/structure_history.php?id=60004588

You keep being a complete and utterly incompetent fool as Rens is still going down. I don’t know what you expect that will change after hauling just got harder. But you have not taken any initiative in the past to keep the market alive in Rens and you don’t do it now either. Your clout is a farce and makes nothing better and everything worse.

3 Likes

Can you link this Discord?

1 Like

Rens used to be the butt-end of nowhere. I don’t duel windmills.

1 Like

:red_circle: And now that it is even more on the butt end of nowhere you expect this to be better? This is a joke, right?

1 Like

Edencom and TTI discords are both linked in this post.

2 Likes

EVE is a game and not real world. So while I’m real world I am not happy if roads would be blocked, this is not necessarily the same for a game. If you don’t wanna get challenged, why at all are you playing the game?

Imagine the goal keeper and all enemy players would be removed from soccer, yes you would always win, but it would be a very boring game too.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. Did they ever mention this conversation was going to take place; where and when?
He never explains the reason why the “shoot EDENCOM, turn neutral to both” was left alone for so long without correction or forum/blog explanation and announcement. Sure, it was an unintended effect, but always in the past ( see SP farming after Omega account closing for an example), they announced the exploit, when they were closing it, and didn’t grab back changes or improvements accomplished before the change. No, it wasn’t clear that they would penalize players 2 months after they dropped the gameplay. Yes, everyone knew they had created a loophole, but their remaining silent for 2 months was unacceptable.

So HS will still be there, but in a greatly changed form. Depending on how long the stage 3 lasts, it may have a much higher impact on HS and its population than he expects. Let’s see how things look at the end of September. Still surprised that there appears to be so many bugs in the gameplay and that CCP wasn’t aware of them. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

:red_circle:

Completely wrong analogy. What can you expect from someone defending this garbage… :man_shrugging:

The correct analogy would be the following: Imagine the goal keeper on a soccer field and right in front of his pit and right behind the pit line suddenly lava turns up so that the goal keeper can only dance on his thin line to keep balls out of the pit.

Since we are at soccer analogies, imagine the following: The soccerfield suddenly turns into a mine field and wherever you go, suddenly you see mines pop up blocking your path to your own team mates, to opponents, even to the ball. A nice challenge for the seasoned soccer player, right?

2 Likes

Then why is there any grinding at all? Why not just give new ships away in the daily login rewards, or make them available only for PLEX? Why not sell standings and ore and salvage and LP and everything else of value in the game for PLEX, and only for PLEX?

Then you could grind your real-world job to reach goals in the game. Or get Daddy to pay for them, if that’s how you roll. Then EVE would only be about enjoying the rewards, and not earning them.

The fact of the matter is, there are dull, repetitive tasks to perform in game, which are necessary parts of the game, and it is totally unrealistic to expect people not to react negatively to changes to those tasks which make them harder, just as they would in the real world if their real-world jobs were made harder or more tedious, or they got a pay cut. Because those changes leave them less time to enjoy the parts of the game for which they do those boring, repetitive tasks.

7 Likes

The soccer analogy? Let players pick their own teams. Make no effort to balance the number of players on each side. Don’t tell the players what the rules are. Change the rules a couple of times through the game. Also, don’t tell anybody what the prize for winning is.

7 Likes

I am almost completely indifferent to these invasions. I think the main reason this is would be because it is unlikely I would be able to participate in any battle that the outcome of would matter to me at all.

The invasions of a system are over fairly fast, at least the ones near me, and the COVID-19 pandemic has me hella tired. I would like it if battles over systems would drag on for some minimum number of days such that people had more time to fight over their favorite stars. I consider myself aligned with EdenCom from a roleplaying perspective, but from a game mechanics perspective I prefer the Triglavians because I tend to favor any change that disrupts big industry or consolidation of the game economy into one region of space.

Between the ambivalence and the lack of time, I find I can’t really be arsed to do anything but read about it. The systems can literally go either way and I would just adapt to whatever conditions happen to be present. I live in a blue star ice system in highsec, but I am plenty capable of mining ice outside of highsec which means the change would just mean less competition for me.

