CCP hands over FREE Faction Citadels to Powerbloc Leadership after Outpost Conversion

Ah, the typical approach of people who are crying. Rant about how it’s their right to give an opinion, but everyone else should just shut up.

Opinions are fine. Unfortunately, your logic isnt.

But your tears are glorious. Meanwhile the powerblocs that normally feast on you are out flipping outposts knowing that they are going to gain some great assets out of this.

That’s the big difference. You are here just crying while they are just doing.

7 Likes

Yeh, only other groups big enough can. Why, don’t you like the idea of them being non-unanchorable but still destructible. Because if that is true, then you prove my point yet again about ccp and the powerblocs and their leadership.

I guess you are part of those powerbloc leadership then that don’t like other peoples ideas that are against the grain of your ideas. Convert outposts to faction citadels, but they should be non-unanchorable, but can be destroyed. That’s in line with eve is it not, or is it not in line with you greedy grubby little sticky fingers.

Lol no. I not in a powerbloc at all. I just find your tears hilarious.

Nothing stops you from growing to challenge their power. They did it. So can you. Instead though, you are choosing to whine to CCP to prevent other players from doing what they can do, and you are doing nothing at all yourself.

That deserves no respect. You are entitled to your opinion, but having an opinion doesn’t make it valid. It’s weak and pathetic.

Opinions no matter how calculated they are will never be to your liking unless they are according to how you want things to be. I also did not ask for our respect. Why would i from idiot trolls like yourself that consistently tell you your opinion is stupid because it does not follow on according to your way of thinking. There is no tears, only stupid people will consistently think that because they have a massive chip on their shoulder thinking that only their way of thinking is worth discussing. That’s pretty typical of a commi mindset. If everyone were the same in the world, and everyone thought exactly the same, would it be a world worth living in. Nah, unlike you, i am not interested in people with only their side, i have suggested on a few replies what changes can be made, but i guess you don’t like reading. That’s your problem. So if someone has a different opinion or idea to you, and don’t think like you, you hate on them and troll them. Yeh, you really don’t deserve respect either, and you being just as pathetic.

This is where I think we differ. I am totally fine with people that have other opinions. The game has playstyles and space to suit lots of different people, all with different opinions.

People that think PVE is the best…no problem. More power to them.
Those that want to gank…it’s a perfectly good choice of play
Those that want to explore, or mine, do industry, scam or pvp…no matter what, the game allows for them all and each is a perfectly fine choice based on the differing opinions we all have.

However, the level of thinking you currently have is that you should be able to chose what you do, but others shouldn’t. CCP should step in to limit other players, simply because you don’t like what they can do.

That’s the bit that doesn’t deserve any respect. If you believe you have a right to chose what you do, then you should also respect that others have that same right and crying to CCP to change the rules of the game to limit someone else is weak. It’s pathetic.

Everyone has a right to their play and if you want to stop them, then take responsibility for it to go stop them, not cry to the game devs to do it instead.

4 Likes

You were complaining about CSMs being politicians. For that reason I was asking you what you would do in their place. Your answer was “nothing”, because you do not want to be a CSM? (Shrug).

I have absolutely no idea. That is part of the reason why I also asked you which CSMs you wanted replaced - “name and shame”. Why have you chosen not to answer that?

Yes, you do. Because I am a carebear with a very small brain, I have no idea who you are talking about … “powerblocs”, “CSM politicians”? Who? Give me names. Who are you talking about?

I’m sorry … did you actually make one? You don’t like politicians. I get that. You think some (or maybe all?) of the CSM are politicians, with vested interests, but will not name them. Plus, you are not prepared to take their place. So, again… what is your point? What are you actually proposing to do to change things? Are you looking for support for your ideas? Names on a petition that you will submit to CCP? What?

2 Likes

Nobody cares about the little guy in EVE or in life.

Welcome to EVE. Welcome to life.

