CCP - Give us a "LOOT ALL" shortcut, by clicking a wreck on the overview!

coming from a “mindless carebear” I do not like this idea. The way it is now, is fine. Mainly because the only time I have to open something and click loot all, is my MTU.

We don’t need this idea of yours implemented at all.

1 Like

As far as I am concerned, the current “Loot All” button that we have is new. The old way required you to select, drag, and drop. The button is a luxury. Now you kids take the button for granted? What’s next?

Yeah, how shocking that CCP could improve the interface and players could continue asking them to improve it. We should be grateful that CCP allows us to have buttons at all and lower our standards!

Bitter much? Is Eve too hard?

And the current situation isn’t? Racing to see who can press the interface button faster or perfectly align their windows to minimize mouse travel distance is idiotic.

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t realize I was dealing with one of those people who thinks that EVE’s challenge should come from a poorly designed interface and nonexistent documentation rather than the intellectual battle to make better decisions than the people who are opposing your goals. What’s next, whining about how auto repeat makes the game too easy and you should have to click manually to fire each shot?

It’s idiotic that the “better way” consists of rearranging windows to overcome poor interface design, not making better in-game choices than everyone else. Overcoming poor interface design should not be a relevant skill, and the fact that you’re presenting it as a skill demonstrates how little you understand about game design.

In another year these guys will be complaining the MTUs are too much of a hassle and they should automatically fly back to a station and unload themselves.

1 Like

Don’t give them ideas. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

FFS, “automatically convenient” is the definition of good interface design! The job of the interface is to translate player intent to in-game actions as easily, accurately, and transparently as possible. The moment you start talking about the “skill” of manipulating the interface you are conceding that it is poorly designed. Skill in EVE is supposed to be about making the correct decisions against other players, not about making the game execute those decisions.

Maybe some people like to be able to move their windows around however they like depending on what they are doing at the time in the game.

Uh, what? Nothing about this proposal takes away the ability to keep doing what you are currently doing. It simply adds the option (via right-click menu/hotkey) to, with a single click, command your ship to approach a wreck and take all of the contents.

Proposal sucks, so no.

1 Like

The ultimate interface design according to OP:

Who needs complexity and player skills anyway that is so 1990s, yay for instant gratification and dumbed down gameplay.

:-1:

4 Likes

Thank you for proving my point. Having to click multiple buttons to execute a command is not complexity or player skill or gameplay depth, it’s just poor interface design. And giving a single button to execute the command is not an “I win” button as it does not make any decisions for you. It merely executes a common command sequence just like clicking “open” on an object also executes the “approach” command if you are out of range, or enabling auto-repeat on your modules causes your guns to continue activating until commanded to stop.

It is an “I win” button for loot thieves when an MTU is involved with said loot. (And I say that as a loot thief in Jita on an alt.)

Edit: Thinking about it an MTU doesn’t even need to be involved to make it OP for loot thievery. Just takes away a layer of player skill involved with that activity in general as well.

1 Like

How is it an “I win” button? Does it help your ship carry more cargo? Does it help you choose a good victim? No. All it does is reduce the number of clicks it takes to execute a command sequence, and if an extra click is your defense against someone winning then you don’t really have any meaningful protection. This is like claiming that auto-repeat is an “I win” button for PvP because it allows you to keep your warp disruptor active continuously and removes the skill element of reactivating it with perfect timing at the end of a cycle to keep your target from exploiting any delay by warping off. If you want a continuous warp disruption effect why shouldn’t you have to spend another mid slot to fit a second one to activate with an offset cycle to cover the gap?

Yes, exactly! JFC this is basic interface design 101. I can’t believe that you’re sitting here complaining about the possibility of the interface allowing you to execute a command easily. Your intent is to approach, open, and loot the object. Good interface design allows you to execute this common sequence with a single click/hotkey. Bad interface design requires extra clicks for the sole purpose of making it more difficult.

Yes, skill is about decisions so instead of choosing to complain about it do what any learned player does and just do it yourself instead of begging for an autopilot to loot containers for you, or drop an MTU if your that lazy.

Compensating for poor interface design is not skill or a meaningful decision. Nor does the fact that players have figured out a way to mitigate poor interface design a reason not to fix the problem.

There already is an option to open cargo by right clicking on either the container in space or your overview.

Yes, I know that, I was referring to that option. CCP acknowledged that the command sequence of approaching an object followed by opening that object is extremely common and provided an interface button to execute both commands with a single click. So why aren’t you whining and crying about how this combination “removes skill”?

This thread is priceless.

inb4 buy Advanced Aura AI Script for only $29.99 USD per month or equivalent :credit_card: PLEX so the game plays itself for you… in a New Eden Store near you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, that was certainly an effective demonstration.

“Go farm for the rest of the day” is not an interface issue because it is not a single command. The task consists of many decisions for the player: which targets to shoot in what order, what risks to take, etc. As you point out, this would be automation and replacing player agency with a bot.

“Loot this wreck” is an interface issue because, unlike farming, it is a single command. There are no meaningful decisions to make within the task, and the only question is how many clicks are required to issue the entire command. A single “loot wreck” button does not make any decisions for the player, it only reduces the number of clicks required to execute a command.

I am reading you responses for past week and you are seriously loosing it. You need to take a break from visiting and posting on forums if you cannot handle it. Seriously.

1 Like