I appreciate the Empires and would like to come to their defense, but I wish I could do it selectively or that I had an option to fight for something other than preserving the status quo that I wasn’t happy with to begin with.

I know you do not agree with my point of view, and I do not expect you to feel any differently after reading this than before (if you read it). I just thought you might appreciate hearing what I believe to be an unusual perspective on the invasion since you seem to be disposed to analyze things from all sides. Maybe someone will catch wind of it and mull it over for the next event. Can’t hurt, anyway, I guess.

2 Likes

No, CCP Coyote is right, they are not removing Hi-Sec, rather they are going to chop it into little pieces which will force everyone into Low and Nul-Sec if they want to leave the system they live in.

New players will be able to start on their little island and then they will have to adjust to low and nil-sec to go anywhere.

Welcome to the Balkanization of Eve - Jita, Rens, Amaar, etc. will be little hubs, and the true power of the game will shift to Mittens and his Goons - welcome to Nul-Eve.

3 Likes

LOL. It seems like you might have missed a bit of history. Who do you think supplies the trade hubs right now? Highsec miners?

The problem I have with the whole Trig event is that it is such narrow gameplay. Group anomaly grind.

Imagine you would obtain everything to build ships just by farming anomalies. If you salvaged also, then get to build T2.

It kind of describes faction ships and DED mechanics, but there is still variety in that. Different difficulty 1-10/10. You can mix modules. There are several sources for stuff beside sites, like LP store.

Trig ship can only fit trig gun, and only trig gun upgrade. And you get it all - bpcs, mats and parts just by grinding their sites. Which are essentially the same site scaled up (except xordazh).

If there were data/relics, structure bash sites, mining (not some generic OP ore which replaces all other ores, but specific ore for some specific purpose). Soloable sites, where roaming patrols couldn’t just come and say F* you solo player.

6 Likes

And, my favorite… we now have the ability to have NPCs deploying and destroying persistent, non-player-related structures.

Nobody caught that, huh?

4 Likes

Well, for one thing, you all engaged with it waaaay more than expected! Seeing the 80+ person fleets running content faster than it was spawning, and seemingly not caring that the rewards weren’t giving you anything for being over the pilot limit

The RP element has been far more front and center than I’d anticipated, too.

Dont they do it to screw with highseccers and impose their playstyle?

If I could return the favor and bribe some faction police or lure in drifters to permanently take over some sov system and turn it npc null or low/high island I would, that would be enough a reward.

5 Likes

How that would be a joke is lost on me. I’m sorry my actions ruined your game, but eh, I’m actually glad you’re throwing such a fit over a minor inconvenience.

I don’t know where all they advertised this, but I suspect that they didn’t advertise it outside of the discords at all. Which seems wrong to me. There are corps that run invasion content on their own (separate from the TTI and EDI communities), and there are plenty of other players being affected.

Of course, if they had advertised it far and wide, there’s the possibility it would have been overrun by angry players looking to complain. So, IDK.

CCP: Implements Eve mechanism to permanently and irrevocably remove highsec systems.
Also CCP: “We are not removing highsec.”

CCP thinks their customers are REALLY stupid. It’s quite insulting. It takes some big stones to lie that boldly to the people that are your source of income.

I personally hate a lot of what CCP has been doing recently. This is just one of many reasons why I am less and less happy with Eve online.

CCP: “We are not trying to make everything dangerous.”
Tell that to all the people who lost assets when you changed citadels after you said that was safe.
Tell that to all the people who have logged out in a highsec system and logged in only to die because they didn’t realize it changed to nullsec.
Tell that to all the people who got insta-blapped by the triglavian scouts (this was especially brutal on new players).
Tell that to all the people who invested isk to build moon mining citadels only to have you nerf their profitability.
Tell that to everyone flying every single ship in the game after you nerfed all shield and armor modules to make them easier to kill.

I guess CCP just wants us to listen to their PR statements and ignore all of their actions.

14 Likes