CCP: Has module tiericide stalled?

Hi CCP,
What is happening with module tiericide? The large categories like resistance modules and local reps remain unbalanced. Is there a eta on when they will be done?

Cheers,
Neug

2 Likes

Module tiericide will probably be part of the new balance teams remit (announced July)

1 Like

it will probably take a while before they have there first batch in a place where they are ready to announce anything im going to assume but im sure they are working on it atm.

1 Like

Considering this exact same module tiericide officially began in ■■■■■■■ NOVEMBER 2011 with CRUCIBLE expansion…

Id say uhhh ■■■■ yes it has stalled. Its been almost SIX (6) YEARS SO FAR.

Its literally insane. Im sure ccpFanBois gonna claim thats a cool timeframe… well those folks are insane too

5 Likes

Limited dev time + other priorities = delay. They have already said this many times and said how frustrated they are to not have got further. One solution: make enough money, buy CCP then you can set priorities for dev time. Go for it.

1 Like

I’m sure everything is fine: after all, CCP isn’t a company that proudly announces something is going to be done to improve the game and then quietly abandons it…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: cautious optimism.

1 Like

At Fanfest we were told that all meta turrets & launchers (709 modules) would be done this summer. I don’t see it in the August patch notes …

Still hoping!

2 Likes

In the past I use to keep all Tech 1 Meta Level 3 and 4 modules and over time I had built up a large supply to sell in the Market. Then CCP decided to do Module Tiericide and basically bankrupted most of my asset value within a very short time frame.

So I decided to finish the job and just sell or reprocess all of my Tech 1 modules that were sitting in over 300 stations in 21 different Regions. Took over a month to complete that task, had to do a lot of jumps to those stations, then spend time at each station comparing the Reprocessed ISK value of the modules to it’s Market sell value for the highest profit margin, then when done I had to transport all reprocessed Minerals, Tech 2, Faction and Deadspace loot back to my main Base Of Operations.

Definitely a task I didn’t want to do again so after that I just sell or reprocess all Tech 1 modules whenever I get them. I suggest everybody do the same, that way you won’t get shafted when CCP decides to once again revisit Module Tiericide.

Module tiericide was announced at fanfest 2014 where they announced the high level plan, the dev blog didn’t hit till Fall of that year https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/rebalancing-eve-one-module-at-a-time/ and looks like they started with the October 2014 release https://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-oceanus

so sure it’s been ~3 years and they should probably have gotten it done by now, but honestly it’s rather low priority stuff

and yea, definitely not a fan of the way they’ve done module tiericide so far. It’s mainly just killed off a lot of loot value, and well, hasn’t made ship fittings any more interesting. Very underwhelming so far. I appreciate some of the faction level changes, but for t2 and below, meh.

1 Like

Okay you are right about the 2014 module start date and thats what thread is about.

I was thinking the first “Tiericide” which was the ship one started in Fall 2011 and still is not done.

I was wrong about the start of the Module one yet STILL TOO LONG!

And neither the Ship tiericide which began 2011 nor the Module tiericide that began 2014 are done or will be done in near future.

3 Likes

Cheers for the info. I’ll see if I can ask the team some questions.

Neug

1 Like

You wouldn’t happen to have a link to that announcement?

Thx
Neug

1 Like

Things have a way of making it to TQ and exploding horribly from time to time, and needing to be fixed.

1 Like

Unfortunately nothing new and not a singular event.
I stocked up on Geckos, they give them out a second time in one of those events. Numerous times they devalued clothes and skins from the NES almost totally by giving it away for free - several times it was something I previously bought.

I completely disagree. Instead of ‘■■■■ → better → better → better-> better → t2’ (which reduces the criteria to make a decision which module to fit to market price) there are now several valid choices for t1 modules depending on your priorities.

1 Like

Fit space came into the equation, and still does with the tiered guns:

If you want to run meta light blasters, the CPU requirement doesn’t decrease from one tier to the next. It at least once in the tiers before dropping at meta4, which is expensive. This has the effect of making some of the low-tier guns with lower fitting requirements more valuable than the slightly higher damage multiplier of the next tier.

The value of these things is still an issue. There’s still never a reason to use the T1 stuff except to convert it to T2 for most modules (DCU being the big exception I know of, because the meta version is more expensive than T2). The plain waaaay off in the distance is to make rat drops be parts which need to be fed into industry to make a meta mod, instead of just meta mods which mostly just get scrapped. Look at capship guns on TQ for an idea of what they want to do with gun tiericide, and how the manufacturing would work once they’ve got everything else where they want it.

1 Like

I’m not going to say is was great before, but now it’s pretty much fit t2 all the time, unless you need to use meta for fitting reasons. When first announced I was hoping that you would want to fit meta over t2 for certain performance cases.

2 Likes

With guns, that’s a thing. If you want to HAW solo dread, the ‘precise’ HAW guns are very interesting for that. They track better than tech 2 guns, which is important when you’re trying to kill frigates that have gotten close.

1 Like

interesting, I don’t really look at capital mods much and they haven’t really done much subcap weapon tiericide, might be interesting when they get around to it.

1 Like

What does HAW solo dread mean?