4 Likes

I care about you Sindara. Have a hug doll. lol.

2 Likes

:hugs:

1 Like

Of course the CSM doesn’t have that kind of power, but that wasn’t the question, now was it? You asked for politicians with that power and I answered with example nations where politicians with those powers do exist.
The CSM itself is more comparable to a lobby group than to politicians anyway.

3 Likes

To bad for you, you’re better at name-calling than playing EvE.

Getting in on the **** fest.

For real though, EVE Favors the Bold, and the Bold favors large numbers, organization and many friends. That’s the way EVE is. CCP Announced many months ago that they will be making outposts into faction citadels to move forward. This is old news. Move on. EVE will Continue to grow and progress regardless. Outposts are Old, Legacy. Citadels are new. New Code, new opportunities. Those who are not strong enough to adapt become victims of those who are.

I believe someone a few dozen posts above linked the proper video response to this rant.

~Buldath

8 Likes

I found the name-calling quite stale and surely not on par with the current meta.

3 Likes

Correct. He is THAT bad at playing EvE.

I get what you’re trying to say here, but yes people do this type of thing over more serious things. Going on strike is a notable example, consumer boycotts a lesser one. It only works as an organized group, but it has been used for decades as a means to accomplish certain, arguably coercive, goals.

So yes, the tactic does work in general. It has, however, a major flaw: it requires there to be no alternatives. It is this fact which led to government regulation to “protect” those going on strike. While that doesn’t exist in Eve, the basic strategy of getting a group of people, such as large corps/alliances who spend money to stop doing so short term in an attempt to gain something better over a longer term, certainly could. I’m not saying it is happening, just that it most certainly could, could work, and is something we’ve seen outside of Eve for a very long time.

Well, after 10 minutes of browsing through this thread, i think i finally know what it means to A, be an ignorant bitch and B, completely waste time

Sorry the second paragraph was more to the OP and general audience than you specifically. And yes calling the CSM a lobbying group is much more appropriate.

Yes but there is more to it than that. The alliance has to be able to punish/impose costs on those who do not follow their dictates. How do they do that in game? They really can’t. In fact, there is pretty much nothing they can do. I move my ■■■■ to safe stations, drop roles, drop corp and now I am “untouchable” in the sense that they can’t do anything to me especially since they aren’t logging in.

Now a labor union can kick you out and they negotiate for closed shops-i.e. once the strike is over you will have a harder time finding employment in that line of work.

So it isn’t just “organization” but also the ability to punish defectors. The stronger the ability to punish the fewer defections.

Yes and in economics and political science this is called rent seeking. Using the coercive power of the state to obtain unearned economic benefits (rents). This is usually bad in that granting on group, firm, etc. a comparative advantage necessarily means you are granting other groups or firms a comparative disadvantage. This introduces a distortion which will often have bad consequences unless it is to counter a pre-existing distortion. And that latter condition is hard to quantify and it is even harder to endure that the new distortion offsets it. And of course everyone who is seeking rents will rely on that latter condition irrespective of whether it is true or not and/or will overstate its magnitude.

Not really. A NS powerbloc unsubbing might as well hand over their space to others. The costs, in game, would be enormous. So the gains they ate seeking would have to be just as large if not larger. The OP is full if drivel. Cheap, nonsensical political beliefs that are as bad as the romantic views of politicians that some people have (ie that politicians are altruistic).

Not really. Yes it happens out of game but the underlying process is quite different. There relatively little that cann be done to a defector in the OP’s “theory”. It is just rubbish spewed by a butthurt player.

1 Like

Adding on to my comments about rent seeking IRL the rent seeker compensates the grantor of rents. This can be as banal as a monetary payoff or more subtle like support during an election. Building a plant in the grantor’s district. Future employment and so forth. What does the CSM have that they can give to CCP? More subs? How do they do that? Serious question here.

IMO the OP’s position is simply laughable nonsense.

1 Like