Keydoard Shortcut Mapping

Yes, another newby with gross terminal stupidity for you old fart traders: (sorry did I inadvertently add an ‘r’ in there somewhere - or am I being simply flatlulent ?)
Can CCP please give us all the possibility to map our keyboards as we please, for ALL click gestuals:
Notably:
‘Cargo Open’ and ‘Loot All’ would be very much appreciated, seeing as all other ‘Selected Item’ window items get a remappable short cut.
In fact, why aren’t every mouse-click (L or R) given an optional KB shortcut so players can map their keyboards as they please ?
Awaiting your toxic verbosity - i’ve seen it coming…:wink:

1 Like

grafik
Open Cargo exists already. It’s called “Holds & Bays”, and it can be freely remapped.

1 Like

Thank you for your response but I’ve just checked it and in fact ‘Holds & Bays’ appears to be simply (and curiously) another way to open the ‘Inventory’ window (ALT-C).
Curiously, because it opens ‘Active Ship’ Hold - and not the ‘Open Cargo’ command as I am requesting.

Alt C is by default set to open the Inventory. You can rebind Inventory (I set it to Alt Y) and then use Alt C to open your current ship’s cargo.

By open Cargo, you mean that you want to open a container in space that you have selected? That would be a completely new shortcut, that is true.

That’s exactly what I mean: ‘Open Cargo’ - as it appears in the ‘Selected Item’ window when approaching a Cargo Container or a wreck etc.

And, of course ‘Loot All’…
Thank you for your help in any case.

So, would a CSM care to respond or, even better, escalate this up to CCP ?

@Brisc_Rubal

There’s a reason that has never been implemented. It would be used by botters and macro’d and hotkeyed.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply but, and please excuse my noobie ignorance, what does that mean ?

It means that it would let people create automated programs to loot (botting), which is something that CCP doesn’t want folks to do (it’s bannable, but happens a lot anyway). In order to loot, you actually have to manually do things, which helps stop people from botting.

Thank you Brisc,
I understand the words but maybe not the meaning :wink:
If the two requested KB shortcuts existed, then hitting two keys (Open Cargo then Loot All) one after the other, is almost the same as creating a macro to do it.
I do feel that there must be other routines that could be applied, but i’m too new to this to see them.
Could you enlighten me please ?

exactly.
That would make it MUCH easier than the current bots, and a lot more difficult to catch the insta-loot botters.

The manual input needed to loot is a necessary evil, for now.

There is already too much of a problem with loot bots – see Loot Bots at Jita IV-4 - #58 by MacGybo

2 Likes

Thank you once again, and again I see it without fully understanding it.
Whatever, I get the point and it’s not going to happen…
Visibly, the things some people do and the lengths to which they are willing to go is unfathomable - some kind of twisted spirit in search of a malignant pleasure ?
The world, cyber or real, and its inhabitants, is truly a remarkable place and here, I suppose, is possibly the only place that i’m likely to come across such as their ilk.
Be safe and well

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.